Investment

the investment is nailed on for the last tuesday in december 2024...if it dosen't go through on that date please feel free to bring the subject up again...if in the meantime you still believe in the investment...then the tooth fairy has been kidnapped and held hostage, we are busy raising the ransom money, but we need help, if you are able to donate let us know how much...

to all of you who speak with such assurance - some might arrogance - that the investment talk is rubbish and it's all definitely off or never existed - are you saying that LS is a liar? Because as a loyal fan who follows club news very closely i can see absolutely no evidence to support this suggestion.

to the contrary, LS has been nothing but straight and honest and in my opinion and the opinion of all normal wednesdayites that i know he has done a great job correcting and trying to correct the shambolic mess he inherited.

i personally wonder why he continues at times but i am grateful that he does

LS says he will tells us if and when the deal is off or on. Let's just wait for that, eh?

I personally - in my humble, decidedly not ITK opinion - think that it's pretty obvious C9S is currently waiting to see what division we are in next season.

Guest Anglofile

to all of you who speak with such assurance - some might arrogance - that the investment talk is rubbish and it's all definitely off or never existed - are you saying that LS is a liar? Because as a loyal fan who follows club news very closely i can see absolutely no evidence to support this suggestion.

to the contrary, LS has been nothing but straight and honest and in my opinion and the opinion of all normal wednesdayites that i know he has done a great job correcting and trying to correct the shambolic mess he inherited.

LS says he will tells us if and when the deal is off or on. Let's just wait for that, eh?

I personally - in my humble, decidedly not ITK opinion - think that it's pretty obvious C9S is currently waiting to see what division we are in next season.

Respect your opinion but none of us are ITK meaning:

1. Is C9S still involved?

2. Are there other parties involved and potentially acquisitive?

3. On what basis are investors willing to part with cash?

I would make the clear statement that none of us know......especially me. Lee in the end will let us all know.

[quote name='dfoster' date='20 April 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1271765132' post='2416230'

Fail I'm afraid. They are currently looking down the back of the settee.

I don't think LS is a liar - I just think it looks like he's got into bed with the wrong 'investors'.

I'm sure he's as diappointed as everyone else that Cloud9 look like being Sheard with a US passport (and website ph34r.gif )

I don't think LS is a liar - I just think it looks like he's got into bed with the wrong 'investors'.

I'm sure he's as diappointed as everyone else that Cloud9 look like being Sheard with a US passport (and website ph34r.gif )

My thoughts exactly. It's a shame really because I don't suppose you ever really find out until the damage has been done.

Whatever the situation it's going to be very diificult for him to come out and own up. He'll feel like an old dear that's spent the life savings having a roof tile replaced.

My thoughts exactly. It's a shame really because I don't suppose you ever really find out until the damage has been done.

Whatever the situation it's going to be very diificult for him to come out and own up. He'll feel like an old dear that's spent the life savings having a roof tile replaced.

If he's going to come out and admit it's fallen through he should come out 'warts and all' and explain why the club is in such a state.

There've been noises already about what really went on behind the scenes over the last few years, and how close the club was to absolute diasaster - Perhaps now is the time to put all the cards on the table if it's going to be entirely down to the fanbase to turn things round.

If he's going to come out and admit it's fallen through he should come out 'warts and all' and explain why the club is in such a state.

There've been noises already about what really went on behind the scenes over the last few years, and how close the club was to absolute diasaster - Perhaps now is the time to put all the cards on the table if it's going to be entirely down to the fanbase to turn things round.

i suspect that LS has already said as much as he can about our previous stewards without getting into dangerous legal territory.

Furious George - C9S said they would be interested in Wednesday regardless of what division we are in. They did not say that it would have no bearing on the price. I wonder if you missed this distinction or if you are being deliberately selective with what you quote?

Another thought - perhaps those who would be (in effect) selling to potential buyers are also waiting to see what league we are in? Just a thought ...

I think LS has been quite right, in not 'washing our dirty linen in public'. Our position is not parlous - 26 million is nothing compared to other clubs of a similar ilk. But we have allowed ourselves to be beaten over the head with it for years.

Hence our self imposed, financial pessimism. We have to stop that cycle, not continue it, investment or not.

LS got that point absolutely correct IMO.

I think LS has been quite right, in not 'washing our dirty linen in public'. Our position is not parlous - 26 million is nothing compared to other clubs of a similar ilk. But we have allowed ourselves to be beaten over the head with it for years.

Hence our self imposed, financial pessimism. We have to stop that cycle, not continue it, investment or not.

LS got that point absolutely correct IMO.

For a League One club without a millionaire backer and a season ticket sales decrease of around 25% I'm not sure that would be the case.

I happen to be ITK down at Hillsborough.

anyways apparently the more pages this thread gets the sooner we get invested in!

Furious George - C9S said they would be interested in Wednesday regardless of what division we are in. They did not say that it would have no bearing on the price. I wonder if you missed this distinction or if you are being deliberately selective with what you quote?

Another thought - perhaps those who would be (in effect) selling to potential buyers are also waiting to see what league we are in? Just a thought ...

Since they are not buying any shares how does this affect the price / the amount they are willing to invest?

If anything I would have thought it would cost more to get us promoted from League 1 to the Premiership. Just a thought.

Can't believe people are Slagging off and taking the wee wee out of Lee. When you've all finished your little funnys just put a post together about how you'd have done it differently will you? Long term success needs a decent base to build from. He's building that base. He probably thought that the team would put another season like last together, especially with no real outs and a few brought in. Not many foresaw this abortion of a season last august did they? I certainly didn't. My worry over the desired average attendance was that we'd fall short cos of mid table mediocrity and apathy, not cos we'd turned poo poo.

He's not done everything right, he'll admit that I'm sure, but he's done a fair amount. Tell us all what you'd do differently and what you'd expect to have achieved.

First person to put 'i'd of secured some Investment like' gets banned via Sam779.

Tonto and GreyHairedOwl predicted it ph34r.gif

The problem is it's "the warts and all" that are employing LS so to speak and allowing him to take the flack for what is not his making.

Re Investment. I have it from several respected and independent sources that something very big is going to happen on the 21st December 2012.

The problem is it's "the warts and all" that are employing LS so to speak and allowing him to take the flack for what is not his making.

Re Investment. I have it from several respected and independent sources that something very big is going to happen on the 21st December 2012.

Are we moving into the Olympic stadium?

Firstly dfoster good post, to answer your first point: there are those of us not itkers who hope it's off or assume its all gone pear shaped. Why does this allege LS is lying I haven't seen any comment from him along the lines of I can smell it 2-3 weeks etc for weeks since the forum where I asked him 'The investment' question he said then it was out of his hands then.

Your later hypothesis that they are waiting for confirmation of which division we'll be in -is plausible if you assume they have indeed reached the same agreement with the loan note holders as the bank; and you assume they actually have the cash and not in fact a colllection of middlemen introduced by joe via ICS via LS who in all probability are hawking the club around as some sort of fire sale reject of a club. Far from that valuation, I ( admittedly looking through blue glasses) see us as one of the best acquisitions that can be made if you want to get into football; as LS says we actually are cash generative how many clubs up for sale can say that?

Therefore I do not want the club to be sold off cheap and even though we will struggle if it's possible I'd prefer we tough it out on our own - This latest group of suitors has stood back hands in pockets whilst we flailed around desperate for just a little cash for a loan players wages for that reason alone they can take a flying one whatever div we end up in

Lee Strafford took ample oppurtunity to chastise previous investment attempts and took pride in his ability to 'sort the wheat from the chaff'.

So far we have had conflicting criteria, a non-existant investment firm and some hot dog eating Yankee posting photos of his offices and bragging about his golf course.

That doesn't fill me with coinfidence if he has so amazingly fallen victim to such a lack of judgement.