Investment

Nope, I'm still a believer. Joe has done his bit, Lee has done his bit, now it's down to us the fans.

I just hope we don't let them down.

We have proved over the last 10 years that we have a good support.

If this fails because we haven't sold enough season tickets after the bag of poo poo we've been served up I can't beleive they we're ever serious in the first place.

It will fail because Allen won't take a cut. Same reason as always. And nobody wants to pay off our full debt.

Dudes chill, investment will come but in the meantime we must all invest in the product. Haven't we done enough dudes to earn your trust and belief that we are on the right track. Dudes it will happen but in the meantime can you buy next years L1 tickets at Championship prices and remember it used to be really bad before I turned up!!

Cheers

The dude

Success on the pitch is irrelevant. You buy tickets because we are all Wednesday. Other clubs have realised that, we haven't.

In fact, the more games we lose, the more tickets we should buy.

It's a very difficult process, but at least the uncertainty over what division we will end up in will be over soon.

If it wasn't for good old Joe, we'd not have heard any news for ages.

I do hope he gets his expenses back eventually. The mental picture I have of him parading around in sawn-off Chinos, dirty old Adidas Samba trainers, and a string vest, holding his last ten dollar bill tightly because he spent his last few cents on beating me in the Owlstalk donation stakes, leaves me feeling sorry for him.

I even lent him his donation money. rolleyes.gif

If this fails because we haven't sold enough season tickets after the bag of poo poo we've been served up I can't beleive they we're ever serious in the first place.

It will fail because Allen won't take a cut. Same reason as always. And nobody wants to pay off our full debt.

Sorry mate, we really have to get away from blaming the people responsible, and take ownership ourselves.

If we don't buy into the vision, then I have no sympathy for us.

Agree MR F , we should actually plummet to L2 and then we will get 40k in our new world cup stadia as we will have proven without doubt that we are all wednesday and have proved our worth

What amazes me is that LS strategy is that of the 1980 pyramid scheme........they were rumbleing useless as well

Agree MR F , we should actually plummet to L2 and then we will get 40k in our new world cup stadia as we will have proven without doubt that we are all wednesday and have proved our worth

What amazes me is that LS strategy is that of the 1980 pyramid scheme........they were rumbleing useless as well

I think you have me wrong.

I'm fully bought in to the vision.

BINGO!!!!!

That's why we aren't in any way attractive in an industry that is increasingly being seen as a very volatile place to "invest" money

Nobody wants to pay £20m to buy a £30m debt

How come you only turn up in these types of threads?

:rolleyes:

Do you mean the threads where the future of the club is at stake?

The ones where we discuss the single biggest imperative, ie our debt and the financial ramifications thereof?

Don't know, really.

I might start a new one on pies, or communicating with the fans, or rearranging some deckchairs or something.

Do you mean the threads where the future of the club is at stake?

The ones where we discuss the single biggest imperative, ie our debt and the financial ramifications thereof?

Don't know, really.

I might start a new one on pies, or communicating with the fans, or rearranging some deckchairs or something.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Some just don't see the significance.

Seems a nice lad though does our JonR to be fair

Guest totemowl

does Allen have a say? Wasn't his ability to control our destiny taken away when he was allowed to take over at Chesterfield?

Can't believe people are Slagging off and taking the wee wee out of Lee. When you've all finished your little funnys just put a post together about how you'd have done it differently will you? Long term success needs a decent base to build from. He's building that base. He probably thought that the team would put another season like last together, especially with no real outs and a few brought in. Not many foresaw this abortion of a season last august did they? I certainly didn't. My worry over the desired average attendance was that we'd fall short cos of mid table mediocrity and apathy, not cos we'd turned poo poo.

He's not done everything right, he'll admit that I'm sure, but he's done a fair amount. Tell us all what you'd do differently and what you'd expect to have achieved.

First person to put 'i'd of secured some Investment like' gets banned via Sam779.

does Allen have a say? Wasn't his ability to control our destiny taken away when he was allowed to take over at Chesterfield?

He hasn't got the right to be part of controlling our future

He has a right to be repaid in full though - and it seems that is the sticking point - he won't take a reduction

Can't blame him for that

He has a right to be repaid in full though - and it seems that is the sticking point - he won't take a reduction

Can't blame him for that

But he was quoted as saying ' Sheffield has been good to me - I want to give them something back'

Good time to start eh?

Can't believe people are Slagging off and taking the wee wee out of Lee. When you've all finished your little funnys just put a post together about how you'd have done it differently will you?

Spot on

The dimwits make me puke.

Can't blame him for that

Disagree here Scram.

If you "invest" in something - particularly something you have control/responsbility over you relinquish you right to 100% (plus interest) return when you damage it or don't look after it properly.

And that goes for all major shareholders.

When you've all finished your little funnys just put a post together about how you'd have done it differently will you?

I would have washed my hands every time I handled a bank note to make sure I could definitely not smell any money

wrong answer.

Why is it ?

Cloud Cuckoo 9 Sports have to agree a suitable deal with him as well.

Just because the bank are open to an under-writing of debt, doesn't mean he has to be.

He can surely drag his heels to get the best possible deal in return of his shares ?