VOTE FOR THE NEW AWAY KIT DESIGN

Chris

Thanks for the feedback, but the real problem is they are poo ...! All of them...!

With the greatest of respect, there seems to be a majority opinion of the few responding on this forum that thinks the same.

Without wishing to be rude, I don't really care what Puma do/think.

Without wishing to be rude, I don't really care about the circumstances leading to there being three poo kits on offer... not interested....!

They are poo and need a massive re-think right away, or the club can bury their heads in the sand and await the poo sales to match the poo shirts.

Clubs choice, the customers have spoken.

Again thanks for coming and putting your points over and please don't do a flounce.

Regards

Mick

This isn't a flounce at all - sometimes things are not as simple as they seem on the outside and comprimises have to be made. I've tried to explain the process to give more understanding of how it all works and the situation that we are in.

Chris

Let me explain the process.

PUMA present a number of shirt designs to clubs and clubs have to pick one of the designs. A discussion is then had about colour options.

You wouldn't BELIEVE how restricted we are with colour options - referees have a certain amount of colours that you can't really touch, you have to weigh up any clashes with your other kits (home and third), goalkeeper shirts are only available in specific colours and you can't clash with those, there's limits on colours in the manufacturing process, player and manager preferences, you can't have the same colours as your last away shirt, etc. Honestly, you genuinely wouldn't believe it. I know I didn't understand it until I sat in one of these meetings suggesting green and white hoops, silver and purple, sky blue, etc, etc, and got knocked back...

We also had a brief that for this season the shirt had to be fairly plain and bright as a contrast to last season's black shirt (which isn't popular in evening games!) and we wanted to have the Sheffield Wednesday blue incorporated into the trim.

So all in l we were left with very few colour options.

Now, I can understand the reaction with the pink shirt option - it is pretty radical - however we looked at the popularity of the Everton away shirt for this season (which had a very similar reaction to their fans when it was released) which has sold well and is very popular and so we decided to at least put it to vote and let the fans decide (the Everton one is here: http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/everton/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=72206 ).

Unfortunately, you can't get the actual shades and textures from a flat image like these. The colours are actually quite nice and you have to imagine them on the shirt material.

As with all votes of this nature you might not like some of the options (last year we had similar comments) and in some instances you might not like any of the options (we can't please all the people all the time), but we're trying our best to consult with supporters. Please do take a moment to look them over and vote for the one that you think is best out of the three options.

Don't want to blow my own trumpet but I would love to be involved in the process somwhere along the line and don't even get me started on GK kits!!!, we do seem to have the shitty end of the stick when it comes to quality and design with PUMA, even on the Genesis/Puma site you can get the Powercat C1.10 shirts which are a lot better design and plain than the second rate crap they throw at us!! Look at the collar design of the International/Premiership PUMA branded teams. Can't express enough how poor these are

Thanks for taking the time to post that Chris. Is there any way of going back to PUMA and saying unfortunately none of these will sell so you have to do a bit better. Or is it literally that is your choice and you are stuck with it. It would seem an awful shame to waste such an opportunity to make some money, for both the club and PUMA. I find it odd that, although quite generic, the PUMA kits are normally a bit more distinctive than Nike and Adidas et al. Just look at the kits for all the African teams. You get an asymetric design and quirky little bits all over the kit. These just seem like they have been pulled together at the last minute and it is essentially a plain shirt with 2 lines on it, hardly a design at all is it! As for the colours, well I think we have covered that!

Puma have deliberately simplified the shirt designs for next season for a more 'retro style'. We do need to choose from the templates that Puma have and this is the approach that they have taken for next year.

Chris

Don't want to blow my own trumpet but I would love to be involved in the process somwhere along the line and don't even get me started on GK kits!!!, we do seem to have the shitty end of the stick when it comes to quality and design with PUMA, even on the Genesis/Puma site you can get the Powercat C1.10 shirts which are a lot better design and plain than the second rate crap they throw at us!! Look at the collar design of the International/Premiership PUMA branded teams. Can't express enough how poor these are

Re: the collar design - that option was available to us last season but SIGNIFICANTLY increased the cost price of the shirts. For that reason we opted not to introduce that style of collar. These are also designs which are not available next year.

Chris

Edited by Chris C

well if thats the best Puma can offer whens thats contract end!! What worries me is if these are the best 3 colours we could choose from what the hell were the others? Salmon or see through? You'd think in this day an age of digital design Puma could pull there finger out and give more choice or have they just got an overstock left of that design back at the chinese sweatshop?.

Actually thinking about it Has there been a mx up? Maybe this isnt the new away kit they want us to vote on - its the new stewards vests.

Oh and do they glow in the dark?

That one will be available from the Owls Megastore later this week, hopefully.

seriously?

i'd buy about a million of them i've always wanted that shirt

well if the shade has yet to be decided what about really deep shades of all the colours rather then the washed out ones that the pic looks like

See comments above about requests for a bright shirt for next season.

Chris

Chris, James,

Send your contact at Puma a link to this thread.

They need to know.

You are getting some great feedback in this thread, and the vast majority is very negative.

I can't believe Puma wouldn't be concerned and wouldn't want to know.

Are you sure this isn't a wind up ?

Chris, James,

Send your contact at Puma a link to this thread.

They need to know.

You are getting some great feedback in this thread, and the vast majority is very negative.

I can't believe Puma wouldn't be concerned and wouldn't want to know.

Are you sure this isn't a wind up ?

They are aware of the thread and the feedback so far.

Chris

This isn't a flounce at all - sometimes things are not as simple as they seem on the outside and comprimises have to be made. I've tried to explain the process to give more understanding of how it all works and the situation that we are in.

Chris

Whilst you might feel you have to make a compromise from your perspective, we as customers don't - we simply won't buy the shirt. Thanks for the explanation though Chris. I understand that it puts you in a difficult position but the shirt is fairly fundamental to the whole ethos of the football fan and is therefore something where I for one, will not accept second best. And frankly, the selection we've been given to choose from is even second best.