VOTE FOR THE NEW AWAY KIT DESIGN

What about purple with white trim like Newcastle's away kit, quite like that.

Or a different green that does look quite so much like urinal cakes with some blue and white trim.

Or yellow with a white horizontal stripe between blue horizontal pinstripes.

Or you know what even the rumbleing pink one with some sort of design.

Just not a plain shirt that looks like we've gone to Sport Soccer and got one of their stock kits.

I'd vote for a purple kit like what Fiorentina play in, or failing that Sky blue.

But Pink never ever ever, the bloke who thought this one up is incompetent. Like a poster said earlier, we may as well have red and white stripes.

Ain't voting and definately ain't buying.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Even though it's the only one of the three I'd consider buying for its uniqueness, I wouldn't mind it being withdrawn as it certainly seems to be attracting the most criticism.

Although (even though I realise it might not be completely representative) the poll I made in the other thread is currently indicating that the orange shirt would sell the least of the three.

It seems that all of the Owls fans on every forum are saying the same thing, especially with regards to the pink one.

And for every measure you put in place to stop other fans voting for it, there are 2 other ways around it. And to suggest that it only happens in small numbers, well has anyone been asked to vote for a pink kit before?

Once again Sheffield Wednesday is a laughing stock

Careful what you wish for! I would rather have a year of PUMA pink than anymore years of Diadora/Lotto/all the other crap tissue paper shirts that wash once and then are nakered.

I take the opposite view, I would rather have a poo manufacturer, than have piggy pink forced upon us.

Let me explain the process.

PUMA present a number of shirt designs to clubs and clubs have to pick one of the designs. A discussion is then had about colour options.

You wouldn't BELIEVE how restricted we are with colour options - referees have a certain amount of colours that you can't really touch, you have to weigh up any clashes with your other kits (home and third), goalkeeper shirts are only available in specific colours and you can't clash with those, there's limits on colours in the manufacturing process, player and manager preferences, you can't have the same colours as your last away shirt, etc. Honestly, you genuinely wouldn't believe it. I know I didn't understand it until I sat in one of these meetings suggesting green and white hoops, silver and purple, sky blue, etc, etc, and got knocked back...

We also had a brief that for this season the shirt had to be fairly plain and bright as a contrast to last season's black shirt (which isn't popular in evening games!) and we wanted to have the Sheffield Wednesday blue incorporated into the trim.

So all in l we were left with very few colour options.

Now, I can understand the reaction with the pink shirt option - it is pretty radical - however we looked at the popularity of the Everton away shirt for this season (which had a very similar reaction to their fans when it was released) which has sold well and is very popular and so we decided to at least put it to vote and let the fans decide (the Everton one is here: http://evertondirect....aspx?pid=72206 ).

Unfortunately, you can't get the actual shades and textures from a flat image like these. The colours are actually quite nice and you have to imagine them on the shirt material.

As with all votes of this nature you might not like some of the options (last year we had similar comments) and in some instances you might not like any of the options (we can't please all the people all the time), but we're trying our best to consult with supporters. Please do take a moment to look them over and vote for the one that you think is best out of the three options.

Everton haven't got the pig conotation though have they and this should have been uppermost in anyones mind connected with Owls in the discussions

One thing for sure...we got the absolute rock bottom...sale price bargains on offer....another 50p and we could have red and white stripes

BTW brilliant ploy to unite the fans....all we nedd now is for MM to come out and say " we are not wearing bloody pink " and thats him celebrated for life....easy this PR lark isn't it :rolleyes:

Here's a sample of the shirt design (obviously not in the colours, but to give an idea of texture/material, etc - well, as much as you possibly can in a photograph):

post-1933-087920700 1292254126_thumb.jpg

What are those silly stripes for?

My guess is they are to tart up a very basic design.

Reading ther posts from James and Chris on here really makes me think someone at the club needs to grow a pair and go back to Puma THIS SEASON and tell thim it's not good enough.

Surely an email to them with a link to this thread would be a good place to start?

James and Chris - you or whoever made the decision here have got it wrong. Swallow your pride, accept it and make it right before it's too late - you (and Puma) cannot ignore 12 pages of negative feedback from the people you are expecting to buy the shirts surely?

All this talk of we'll get a fan involved next year etc etc does nothing to resolve the bollock that has clearly been dropped.