OFFICIAL - Potter Gone

Bit of a herd mentality in this thread. Not many dissenters I see- probably most are scared of all the negs they will get. Shame.

I have never thought Potter was our worst player. There have been worse in terms of attitude and far worse in terms of ability. Good that he has gone but it's daft that everyone is basically blaming one player for our shiteness.

Just goes to show that when the fans turn, there is no way back for Danny Wilson...

Hope Potter gets better luck at his next club.

make sure you don't wear your best shoes

Perhaps lots of people think the same thing?!?!

Just a thought.

I'll label you an attention seeker for stating a different opinion, shall I?!?! :dry:

I have stated a different opinion all along about Potter. Not just in this thread.

I agree that his departure is the best for all concerned but I still remember Potter contributing to some of the best football I have seen at Hillsbrough for years.

But the wheels came off because we weren't making our dominance stick and then it went to poo poo for him and the team.

He will do well for someone though. Maybe Sheridan.

I have stated a different opinion all along about Potter. Not just in this thread.

I agree that his departure is the best for all concerned but I still remember Potter contributing to some of the best football I have seen at Hillsbrough for years.

But the wheels came off because we weren't making our dominance stick and then it went to poo poo for him and the team.

He will do well for someone though. Maybe Sheridan.

You obviously hadn't been going to Hillsborough for very long! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You obviously hadn't been going to Hillsborough for very long! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well the last time I remember us trying to play football was in the 90's.

Under Laws was the only time I've seen us pass it around and dominate possession for a long time. When we had Gray and Potter with macca , JJ and Tudgay

But you obviously know different so I'd love to hear about it.....

Guest Danaldo_SWFC

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! epic news. Now we just need rid of O'Ginner and Sedgwick and i'll be happy. Probably Clinton too.

the three attempts at one corner, i hope to never see something like that again.

To be fair to Potter the ball was floating away and none of his team mates had enough of a brain to see that it needed to be played short.

I don't think he was any worse than any of the rest of them. He had talent but not enough to grab the game and dominate it.

Poor player along with a lot of other poor players. No worse than the rest. Definitely not a high standard to beat though!

As soon as the fans turn on you it's very difficult to get them back. Buxton is very much the exception to the rule.

I wonder who he's got lined up, I'd be very surprised if he's not got a deal already set up...

I remember months ago, Mandaric said that he doesn't care how much players are on, or how long they have left on there contracts, if they aren't up to our standard they will be gone.

Thanks for standing by your word Milan. This guy is going to help bring us back to what we should be.

On his day, he was bang average, nothing more. On a bad day, he was about as useful as a fart in a wetsuit. Being here any longer served no purpose to all involved. I would imagine MK Dons will sign him now. As always, I wish the best for the future but not against us.

With More its more the fact.

A. He fails to get back when he loses the ball. Something which led to Ambroses goal against Palace.

B. He gives the ball away in dangerous positions all the time.

C. He passes sideways when we're on the counter.

D. He puts in half hearted tackles.

E. Can't head or take a corner.

F. He has no Plan B with his passing or set pieces.

G. He takes to long on the ball for both leagues he's played for us in.

H. He ain't what we need next season. A luxury player.

I. He can't pick a pass that well.

Bit of a herd mentality in this thread. Not many dissenters I see- probably most are scared of all the negs they will get. Shame.

I have never thought Potter was our worst player. There have been worse in terms of attitude and far worse in terms of ability. Good that he has gone but it's daft that everyone is basically blaming one player for our shiteness.

Just goes to show that when the fans turn, there is no way back,so it's the best outcome for everyone.

Hope Potter gets better luck at his next club.

Potter started every league game in 2009/10, he certainly made a large contribution to our shiteness that season. It's not as if he was laying on chance after chance for our forwards, he simply didn't show the creation we were led to believe he was capable of and his tackling was non-existent. Won't be missed.

As has been said Buxton managed to change the opinions of the fans in general and was one of our better players last season whereas Potter......