Blade in peace joining

Guest Superblades

I don't ever see the attraction of being a member of the rivals boards but fair enough, welcome.

Does seem bizarre. He'll soon find out that we talk mainly about Wednesday. But I suppose it's not unlike other clubs in South Yorkshire, who also like talking about Wednesday

I don't ever see the attraction of being a member of the rivals boards but fair enough, welcome.

Its for the banter isn't it ? Like when you go to an away ground have a few beers in the pub and talk to the locals, chew the fat, take the pee etc.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

superblades, you seem a decent sort, and personally, I love talking to reasonable fans of all clubs, we all love football. I don't want to insult you and you say you're passionate but then you say you came to Sheffield to study and followed the Blades. Was that because at that time (and I hate to say this), maybe in the last 10 years they appeared to be the best team in Sheffield ? If it was, it's not too late to change your mind and become an Owl, we welcome repentant sinners!

Believe you me if you stay with the Blades you're in for a decade of misery. Change now and get aboard for an exciting decade at Hillsborough.

Thanks mate, nice to meet you too.

Yeah to be fair for that league you do have a good squad. How's Giles Coke doing? I heard we were after him back in the Summer too. For some reason I rated Irvine as a manager but he seems to have regressed drastically in the last few years. Shame though.

As for going down - I think we'll be safe this season JUST. MA is a good manager who will steady the ship and get a bit of passion back. The fans will get behind him and I think we'll be ok as I think our squad is good enough for mid table. Joe Mattock was a terrific first signing today and we BADLY need him. Next season it all depends on the big man doesn't it? The rumours of the finances (as I'm sure you know) are NOT good. He might go buy another hotel. Then we'll be proper f*****.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

superblades, you seem a decent sort, and personally, I love talking to reasonable fans of all clubs, we all love football. I don't want to insult you and you say you're passionate but then you say you came to Sheffield to study and followed the Blades. Was that because at that time (and I hate to say this), maybe in the last 10 years they appeared to be the best team in Sheffield ? If it was, it's not too late to change your mind and become an Owl, we welcome repentant sinners!

Believe you me if you stay with the Blades you're in for a decade of misery. Change now and get aboard for an exciting decade at Hillsborough.

:st2: :st2: :st2:

Welcome superb....., nope I can't even bring myself to type that name!

My hatred of Utd runs deep; when I'm back in Sheffield, I'll never drive past the ground, I don't wear red and white etc etc - pathetic I know

But if you're on here to talk footy as a genuine fan, then for me, you're most welcome and I look forward to your posting. (I also look forward to your relegation this season but we'll talk more about that as the weeks pass :biggrin: )

Hi guys,

Not here to cause trouble just joining in peace to chat footy. I actually prefer talking to other fans because some of our guys are so deluded. Hope that’s ok but whatever.

I am fiercely passionate about Blades but can’t be bothered to get into stupid arguments here but let’s see how we go eh lads?!

How are you happy with Irvine? 7th spot at this stage? Think you are going to push on? As I’m sure you know we are having a complete nightmare so far.

Anyway hope I’m welcomed but through gritted teeth I’m too much of a fan to wish you luck but I won’t wish bad on you either 

Up the blades!

Tonto ?

Welcome to you superb**de, you will have already noticed you will get a decent conversation out of most on here, you'll get a few childish nobbers but you have to expect that. I also hate united as a club but with the fans its only banter as i have quite a few piggy friends :biggrin:

In answer to your question, no i'm not happy with Irvine one bit. I'm biting my lip at the minute though, as you know Mandaric has come in and seriously dug us out of the mire and i and many others are very grateful as our club has not been this financially stable for over a decade. He's asked us to back the manager who he is currently backing himself with his money, so thats where i stand with him at the minute. We owe Manaric that at least.

I don't want you to go down for the simple reason we're comin up and as you know there is no finer match in football for out 2 clubs than the Sheffield derby!

Hi guys,

Not here to cause trouble just joining in peace to chat footy. I actually prefer talking to other fans because some of our guys are so deluded. Hope that’s ok but whatever.

I am fiercely passionate about Blades but can’t be bothered to get into stupid arguments here but let’s see how we go eh lads?!

How are you happy with Irvine? 7th spot at this stage? Think you are going to push on? As I’m sure you know we are having a complete nightmare so far.

Anyway hope I’m welcomed but through gritted teeth I’m too much of a fan to wish you luck but I won’t wish bad on you either 

Up the blades!

Hi and welcome, i didn't realise the united board(s) were that bad

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Welcome mate.. Nothing personnel but I hate the Blunts, but not the individuals just the collective !!

TBH I hope Utd stay up this season and we join them in the Championship as well..

I love/hate the Sheffield derby day...

Seems you have signed a couple of decent defenders Mattock / Lowry over the last couple of days.. they should help you no ends..

UTO FTB

We were both called it, obviously we formed first so were called it first. Then moved to Owlerton in 1900ish and changed our name to The Owls leaving you to take over the reigns of The Blades.

Oh and skyline suck a wee pipe, whatever the league says we both know you never beat me...

:biggrin:

Hi Suprblades

You will find divided opinion on Irvine here. There are many who are passionately vitriolic towards him.

I doubt many people would choose him if we were mangerless and the other camp accept he is here for this season at least and hope and "believe" we will get promotion anyway

A lot of people are a bit sick of threads discussing Irvine so it wasn't great timing you showing up and asking :-)

Thanks Russy. So what is the EXACT deal with Mandric? Is there money to get the squad going? Are the finances actually sorted?

Most of my mates just start talking about how you are still screwed but I don't know the ins and outs. I'll do my best to ignore the numptys!

Also if I turn into one of those you are poo poo posters I suspect I'll get kicked off anyway!!

Were that screwed we have ZERO debt.

:rolleyes:

Guest Superblades

dont talk to him

Thanks all for the welcome and for those who haven't been quite as welcoming I hope I don't intrude too much but I'm not here to argue or whatever, just can't be bothered with the standard you are poo poo we are not banter. Bit of joshing isn't a problem though!

As for the various things that have been posted since I was last on here - unfortunately I won't be deferring to your team, during my time here a guy I met who is coincidentally one of my best friends is a die hard blade as is his entire family hence why I started following United. Also I prefer red and white.

The defenders we've signed are going to help us enormously although we will still struggle with the walking accident (don't know what's happened to him) that is Nos. One saving grace is that I believe Nos is injured - not sure how long for though.

Who are the two lads you've recently signed?

P.S - it would indeed be a great day for us to get the derby back. We'll hold up our end of the deal if you do yours ;)

Mandaric is a football man and he also a business man.

As said, he owns us and we are debt free. Mandi is not going to talk about amounts of money but besides aiming to get the club running on a more firm business footing he will also be looking to invest enough money, but presumably not throw silly money, into us to get the club into the premiership. This will satisfy the football man and the club will be worth significantly more than he will have spent, so this will satisfy the business man.

That's the theory. We are no longer screwed

smells like fishing to me, especially as the opening point was "how are you happy with irvine.." but whatever.

Get involved in the banter and debates (theres plenty on here) but it must be major depressing on the b***es sites now eh? whats the general view from you lot, relegation - is it likely?