Investment

totally irrelevant of their quality.

You said they were a good team in poor form........... yet lambasted their previous managers credentials

You said he has done what other managers could have done............ yet the 3 before...... all failed

This is like arguing with a plastic bag.

Steve Cotterill is an awful manager at our level. Please point out to me where his record contradicts what i am saying?

And i don't know if you pay attention to what goes on in the footballing world, but Steve Cotterill has inherited a situation differing hugely from what his predecessors had to contend with.

Good night Glaser. Enjoy moaning about everything SWFC. :rolleyes:

Good night Glaser. Enjoy moaning about everything SWFC. :rolleyes:

far from it mate

Quite upbeat until the last couple of weeks..... ask many on here. Defended Alan to the hilt as well until recently

Shame you've had to flounce on us..... was enjoyed a nice footballing debate..... n'mind

So other than Glaser saying he'd be a bit more circumspect with his comments all anyone else can offer is monday morning quarterbacking? Easiest job in the world that one. Plenty were saying give Laws time. Plenty said get rid. 50 50 call, some would be right some would be wrong. Lee is the guy who's put his neck on the block though. Investment aint happening. If he'd said that from the outset then there'd have been uproar and fans would have switched off. I believe that he honestly thought he could attract some cash and he misjudged the situation.

Piece of wee wee with hindsight and when your decisions dont have any effect on the club you love.

Wonder who else was in the frame at the same time as Irvine?

Anyone ITK?

Did we knock anyone back apart from Terry Curran? ph34r.gif

my old teacher from Aston Comp applied again I am told !!

Heard he made the shortlist as well

Good points, especially need to get rid of the old stagers. Allen wants his money come May 10 isn't it and he's not going to back down so we won't get any breaks there.

However, if we go down we leave ourselves open to being a cheap deal for the yanks )although they'd still have to pay Allen back). We should put them off until our value rises when we get promoted.

By avoiding relegation at least we preserve our value and potential to reach the Prem, albeit by still being in the division below it.

Has anyone considered that this proposed deal can easily be hijacked?

The structure for a deal is in place and has been agreed with the bank. If what I am hearing is correct, we are only talking about investors investing a very modest sum of money to become part of this investment structure.

For the money we are talking about, I am sure we may become an attractive proposition for other potential investors should the Americans continue to dither. Low outlay, potential high profits, medium risk.

If the Americans don't get this deal completed soon, I really believe they will only have themselves to blame should the deal be hijacked.

I get the impression that patience is wearing thin

Edited by theowlsman

The structure for a deal is in place and has been agreed with the bank. If what I am hearing is correct, we are only talking about investors investing a very modest sum of money to become part of this investment structure.

For the money we are talking about, I am sure we may become an attractive proposition for other potential investors should the Americans continue to dither. Low outlay, potential high profits, medium risk.

If the Americans don't get this deal completed soon, I really believe they will only have themselves to blame should the deal be hijacked.

100 % agree with that.

You should write for the star.

Spot on

It's all there, hard works done.

Just need the cash.

Meanwhile though....*flashes MIB blue light

Forget about investment for a minute

From what I've picked up Crystal Palace have got a buyer and a notice of sale has been completed.

I'm not going into all the wednesday stuff but if we do go down and they do stay up yet another club who have benefitted massivley from the poo poo or bust route, and will now be looking to push towards the prem.

why does everything with wednesday always turn to poo poo.... we'll still be talking about investment in 2018 when the world cup is on and we are playing Morecambe in the lower leagues

Guest Anglofile

Spot on

It's all there, hard works done.

Just need the cash.

Meanwhile though....*flashes MIB blue light

Forget about investment for a minute

Correct that deal could be hijacked but many folks don't want a League 1 club. JMO Palace is in same position except worst as they don't own grounds. Cardiff is flying the "Chinaman" in this weekend for the match to squeeze more investment dollars because of the HMRC situation. Watford will probably needs Elton John concerts from the end of May through August as they have been in a tight cash squeeze. McNally (Norwich) thought he had Fernandes (F-1) in the bag but he backed out as he saw the losses. They're debt level is much the same as the Owls except they're losing 5 million a year. I could go on and on. Also the latest parachute payment scheme is going to practically destroy the CCC probably bring in the spectre of Premiership - Divisions I and II. Folks are concerned. This also impacts League 1 and 2 as this will probably cause many clubs to fold and FA will be downsized unless there is government intervention to save the sport at the grass roots level.

Oh, BTW, if they go Premiership I and II, look for Ranger and Celtic in 2013 to potentially join the fray.

This is the perfect poo poo storm unfortunately.

Joe

Correct that deal could be hijacked but many folks don't want a League 1 club. JMO Palace is in same position except worst as they don't own grounds. Cardiff is flying the "Chinaman" in this weekend for the match to squeeze more investment dollars because of the HMRC situation. Watford will probably needs Elton John concerts from the end of May through August as they have been in a tight cash squeeze. McNally (Norwich) thought he had Fernandes (F-1) in the bag but he backed out as he saw the losses. They're debt level is much the same as the Owls except they're losing 5 million a year. I could go on and on. Also the latest parachute payment scheme is going to practically destroy the CCC probably bring in the spectre of Premiership - Divisions I and II. Folks are concerned. This also impacts League 1 and 2 as this will probably cause many clubs to fold and FA will be downsized unless there is government intervention to save the sport at the grass roots level.

Oh, BTW, if they go Premiership I and II, look for Ranger and Celtic in 2013 to potentially join the fray.

This is the perfect poo poo storm unfortunately.

Joe

Best postpone any investment decisions till after June then, eh?

The investment process we have is supposed to be aimed long-term. What would have happened if Club 9 Sports had invested in us already and we then went on to get relegated? Would they sell at a loss in League 1 and then walk way? My guess is no they wouldn't.

I think they are wanting to gain control of the club on the cheap, if we do get relegated. It's about time they put there money were there public statements are, or walk away. Letting this situation drag on isn't getting anyone anywhere. All it is doing is winding a section of the fan base up.

If this does drag on much longer, it will drag the relationship between the board and the fans into an us and them theme again. It's getting as bad as the board trying to sell the training ground, and getting planning permission on a Greenfield site.

Edited by p.c guru

What's the latest with the investment? Haven't heard anything for a while...

the investment is nailed on for the last tuesday in december 2024...if it dosen't go through on that date please feel free to bring the subject up again...if in the meantime you still believe in the investment...then the tooth fairy has been kidnapped and held hostage, we are busy raising the ransom money, but we need help, if you are able to donate let us know how much...