OFFICIAL - Potter Gone

Cheers Potter. As sh*t as you were at times, you also brightened my day at times.. your goal at home against the Pigs sending tens of thousands of us into delirium.. one of the few times I saw Hillsborough bouncing for the last few years .. your last minute equaliser away at Bristol last game of season was flipping amazing as well.

Cheers for those few bright sparks in your career here, but pleased to see you leave. Best of luck I guess!

Good riddance, his and Tom Soares' performances on the last day against Crystal Palace epitomised our relegation squad.

To think I along with many others were desperate to sign him after the loan spell from Wolves too. How wrong we all were.

Good news. He looked a composed player when we had him on loan, we were safe in mid-table and played without pressure.

But when it was a battle for survival he wasn't up for it (or indeed up TO it).

Personal criticism of him has at times been over the top. However I agree with those criticising his playing ability.

I'm glad he's moved on, fantastic goal in the derby though.

Cheers Potter. As sh*t as you were at times, you also brightened my day at times.. your goal at home against the Pigs sending tens of thousands of us into delirium.. one of the few times I saw Hillsborough bouncing for the last few years .. your last minute equaliser away at Bristol last game of season was flipping amazing as well.

Cheers for those few bright sparks in your career here, but pleased to see you leave. Best of luck I guess!

I'd agree with that! I'm pleased he's going but wish him luck in the future. It just didn't work out for him here (like it hasn't worked out for many players at us over the years)

Guest parsimmon

Honestly the best news I've had for such a long time.This is a massive massive statement of intent from the board-think there will be some quality additions soon.

Anybody else surprised by the amount of games he's played for us. 103? Crazy.

Has anybody ever managed to do so little, in so many games?

Superb news. He's a player that has epitomised the reasons why we have been so poor over the past two years. Disinterested, demotivated, cowardice and a serious lack of will to win. With Spurr soon to be on his way, and the likes of Miller already gone, Megson is slowly getting rid to the issues within the squad. Wouldn't surprise me if Morrison, and Teale are another couple who could be released, if we recieve positive news on replacements.

I wonder if this decision to release Potter is related to the news of Koumas? Clutching at straws?