OFFICIAL - Potter Gone

As it stands then we have lost 9 players that fineshed the season with us ( Miller Hinds Potter Heff Mellor Batth O'Connor JJ and Buxton) and brought in 1 (Prutton) As I mentioned it's as it stands because the 3 out of contract are not wednesday players at the moment and Jones finished the season with us. This leaves us loads of space I the squad to bring in fresh faces and still have a manageable sized squad. Things are starting to look good. Let's get Teale out now and get in a winger who can actually run a bit!

All the best Darren.

This feels like a new signing. I wont have to worry about a player going missing, providing undesirable short passing putting a team mate in trouble or passing it to the opposition. It feels like a signing because we could be playing with 11 players next season. :happy:

I can't wait to get in my seat at Hillsborough, look at the pitch and not see that lanky streak of wee wee there. That's when it will really sink in.

Also, I fancy we've got a deal sorted for a midfielder to come in soon with this news. It probably also means that Coke will be given a crack of the whip under Megson. Hopefully Gary can get him to produce on a more consistant basis, he has the talent to be a good player.

Guest S13OWL

Is it also not quite apt that he's pointing sideways in his picture on the OS?!

I'm guna have a few pints to celebrate.

Bit of a herd mentality in this thread. Not many dissenters I see- probably most are scared of all the negs they will get. Shame.

I have never thought Potter was our worst player. There have been worse in terms of attitude and far worse in terms of ability. Good that he has gone but it's daft that everyone is basically blaming one player for our shiteness.

Just goes to show that when the fans turn, there is no way back,so it's the best outcome for everyone.

Hope Potter gets better luck at his next club.

Edited by Beholder

Bit of a herd mentality in this thread. Not many dissenters I see- probably most are scared of all the negs they will get. Shame.

Perhaps lots of people think the same thing?!?!

Just a thought.

I'll label you an attention seeker for stating a different opinion, shall I?!?! :dry:

Edited by SiJ

I have never thought Potter was our worst player. There have been worse in terms of attitude and far worse in terms of ability. Good that he has gone but it's daft that everyone is basically blaming one player for our shiteness.

Just goes to show that when the fans turn, there is no way back,so it's the best outcome for everyone.

Lewis Buxton may disagree here.

Darren Potter was one of the most gutless players i've seen play for Wednesday over the past few years and is one of (not the only) reason why we went from a midtable Championship team to a midtable League One team in two years. His sort of performance, he put in week after week, opitimised everything what has been wrong over the past few years.

Gutless, waste of space.

Good that he has gone but it's daft that everyone is basically blaming one player for our shiteness.

I think most seem to agree (or should) that he wasn't THE reason for such a poor couple of years but one of a few. However when you've got a player like that in your midfield you will lose most battles.

He has the quality to be any player he wants to be.

I genuinely believe that. I don't understand why he doesn't apply himself better, he could have been a great player for us. All it takes is a bit of balls on the pitch and he could have been great.