VOTE FOR THE NEW AWAY KIT DESIGN

I think people are just curious as to how the process works. Do PUMA come to you with 10 designes and say pick 3. Or is it more you go to them and say we want X, Y & Z and they come back with 3 designes? We understand things like not having kit clashes with home/3rd kit/keeper.

Can you answer my question about the line quality in that there is often more than one line on offer and it is down to the club to chose.

Puma come to us with their 'Kit DNA' for next year. These are the basic template designs that they present to all their clubs. Details can then be discussed such as collars, stripe styles, widths, colours etc. Puma have a number of kit templates and we choose from them.

One of the templates has been chosen for the home kit and a different style (as shown in the images) has been chosen for the 2nd style. There are very few basic templates to choose from and we believe that the template chosen for the away kit was the best available - I don't have the other options on a PDF to share either, before anyone asks.

This has been combined with feedback internally, particularly from the football management who have requested a solid bright coloured shirt, rather than a dark one.

So, after the template was selected and feedback re: colours had been given we could look into the different colour options available. Initially you'd think there were loads of options but consideration does have to be given to colour of GK kit (there are limited choices from Puma for this), referees kits, home kit colours etc.

We then give instruction as to trim colours, sponsor logo/size etc, collar style, stripe design, badge size, final pantone colour shadesetc etc and receive final PDF proofs. Once these have been signed off we receive actual samples to feedback on before a final 'gold seal' sample ahead of production.

The styles shown on the vote are basic mock ups to show the design and an indication of colour. Final pantone colour choices are yet to be made and the actual shade of the chosen design may differ a fair bit from the colours shown.

I appreciate all the feedback in this thread and I don't think that Puma have given a great deal of choice with some of the templates this season - you'll see similar shirt designs up and down the country next season from other Puma clubs. As James as said, we are more than happy to have a fan representative attend the meeting next year to see what the process is like first hand.

Chris

It's not like that at all.

I have expalined the process earlier. It's actually a very difficult process and there's limitations that you wouldn't grasp until you actually knew (which I tried to describe some of) - I certainly didn't ever think it was like that until I joined the club.

In fact, next season I'm going to try and get a fan in on the initial meeting so they can see just what it's like and tell you all. I can't say fairer than that, really.

I'm not going to respond to any more of the threads about it now simply because what I say either gets ignored or twisted. I'm trying to communicate where I can and let people know the facts but can only do so much I guess, especially if it gets ignored or spun. Remember - I'm one of you at the end of the day!

I know that you work for the club and have to defend them, but seriously, take the blue and white tinted spectacles off and look at this as a fan.

As a supporter do you like the choice of kits? Even if the pink one is a serious suggestion, could you see yourself walking through the streets at an away game wearing that? There are 91 other teams in the league that would wee wee themselves laughing at that shirt.

IMO all three kits are all horrific. The majority or people on here are saying they don't want them (especially the pink one) and the rest are saying they wouldn't buy them. What an absolute shambles from the club once again.

As an employee of the club, I think that you need to get off your high horse, listen to the feedback and not flounce off when you don't like what you are being told by your own customers.

As per title thread. There I've said it. I have proudly voted for pink.

Granted, the piccy on the website doesn't look all that, but with a black trim it could and IMO would look awesome.

I think the Everton away kit is sound. I think the Cardiff Blues pink away kit is a great design too - and if I remeber rightly was designed and chosen as part of breast cancer awareness campaign or something like that (opportunity for Wednesday here perhaps, given that the shirt partnership with the SCH ends this season.)

Guest Woz1867

Puma come to us with their 'Kit DNA' for next year. These are the basic template designs that they present to all their clubs. Details can then be discussed such as collars, stripe styles, widths, colours etc. Puma have a number of kit templates and we choose from them.

One of the templates has been chosen for the home kit and a different style (as shown in the images) has been chosen for the 2nd style. There are very few basic templates to choose from and we believe that the template chosen for the away kit was the best available - I don't have the other options on a PDF to share either, before anyone asks.

This has been combined with feedback internally, particularly from the football management who have requested a solid bright coloured shirt, rather than a dark one.

So, after the template was selected and feedback re: colours had been given we could look into the different colour options available. Initially you'd think there were loads of options but consideration does have to be given to colour of GK kit (there are limited choices from Puma for this), referees kits, home kit colours etc.

We then give instruction as to trim colours, sponsor logo/size etc, collar style, stripe design, badge size, final pantone colour shadesetc etc and receive final PDF proofs. Once these have been signed off we receive actual samples to feedback on before a final 'gold seal' sample ahead of production.

The styles shown on the vote are basic mock ups to show the design and an indication of colour. Final pantone colour choices are yet to be made and the actual shade of the chosen design may differ a fair bit from the colours shown.

I appreciate all the feedback in this thread and I don't think that Puma have given a great deal of choice with some of the templates this season - you'll see similar shirt designs up and down the country next season from other Puma clubs. As James as said, we are more than happy to have a fan representative attend the meeting next year to see what the process is like first hand.

Chris

Chris

I appreciate the feedback but with regards to the limited choices from Puma......

....Tell them its not good enough, after all we are the ones that will buying (or not in this case) their goods.

UTO!

Chris

Chris

Thanks for the feedback, but the real problem is they are poo ...! All of them...!

With the greatest of respect, there seems to be a majority opinion of the few responding on this forum that thinks the same.

Without wishing to be rude, I don't really care what Puma do/think.

Without wishing to be rude, I don't really care about the circumstances leading to there being three poo kits on offer... not interested....!

They are poo and need a massive re-think right away, or the club can bury their heads in the sand and await the poo sales to match the poo shirts.

Clubs choice, the customers have spoken.

Again thanks for coming and putting your points over and please don't do a flounce.

Regards

Mick

Chris

Thanks for taking the time to comment Chris.

As you say the colours are not a done deal, would it be possible to list the viable alternatives for us to take a vote on those?

Cheers.

Chris

Thanks for taking the time to post that Chris. Is there any way of going back to PUMA and saying unfortunately none of these will sell so you have to do a bit better. Or is it literally that is your choice and you are stuck with it. It would seem an awful shame to waste such an opportunity to make some money, for both the club and PUMA. I find it odd that, although quite generic, the PUMA kits are normally a bit more distinctive than Nike and Adidas et al. Just look at the kits for all the African teams. You get an asymetric design and quirky little bits all over the kit. These just seem like they have been pulled together at the last minute and it is essentially a plain shirt with 2 lines on it, hardly a design at all is it! As for the colours, well I think we have covered that!

Just not bothered...