OFFICIAL - Morrison Gone To MK Dons

Guest Johnbloodaxe

We shouldtry playing morrison in midfield, he is a good holder and can see a pass, that would then let us play goal scorers up front BUT provide us with a possible playmaker in midfield, if he continued his workrate etc. I donlt think that this would be a bad move at all given our gaps there...

Comments?

I've supported him whilst here and could see his ability to offer something despite his poor goals ratio.

It appears though that it's not a simple decision of keeping or getting rid, looks like he's given Megson no choice due to his me me me attitude and that's without all his twitter ramblings.

It's clear Megson is trying to create a unit and CM arguably will only hinder that goal

I've always been less convinced than you seem to be of his ability to be anything other than a reasonable 4th choice but I think the "me me me" attitude shone through in his interview after the Charlton goal when he sniped about thinking O'Connor was going on.

This has made his ability or otherwise irrelevant. I think Megson didn't want his influence on the overnight stay last weekend to disrupt the team and acted accordingly when he was able to obtain a replacement.

He is still a Wednesday player and we don't know all the details but for the good of the club it looks like he needs to be consigned to history.

It is unfortunate but he will not starve and there is no need to attack his character or run him down unduly just appreciate his efforts over the last year and move on.

We shouldtry playing morrison in midfield, he is a good holder and can see a pass, that would then let us play goal scorers up front BUT provide us with a possible playmaker in midfield, if he continued his workrate etc. I donlt think that this would be a bad move at all given our gaps there...

Comments?

It worked for Lee Peacock!

Comments?

????????

This would be funny if it was funny.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Comments?

It's the same as I always though Spurr was playing out of position and could have been our Stevie G given a chance in midfield, he did have a young Stevie G look about him... He used to get slated too "like a bambi on ice" they said about Gerrard...

It's the same as I always though Spurr was playing out of position and could have been our Stevie G given a chance in midfield, he did have a young Stevie G look about him... He used to get slated too "like a bambi on ice" they said about Gerrard...

Think I'd rather have Bambi starting.

Think it's a dis-service to Gerrard considering Spurr has absolute no composure on the ball and never has.

Guest TonyOwl88

Would rather him be in the bench on Saturday than rotting at home.

Hope we haven't ballsed this up.

O'Grady and Lowe are back in contention, but like you I am a little bit confused as to why they would potentially pass straight over Clinton and get in the squad when Clinton has done well so far and deserves his place.

Still, at Clinton's age, if he's not first choice, maybe its best if he looks elsewhere so that he can continue playing and not disappear into the abyss.

O'Grady and Lowe are back in contention, but like you I am a little bit confused as to why they would potentially pass straight over Clinton and get in the squad when Clinton has done well so far and deserves his place.

Still, at Clinton's age, if he's not first choice, maybe its best if he looks elsewhere so that he can continue playing and not disappear into the abyss.

Two players I hasten to add that went off injured in their respective debuts.

I think the fact that O'Grady has been put into contention has put the nail in Morrisons Owls career. Lowe is following shortly so I'd be suprised barring a massive injury crisis if we saw Clinton in the blue and white again

It was Francis who put the 3 million bid in, before he'd played a first team game for Man Utd.

I never knew Francis had aswell - but something doesn't add up here - we bid 3 million for an untried 16/17 year old during the 92-93 season?

Blackburn hadn't long shattered the British transfer record by forking out 3.3 million for Shearer! Now, I know we were supposedly in for Shearer, but our bid was nowhere near Blackburn's, and yet, we then made a bid that must have been bigger than our one for Shearer for a young and unheard of Beckham? If it's true then I'm shocked!

There's a fine line when Banter becomes Sniping, Once the bitterness crept into Morrisons comments he crossed that line and for the sake of team unity Megson decided he had to go.

He's made himself look like a tw4t.

Older player setting an example?

Biggest baby in the dressing room.

Not the reaction GM or the fans were looking for this season.

Was definitely pleat who put the bid in. He said it himself in an interview on Football Focus a couple of years ago.

Near miss for becks that. Pleat would have ruined him.

Pleat might have, but that was way after Francis had.

Pleat might have, but that was way after Francis had. I wouldn't believe Pleat anyway, he also said he wasnt a curb crawler.

Sadly Morrison doesn't score enough and spends to much time falling back into defenders, then gesticulating widely hoping for a free kick he's fooling no one with this tactic and the refs don't want to know. I agree that in that the last three or four games he's put himself about, but he's there to score goals. .

If there are other players waiting in the wings eager to prove their worth then it's obvious to most that they must be given their chance. Sorry as i do like his passion but in the goal scoring game passion is not enough you have to put the ball in the net.

Madine to my surprise has raised his game and looks a half decent player, seems to be a confidence player. I don't think he works well with Morrison and would benefit from a speedy, nippy kind of forward playing off him.

UTO

There's a fine line when Banter becomes Sniping, Once the bitterness crept into Morrisons comments he crossed that line and for the sake of team unity Megson decided he had to go.

He's made himself look like a tw4t.

Older player setting an example?

Biggest baby in the dressing room.

Not the reaction GM or the fans were looking for this season.

Totally agree.

He has spat his dummy out - that is the only conclusion we can draw.

He and we need to move on.

He has been average at best. Reasonable for a 4th choice but you do not indulge the whims, foibles and apparent back-biting of a 4th choice striker who is also one of your top earners.

He hasn't scored enough goalie and that's disappointing because he's certainly capable of getting goals. I probably agree with others on this thread, that him and the manager don't see eye to eye and that's why he's being shown the door.

Fair enoug, as a striker, goals are his game, and he is doing it. However, by the same token, keeping goals out is the job of the defence, they ain't doing that but they aren't getting offered to Swindon. A personality clash and rightly there can only be one winner.