Investment

Disagree here Scram.

If you "invest" in something - particularly something you have control/responsbility over you relinquish you right to 100% (plus interest) return when you damage it or don't look after it properly.

And that goes for all major shareholders.

Don't really wanna get bogged down in semantics - but he didn't technically invest - he lent us money

The investment part - ie his shares - well that can flap in the breeze - but his loans are different

Guest Deleted member

How come you only turn up in these types of threads?

:rolleyes:

Do you mean the threads where the future of the club is at stake?

The ones where we discuss the single biggest imperative, ie our debt and the financial ramifications thereof?

Don't know, really.

I might start a new one on pies, or communicating with the fans, or rearranging some deckchairs or something.

It would have been funnier if you'd put 'My spidey sense was tingling' or summat...

Guest totemowl

I would have washed my hands every time I handled a bank note to make sure I could definitely not smell any money

But you didn't did you.

Do you mean the threads where the future of the club is at stake?

The ones where we discuss the single biggest imperative, ie our debt and the financial ramifications thereof?

Don't know, really.

I might start a new one on pies, or communicating with the fans, or rearranging some deckchairs or something.

How about football?

I do hope he gets his expenses back eventually. The mental picture I have of him parading around in sawn-off Chinos, dirty old Adidas Samba trainers, and a string vest, holding his last ten dollar bill tightly because he spent his last few cents on beating me in the Owlstalk donation stakes, leaves me feeling sorry for him.

I even lent him his donation money. rolleyes.gif

Feck. I lent him his donation money too. :st2:

Can't believe people are Slagging off and taking the wee wee out of Lee. When you've all finished your little funnys just put a post together about how you'd have done it differently will you? Long term success needs a decent base to build from. He's building that base. He probably thought that the team would put another season like last together, especially with no real outs and a few brought in. Not many foresaw this abortion of a season last august did they? I certainly didn't. My worry over the desired average attendance was that we'd fall short cos of mid table mediocrity and apathy, not cos we'd turned poo poo.

He's not done everything right, he'll admit that I'm sure, but he's done a fair amount. Tell us all what you'd do differently and what you'd expect to have achieved.

First person to put 'i'd of secured some Investment like' gets banned via Sam779.

No I think our chairman has done a fantastic job in first failing to sack the manager / letting the interim have too long and replacing him with a seemingly like for like cretin. Also he was brought into stabilise the club...relegation anyone. Also investment was near last August , it must be on the cusp now. Yes he posts on here and has webcam chats at organised events and we will be the first L1 team to host a WC game but tangible progress on and off the field has still to be seen and I don't mean computer generated fanciful ground developments

Long term success does not mean missing every ticket target set / failing to obtain investment and seeing your product relegated.

Paint it which ever way but its an epic rumbleing failiure.

No I think our chairman has done a fantastic job in first failing to sack the manager / letting the interim have too long and replacing him with a seemingly like for like cretin. Also he was brought into stabilise the club...relegation anyone. Also investment was near last August , it must be on the cusp now. Yes he posts on here and has webcam chats at organised events and we will be the first L1 team to host a WC game but tangible progress on and off the field has still to be seen and I don't mean computer generated fanciful ground developments

Long term success does not mean missing every ticket target set / failing to obtain investment and seeing your product relegated.

I don't think you should sugar coat how you feel

I just want to say that I can't agree with that. I have arguments with the players and management, but not the Chairman (other than his inappropriate posting at times). And, at the time, I thought AI was a good appointment.

Very harsh and unmerited IMO. Best man for the job, and only man for the job at the moment, as far as I am aware.

Only commenting as an ommission may be taken as agreement with you.

I just want to say that I can't agree with that. I have arguments with the players and management, but not the Chairman (other than his inappropriate posting at times). And, at the time, I thought AI was a good appointment.

Very harsh and unmerited IMO. Best man for the job, and only man for the job at the moment, as far as I am aware.

Only commenting as an ommission may be taken as agreement with you.

The single most important thing a chairman does is hire and fire

Get that wrong then everything is in the balance

Always thought the managerial appointment was ill-thought out and hasty - bad appointment imo

When a chairman gets that wrong (if it turns out to be wrong) then that's just about the biggest ricket they can make

Always thought the managerial appointment was ill-thought out and hasty - bad appointment imo

When a chairman gets that wrong (if it turns out to be wrong) then that's just about the biggest ricket they can make

I think you know my sentiments on AI now. But I can't be hypocritical and say hand on heart, that I knew, he would be a bad appointment. I can't take credit for that. I can only say it with hindsight.

On that same basis, with the limited cards he had to play, I can't criticise the appointment of AI Re: the Chairman, either.

That would make me a bigger hypocrite.

Have to agree with you. Irvine or Laws? They almost seem to blur into one now. Still, hindsight is a wonderful thing, and a Chairmans responsibility is something I wouldn't personally want.

AI was a gamble that has so far backfired in my opinion.

He will be given time to prove us wrong, as we don't really have other options.

Interestingly, the week of AI getting the job, I do remember Lee coming on here and justifying the appointment to quite a few upset supporters, so the unhappiness shouldn't come as too much of a shock.

Edited by Mr Farrell

AI was a gamble that has so far backfired in my opinion.

He will be given time to prove us wrong, as we don't really have other options.

I don't disagree. But to take the 'moral high' ground, viz a viz LS's judgement, you have to be able to say that you always had that sentiment.

I didn't, others did. I do now.

If I was Lee I wouldn't be hanging around trying to please the biggest set of moaning tw@ts in football - that is a fact.

I'd be thinking 'I've tried my best, it appears it's not enough for them. flip it and ta -ta'

Edited by BIG D

Guest Housey

Irvine should be sacked now and someone new brought in for the last two games, Ron Atkinson could come in and send the team out to play football the way in which it should be. Anyone who builds his team up for a sheffield derby along the lines of "it's just another game" is a complete fuking idiot in my opinion. Irvine has improved nothing and has taken us back 5 years, you have to ask why he got the job in the first place.

Edited by Housey

Guest Housey

If I was Lee I wouldn't be hanging around trying to please the biggest set of moaning tw@ts in football - that is a fact.

I'd be thinking 'I've tried my best, it appears it's not enough for them. flip it and ta -ta'

Not lee's fault but without a serious injection of cash we are going nowhere.