VOTE FOR THE NEW AWAY KIT DESIGN

Guest britmod_owl

don't like any of them but some inbred calling me a pig for wearing pink wouldn't bother me at all, its possibly because im not from sheffield that the pig thing doesn't annoy me but i find that an adequate insult back to them can be found on all occasions even if it is just a reminder that they have never needed a trophy cabinet and looks like they never will, with to$$ers added for good measure.

Now THIS was a kit...

sheff-wed-away-90-92.gif

Best ever away kit for me. I've still got the shirt in large, I wish I'd bought the fat bar steward size now.

Forgot to add, and it's got the best ever Owl badge on it.

Actually, the SWFC under the Owl should be replaced by 1867, then it would be the best ever logo.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Best ever away kit for me. I've still got the shirt in large, I wish I'd bought the fat bar steward size now.

Forgot to add, and it's got the best ever Owl badge on it.

I always thought the yellow was too weak and was just re-hash of the Crystal Palace away kit - I still had it though and I had my picture in The Sheffield Star wearing it! :cool:

My fave was the 1992 yellow and black.

I am starting to think I'm missing something.

The idea is to make money by selling kits isn't it?

Will these kits sell in large numbers?

From the feedback received so far the answer is probably not.

Why don't those who have dropped a clanger man up and tell PUMA to go flip themselves.

Some rules of business:

1) The customer is ALWAYS right.

2) Give the customer what he wants

3) Demand for a product determines sales

4) poo poo products don't sell

These are not difficult concepts to understand unless you're absolutely flipping thick.

I am starting to think I'm missing something.

The idea is to make money by selling kits isn't it?

Will these kits sell in large numbers?

From the feedback received so far the answer is probably not.

Why don't those who have dropped a clanger man up and tell PUMA to go flip themselves.

Some rules of business:

1) The customer is ALWAYS right.

2) Give the customer what he wants

3) Demand for a product determines sales

4) poo poo products don't sell

These are not difficult concepts to understand unless you're absolutely flipping thick.

So who was responsible?

If it was a case of...this is how much money we have to spend...so these are the only range we can afford...then why not tell us...it makes no difference cos' no ones gonna buy this poo poo as it is

Edited by daveyboy66

Puma come to us with their 'Kit DNA' for next year. These are the basic template designs that they present to all their clubs. Details can then be discussed such as collars, stripe styles, widths, colours etc. Puma have a number of kit templates and we choose from them.

One of the templates has been chosen for the home kit and a different style (as shown in the images) has been chosen for the 2nd style. There are very few basic templates to choose from and we believe that the template chosen for the away kit was the best available - I don't have the other options on a PDF to share either, before anyone asks.

This has been combined with feedback internally, particularly from the football management who have requested a solid bright coloured shirt, rather than a dark one.

So, after the template was selected and feedback re: colours had been given we could look into the different colour options available. Initially you'd think there were loads of options but consideration does have to be given to colour of GK kit (there are limited choices from Puma for this), referees kits, home kit colours etc.

We then give instruction as to trim colours, sponsor logo/size etc, collar style, stripe design, badge size, final pantone colour shadesetc etc and receive final PDF proofs. Once these have been signed off we receive actual samples to feedback on before a final 'gold seal' sample ahead of production.

The styles shown on the vote are basic mock ups to show the design and an indication of colour. Final pantone colour choices are yet to be made and the actual shade of the chosen design may differ a fair bit from the colours shown.

I appreciate all the feedback in this thread and I don't think that Puma have given a great deal of choice with some of the templates this season - you'll see similar shirt designs up and down the country next season from other Puma clubs. As James as said, we are more than happy to have a fan representative attend the meeting next year to see what the process is like first hand.

Chris

I understand all that, but why Pink?

In a city where both sets of supporters call each other pigs, someone really ought to have seen this coming.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I did some on paint too, also a bit rough around the edges.

010304926629600.jpg

Yellow one here is what I tried to discribe earlier, using their criteria it's bright enough and fits the crap template

<---------------- purple and grey is still the best :biggrin: