Blade in peace joining

Guest Superblades

Thanks Russy. So what is the EXACT deal with Mandric? Is there money to get the squad going? Are the finances actually sorted?

Most of my mates just start talking about how you are still screwed but I don't know the ins and outs. I'll do my best to ignore the numptys!

Also if I turn into one of those you are poo poo posters I suspect I'll get kicked off anyway!!

The exact deal as I understand it is that MM owns 100% of the club. He paid around 8-10 million pounds in total to clear the clubs debt to the bank and the loan note holders. And for that money, ge got a debt free club.

He has started putting some money in for transfers, made 2 signings costing around £400k. But he says we are hoping to sign another 5 or 6 before the close of the window.

All in all, we are VERY lucky to have him.

Guest Superblades

The exact deal as I understand it is that MM owns 100% of the club. He paid around 8-10 million pounds in total to clear the clubs debt to the bank and the loan note holders. And for that money, ge got a debt free club.

He has started putting some money in for transfers, made 2 signings costing around £400k. But he says we are hoping to sign another 5 or 6 before the close of the window.

All in all, we are VERY lucky to have him.

To be fair if that is the deal then yeah you guys are lucky. Fair play though - everyone moans about cheating clubs and the finances but to be fair if it was happening to their own club (as you say in this instance) you wouldn't have any problem with it if it kept you alive, looking at us and the way we are headed I can sympathise somewhat while feeling extremely worried.

Who are the two players you've signed?

Welcome mate. We have a couple of Blades here who can join in with the mature members and discuss football. Unfortunatley we have a few idiotic Blades come and go too, but we also have our fair share of Owls who are a bit dim! (like that Russy fella).

Guest Superblades

Welcome mate. We have a couple of Blades here who can join in with the mature members and discuss football. Unfortunatley we have a few idiotic Blades come and go too, but we also have our fair share of Owls who are a bit dim! (like that Russy fella).

Thanks mate, I can't be bothered posting on my blades site at the moment to be honest. Everyone just starts kicking off at each other anyway - there's no logic or reasoning to anyone's posts at the moment, doing my head in.

Thanks Trevdi! This has not been as painful as I thought it would be! Am looking forward to posting on here if I am still welcome in the future. Started late tonight to miss the masses :) haha.

Hi Superblade one of my top Derby memories ( don't cringe, I won't mention Boxing day) My 13th Birthday May 15th 1963 there had been a massive fixture pileup due to a very bad winter. It was at Hillsborough you led 1-0 at half time, I think little Joe Shaw broke his leg and we went on to thrash you

3-1 in the second half.

Also did you know that the blades were formed by a group of ex wednesday players amongst others who could no longer win a place in the side.

Q, does our old name of the Blades sit comfortably with you ? Personally I could n't feel happy if our nick name had been adourned by a rival team.

Guest Superblades

Hi Superblade one of my top Derby memories ( don't cringe, I won't mention Boxing day) My 13th Birthday May 15th 1963 there had been a massive fixture pileup due to a very bad winter. It was at Hillsborough you led 1-0 at half time, I think little Joe Shaw broke his leg and we went on to thrash you

3-1 in the second half.

Also did you know that the blades were formed by a group of ex wednesday players amongst others who could no longer win a place in the side.

Q, does our old name of the Blades sit comfortably with you ? Personally I could n't feel happy if our nick name had been adourned by a rival team.

Hi mate. Glad you enjoyed that derby, was just a tad too long ago for me to have experienced that one pal. Didn't know that we were formed by an group of ex Wednesday players though we had to do with something about a cricket club or something. Guess I'll have to take your word for it though mate ;).

Didn't know Blades was stolen from you either. Hope we can do the nickname proud in the Championship for you though pal - better exposure for it and that ;) just playing about though mate :) is that actually true?

Hi guys,

Not here to cause trouble just joining in peace to chat footy. I actually prefer talking to other fans because some of our guys are so deluded. Hope that’s ok but whatever.

howdy

genuinely, how is the Hotel and gym doing??? i'd be interested to know if it actually has taken off like the proposed plans or been a financial burden? the gym looks half decent from the outside!!

Guest Superblades

howdy

genuinely, how is the Hotel and gym doing??? i'd be interested to know if it actually has taken off like the proposed plans or been a financial burden? the gym looks half decent from the outside!!

I think as most people know it's been a shocker and yes quite a substantial burden mate. To be fair I can smell the sarcasm from a mile out and it ain't good but fair enough - to be fair that hotel does deserve you lot to have a little pop at us

Didn't know Blades was stolen from you either. Hope we can do the nickname proud in the Championship for you though pal - better exposure for it and that ;) just playing about though mate :) is that actually true?

We were both called it, obviously we formed first so were called it first. Then moved to Owlerton in 1900ish and changed our name to The Owls leaving you to take over the reigns of The Blades.

Oh and skyline suck a wee pipe, whatever the league says we both know you never beat me...

Edited by Russy

Hi mate. Glad you enjoyed that derby, was just a tad too long ago for me to have experienced that one pal. Didn't know that we were formed by an group of ex Wednesday players though we had to do with something about a cricket club or something. Guess I'll have to take your word for it though mate ;).

I take it you are not too young or too old.......But yeah when we were the Blades your lot were the Cutlers.

You don't seem up to speed on too much of the clubs history, so how did you become a Blade ?

Guest Superblades

We were both called it, obviously we formed first so were called it first. Then moved to Owlerton in 1900ish and changed our name to The Owls leaving you to take over the reigns of The Blades.

Oh and skyline suck a wee pipe, whatever the league says we both know you never beat me...

Just been on the old fountain of knowledge that is Wikipedia and apparently "Sheffield United formed on 22 March 1889 as a football and bandy club[4] at the Adelphi Hotel, Sheffield (now the site of the Crucible Theatre) by the President of the Cricket Club Sir Charles Clegg, as a way of keeping the Sheffield United Cricket Club together during the winter close season, following the departure of Sheffield Wednesday to their new ground at Olive Grove and generating income revenues from Bramall Lane over the winter."

Didn't check Wednesday mind

Guest Superblades

I take it you are not too young or too old.......But yeah when we were the Blades your lot were the Cutlers.

You don't seem up to speed on too much of the clubs history, so how did you become a Blade ?

No sorry mate I'm not massively up with the clubs history but guess that's that. I was always into footy as a young lad but being from a family that weren't into sports I was more a product of my environment. Never really had a team but moved to Sheffield through studying and that - love everything about Sheffield and the place and started following the team. Got my season ticket and been a fan ever since.

Not the true die hard born and bred unfortunately but not going to lie to you pal.

Guest Superblades

Pays to listen to our Nev ,fountain of knowledge the man is ,

Sometimes with the history he comes out with you would swear he was present at the time .

Guess I'll learn a lot Trevdi!

3-1 in the second half.

Guess what Nev, my date of birth is 15th May 1950. Do you think we could be twins, separated at birth. Seen others on here with same birthday, but I wonder what the odds on exactly same d.o.b ? Spooky, or what?

Guest Superblades

Go to pigstalk or whatever your site is.

Cheers mate! Nice to meet you too. Fair enough though I can take fair cop on this site :).