Blade in peace joining

Guest Superblades

Thanks all for the welcome and for those who haven't been quite as welcoming I hope I don't intrude too much but I'm not here to argue or whatever, just can't be bothered with the standard you are poo poo we are not banter. Bit of joshing isn't a problem though!

As for the various things that have been posted since I was last on here - unfortunately I won't be deferring to your team, during my time here a guy I met who is coincidentally one of my best friends is a die hard blade as is his entire family hence why I started following United. Also I prefer red and white.

The defenders we've signed are going to help us enormously although we will still struggle with the walking accident (don't know what's happened to him) that is Nos. One saving grace is that I believe Nos is injured - not sure how long for though.

Who are the two lads you've recently signed?

P.S - it would indeed be a great day for us to get the derby back. We'll hold up our end of the deal if you do yours ;)

From what I can tell about your performances this season, it's not just as simple as signing a couple of new defenders. I'm friends with a few season ticket holders at the Lane the Sty and they are saying you aren't good enough in attack either.

How would you (honestly) rate your chances of staying up this season?

Welcome to our new poster. This site can be quite tough, even for owls fans, so a blade putting his head above the parapet is a rarity. Not many stay the course. The non SWFC section is good for banter, not as busy as this bit so some good healthy debate can happen. There's a few other blades on there too who's input is welcomed.

I've seen a few come on and learn a thing or too as well, we've been saying for a while now that all isn't rosy in your garden and that seems to be sinking in amongst the masses now. Mcabe may be a fan, but you owe him millions, 40-60 seems to be the best guess. If he doesn't want it back then you're ok. If he wants interest on it yearly then that impacts on the playing side, as evidenced by players being sold and not replaced with similar standards. We have trod that path, eventually it gets dark and scary with nasty folk hiding in the bushes.

Theres calls for mcabe to put his hand in his pocket or flip off on some blades sites. If this happens you are in a world of poo poo the likes of which you've never imagined. If you think it's bad now, you'd look back on today as being a good time. We were lucky. Our debt nearly destroyed us. Your debt is bigger, your gate receipts are lower even though numbers are higher. Mcabe has subsidised cheap and free season tickets to increase footflow and some of your fans hate him for it. Reality will bite eventually.

Keep posting, ignore the plebs whoever they support and let's see how this season works out.

Edited by latemodelchild

On the off chance he is a spy reporting back to bluntsmad he should be ignored imo,

Some of my best mates are blunts, i dont dis like someone for being a blunt but i don't like one on our board getting all chatty, his postings are suspicious and his intentions are unlikely to be friendly, some of the stuff that gets written on there board is disgracefull re sid and the hillsborough desaster and i have got very ill feeling towards blunt forum posters

Who are the two lads you've recently signed?

THE RADIATOR "The Radiator" Johnson from Plymouth and Michael Morrison from Leicester.

Edit: Haha, loving the replacement text for R.e.d.a. :biggrin:

Edited by NicNac

I've seen a few come on and learn a thing or too as well, we've been saying for a while now that all isn't rosy in your garden and that seems to be sinking in amongst the masses now. Mcabe may be a fan, but you owe him millions, 40-60 seems to be the best guess. If he doesn't want it back then you're ok. If he wants interest on it yearly then that impacts on the playing side, as evidenced by players being sold and not replaced with similar standards. We have trod that path, eventually it gets dark and scary with nasty folk hiding in the bushes.

Theres calls for mcabe to put his hand in his pocket or flip off on some blades sites. If this happens you are in a world of poo poo the likes of which you've never imagined. If you think it's bad now, you'd look back on today as being a good time. We were lucky. Our debt nearly destroyed us. Your debt is bigger, your gate receipts are lower even though numbers are higher. Mcabe has subsidised cheap and free season tickets to increase footflow and some of your fans hate him for it. Reality will bite eventually.

This post has significantly cheered my day up!

They could be in trouble big style if mcabe decides he's had enough.

The best bit is the fact that most of them seem to be attempting to force him out of the club as quickly as possible.

They're almost taunting him to just say, "Screw it, I'm off. Now where's my money?"

Externally debt free in 3 years comments have pulled the wool over a lot of eyes, including RS. They could be in trouble big style if mcabe decides he's had enough.

Two quote i heard on RS from clever blunts,

1. Hes lead us down a dead end path (this is not entirley his fault imo)

2. We're stuck with him and hes stuck with us (sort of true but what the hell happens if he packs up?)

Both these points lead me to think they have a dark future…

Two quote i heard on RS from clever blunts,

1. Hes lead us down a dead end path (this is not entirley his fault imo)

2. We're stuck with him and hes stuck with us (sort of true but what the hell happens if he packs up?)

Both these points lead me to think they have a dark future…

Probably the same boat the CO-OP were in. If he has enough and forces admin, he will get a very small amount of what hes actually owed.

Made worse by the fact they have very little in the way of assets to sell to recoup some of the money. Relegation this year would be disasterous for them.

Guest Superblades

No keep him here He likes footy I'll have him converted, he's already learnt there are lower % of idiots here in Sheffield 5,6 & 10.

Why would I need to create an account to be a spy? Why are my posts suspicious? I'm just trying to be friendly but that's ok if you want to suspect me.

I think everyone knows that we are in a lot of trouble in the background and relegation really would be a disaster with a probable long road to recovery. Like a lot of teams in the current climate the finances are a complete state and yeah it is depressing to think the worst is still to come. If MA can help stabilise us though and get the best out of the players I think we should end up comfortable this season - clearly a long way from where we are now. Then moving forward it'll be about wheeling and dealing to get the wage bill down and more players that want to be at the club in fighting and scraping for every single point.

Things were not so fabulous for you guys either and it definitely looks as though we could do with a Mandaric to come in and help us. McCabe always talks about the incoming investment at AGMs etc and we just never get to see it. While a Blades fan he is a businessman first and this is also worrying. Trevor Birch seems to be smart, and doing his best but again is dramatically limited. All in all it's a bad state of affairs but one we'll have to stomach - probably a situation that'll be enjoyed by your fans for the next couple of years too.