OFFICIAL - Potter Gone

Guest Sniper1

Great loan signing by Mr Laws, awesome first half against the Dingles, great finish against the pigs and loved the free kick away at Brizzle.

Thanks for those moments Darren but its not enough for all the inept performances since the Dingle game.

I can't bring myself to say good luck for the future because you don't really deserve it.

The only words that spring to mind are thank f'k.

Darren Potter Wednesday legend

Darren Potter's Wednesday record

Apps 106

Goals 9

Thankyou and good luck Darren Potter.

Darren Potter Wednesday Crab

Darren Potter's Wednesday Record

Apps - Too many

Goals - Not Enough

Thankyou and **** off Darren Potter.

Edited by owls66

I have stated a different opinion all along about Potter. Not just in this thread.

I agree that his departure is the best for all concerned but I still remember Potter contributing to some of the best football I have seen at Hillsbrough for years.

But the wheels came off because we weren't making our dominance stick and then it went to poo poo for him and the team.

He will do well for someone though. Maybe Sheridan.

I think its been done to death in another thread. When we had nothing but runners in midfield both Potter and Gray came in and added much needed composure to a side that was relatively confident. As that confidence ebbed away over time his inability to dominate midfield became apparent and he became ineffective.

He scored some nice goals from range and a beauty vs Sheffield United so it wasnt all bad. I think some opinions of him are over the top but I'm not sorry to see him go, the inability to control central midfield has cost us for too long.

I wish the search function worked so I could bring up the posts 90% of Owltalkers posted about how good he is and how his game is too intelligent for us.

Best player outside of The Premier League.

Yeah. flip off.

I think a lot of people, me included were pleased when he signed following his loan spell, he was seen as a crucial addition. Sadly not!

The only news that could beat this is that he's signing for the pigs.

Imagine that!!!!

Cheered me right up this.

hahaha I was just thinking the same, maybe he's one of Danny's "edge of the seat" players!! lol

Seriously though I don't think I've ever known another Wednesday player to play so many matches and have such a minimal impact on the game. A complete and utter waste of space whose career might not have gone down the sh1tter had he pulled his finger out and shown a bit of interest every now and again.

Unfortunately all my memories of Potter at Wednesday will be negative. Those 3 corners v Huddersfield were a disgrace and he effectively handed Exeter the match on the last day of the season. The only positive, and a big positive, is how he got Hillsborough rocking and bouncing after his goal against the pigs.

Best of luck but to whoever he goes to, rather you than me!!!

I wish the search function worked so I could bring up the posts 90% of Owltalkers posted about how good he is and how his game is too intelligent for us.

Best player outside of The Premier League.

Yeah. flip off.

I will hold my hands up. I used to defend him. I posted on a few occassions that I thought that he was a luxury player who was great when the team were doing well but struggled when we werent. As time went on my opinion changed, at first I put it down to Alan Irvine making him a negative player but my opinions changed as time went on.

The 3 corners incident finally tipped me over the edge, how he had the audacity to blame everyone else. As soon as someone else took a corner from that side they had no problems. There was no coming back from that.

Good riddance ya shitbag

What I hope is that the club will stop being a cash cow for the lazy, inept and flipping workshy and the cushy number where you get paid regardless of the effort and contribution you put...THEN and only THEN will we see us move up to where we belong

wonder if this is the start of those even under contract getting paid up and fooked off of those we dont want.

I sincerely hope not, these players have already cost us plenty of money. I really hope it is a case of "you aren't getting a game here, if you can find a new team then you can go for free"

Probably just wishful thinking.