How much do you value the rivalry?

So this year we play United (at long last...) but how much do our fans value the rivalry anymore?

Would you accept - hypothetically - them doing the double over us but we finish top 6? 

Or do we have to beat them this year? As a matter of pride?

Personally im not that fussed. It'd be good to beat them but theyre just another team for us to get 6 points against to make sure we go up now. 

The thing that really matters is the final league position. The points available are worth the same as in games against all the other clubs.

Still want to beat them though.

Luckily I rarely come in contact with any blades so it is easier for me.

I hope we stuff 'em twice in the league then get drawn against 'em in both cup competitions and stuff 'em twice more just to show the impudent little twohats who really owns the city. Then to cap off a perfect season we get promoted as champions while they are relegated with a lower points haul than rovrum last season. Apart from that I ain't really bothered lol .

They are rather inconsequential, haven't really paid any attention to them over recent years, what with them being in the league below. 

Of course, would like to beat them twice, but playing them is not the highlight of my season...a nice game to have and will enjoy the build up in the days leading up to the game but apart from that couldn't care less as long as we are promoted. 

I love beating them but in all honesty I would prefer them to rot in the bottom 2 divisions and never have to play them ....ever.

Cant stand playing them (unless we beat them of course). The thing is, they are the exact time of team that we have been comfortably beaten by over the last few seasons.

1 hour ago, MOwl said:

So this year we play United (at long last...) but how much do our fans value the rivalry anymore?

Would you accept - hypothetically - them doing the double over us but we finish top 6? 

Or do we have to beat them this year? As a matter of pride?. 

Not sure top 6 should be the aim this year, spent too much money and done enough "building" that this year has to be the year we make a serious push for top 2.

Got to beat them aswell, especially at home, take a draw at their place.

But if they beat us twice, even if we were top 6 and they were relegated with 10 points, they'd never shut up about it.