Investment

My opinion on the situation regarding investment is this.

Something, somewhere within this club is happening that makes us totally uninvestable. I don't know what it is, but as far as I am concerned we've been searching for investment since 2003ish having many admiring glances and endless talks with the Chairman and Co-Op Bank, but whenever these have happened interest has seemingly died down.

As far as I am concerned Wednesday are a great financial proposition, what would you be looking at to get in full control £20-£30m? A massive fanbase to be tapped into, plenty of scope to take us up the football pyramid and could make us the Premier Club in Sheffield within a couple of years. No matter how much the Arabs throw at Man City it's going to take one hell of an amount of money and maybe even a full generation to make them just the best infastructural club in Manchester, never mind England, Europe and the World. What did those Arabs pay for Man City, £250 million? Spend £120 million on players, so going up towards £400 million just to make them a top 4 club. They could have picked Wednesday up for £30 million max, £10 million on players, and we could be an established Premier League club in 2-3 years max, spending £40 million. But no-one seems to be interested....

On that basis, I believe we're a better financial bet than Manchester City, certainly better than Notts County. Better than QPR, just because of their lower levels of support and the fact that they will never become the best team even in South London.

The lack of investment baffles me.

Maybe if you took the blue and white blinkers off it'd become crystal clear why we aren't being invested in

That has to be the most biased description i have ever read

And QPR will never be the best team in South London you're right - they'd have to move there for a start...

Guest boggle

When you buy a business you pay what it worth. This hasn't been the case with football clubs in the past but it is now. Add to this the fact that you have to invest cash as you cannot borrow it anymore realism has to set in.

The club is a loss making business whose liabilities far exceed its assets.

I'm an Ipswich supporter and fortunately we found a very wealthy owner. But he only came because Norwich Union (your equivalent is the Coop) wrote off most of its debt secured on the new stand , all the other people who had loaned money wrote it off and he got the shares for nothing.

We also got Roy Keane but thats another story.

The Coop are prepared to dela but unless the other two happen there will be no investment.

Something, somewhere within this club is happening that makes us totally uninvestable. I don't know what it is, but as far as I am concerned we've been searching for investment since 2003ish having many admiring glances and endless talks with the Chairman and Co-Op Bank, but whenever these have happened interest has seemingly died down.

As far as I am concerned Wednesday are a great financial proposition, what would you be looking at to get in full control £20-£30m? A massive fanbase to be tapped into, plenty of scope to take us up the football pyramid and could make us the Premier Club in Sheffield within a couple of years. No matter how much the Arabs throw at Man City it's going to take one hell of an amount of money and maybe even a full generation to make them just the best infastructural club in Manchester, never mind England, Europe and the World. What did those Arabs pay for Man City, £250 million? Spend £120 million on players, so going up towards £400 million just to make them a top 4 club. They could have picked Wednesday up for £30 million max, £10 million on players, and we could be an established Premier League club in 2-3 years max, spending £40 million. But no-one seems to be interested....

On that basis, I believe we're a better financial bet than Manchester City, certainly better than Notts County. Better than QPR, just because of their lower levels of support and the fact that they will never become the best team even in South London.

Share structure and willingness to part with said shares?

Groundhog Day

Unless either investment or massive reduction in overall indebtedness (or both) is secured there will be no betterment of our position (lower to mid table CCC (for a couple more weeks at least) in the short to medium term.

More money = (generally) better players = better performances = better league position = increased match attendances therefore increased income = more money etc etc etc.

UTO & WTID

It is baffling, though the C9S investors are probably waiting to see which division we are in next season. That clearly affects the value of the club and maybe the value of the debt (and size of write-off).

If this deal fails, then a new way forward is needed.

Having said that, at the moment I'm more concerned about the next two weeks than the investment process.

TBH i can't see why anybody would think it "baffling" that we have attracted no investment

I'd think anybody that did invest would either be a really wealthy Wednesday fan - and/or a rumbleing mentalist who is so deranged they have to eat liquid food through a straw.

TBH i can't see why anybody would think it "baffling" that we have attracted no investment

I'd think anybody that did invest would either be a really wealthy Wednesday fan - and/or a rumbleing mentalist who is so deranged they have to eat liquid food through a straw.

if those are our only two options ill take the latter.

I've had it from some ITK (or people who should be) that there remains one or two very old blockages to any deal in SWFC taking place.

But we knew this from past events...so why we publicised any deal (even letting them release statements via our official website) is anyones guess....

I've had it from some ITK (or people who should be) that there remains one or two very old blockages to any deal in SWFC taking place.

But we knew this from past events...so why we publicised any deal (even letting them release statements via our official website) is anyones guess....

The main blockage being that they 'apparently' don't have enough money. :ph34r:

I think that it is possible for us to get investment (we do have SOME things going for us)

I do agree though that if you're trying to make a profit, there are plenty of other more sutible clubs, and if you're trying to enhance your ego and become a hero (ala Mike Ashley) then Wednesday are probably the worst possible club you could pick for that- look at the abuse LS gets as to how patient Wednesday fans are.

Until we either get lucky on a few players (like we did a few years ago with Whelan, Brunt, Bougherra, Maclean- all for a few hundred grand) or a Wednesday fan wins the Euro Millions, we will be stuck in the Championship for years and years to come.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

The only real change necessary is for current boardroom members with large share interests, to accept responsibility for the current debt, offer the shares to the club at a peppercorn level and allow new board members with a passion, imagination and skills to come in and start making real changes to go alongside those started by the current Chair and CEO.

That seems to me to be working in the best interests of the club.

Massive new investment doesn't interest me. A new sustainable development plan with a fresh board does.

Spot the stumbling block..blockage...

The only real change necessary is for current boardroom members with large share interests, to accept responsibility for the current debt, offer the shares to the club at a peppercorn level and allow new board members with a passion, imagination and skills to come in and start making real changes to go alongside those started by the current Chair and CEO.

Massive new investment doesn't interest me. A new sustainable development plan with a fresh board does.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

Some people don't like responsibility or change though do they? Allegedly.

All I want to know from Lee, is how have Club9 got so far down the line in terms of completing a deal, yet haven't once given proof of funding, or shown that funding is in place with all those who have apparently "subscribed" to the investment vehicle?

How can we now not be able to complete a deal as they don't have funding ? Why was this not discovered before ?

Surely they are just getting a "free ride" off of the club like many other "chancers" from the past ?

does this mean I can start concocting again ................... :cool::biggrin:

All I want to know from Lee, is how have Club9 got so far down the line in terms of completing a deal, yet haven't once given proof of funding, or shown that funding is in place with all those who have apparently "subscribed" to the investment vehicle?

How can we now not be able to complete a deal as they don't have funding ? Why was this not discovered before ?

Surely they are just getting a "free ride" off of the club like many other "chancers" from the past ?

They probably embraced that "modern football culture" thing.