Retained list

5 hours ago, poite said:

Unfair on sasso. Did a good job when required 

Sasso's goals conceded vs minutes played record suggests otherwise IMO.

Scoring a brace against a terrible Blackburn side doesn't change that.

5 hours ago, Holmes said:

Why good riddance?  For whatever reason it didn't work out for them, I never saw any of them not give their all when called upon.  Might not have been up to the standard required, but that's football.  I hope they all get to progress their careers and good luck to them.

If Dielna, Urby, Sougou, Sasso or Lachman weren't up to the standard required here, I'm pleased that they are being released, rather than using up the club's wages.

Quite simple really.

5 hours ago, Slick. said:

If Dielna, Urby, Sougou, Sasso or Lachman weren't up to the standard required here, I'm pleased that they are being released, rather than using up the club's wages.

Quite simple really.

What was his goals conceded vs minutes? How does it compare. I thought he played in a few clean sheet games so was expecting it to be half decent.

I have no issue with him leaving, thought he was an ok option as back up.

11 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

How's your recovery going? All ok?

Good thanks mate, slowly but surely. Got to go back in to have some more work done in about eight weeks, but everyone seems positive it all. 

6 hours ago, Slick. said:

Tom Lees: Goal conceded every 111 minutes he was on the pitch

Glenn Loovens: Goal conceded every 106 minutes he was on the pitch

Vincent Sasso: Goal conceded every 101 minutes he was on the pitch

His is the worst, but I wouldn't really say that it was drastically different compared to our other two out-and-out CB's would you?

Add on his goals and his superior ball-retention rate, it wouldn't even be unreasonable to make the argument that maybe he should have been ahead of Loovens in the side. 

Can't be bothered to read through the whole thread, but is there a more comprehensive retained list? From what I've read in the press, it only refers to members of the first team squad. Has there been any announcement about the futures of our successful development squad?

7 hours ago, Slick. said:

Quite simple really.

Yes, I understood your simplistic argument my point was about the contempt you held them in.

41 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Can't be bothered to read through the whole thread, but is there a more comprehensive retained list? From what I've read in the press, it only refers to members of the first team squad. Has there been any announcement about the futures of our successful development squad?

Don't think it's even a retained list mate - ambiguously worded at best, and I gather it's simply a statement of fact about which contracts have run their course. Some may yet be offered deals, feasibly. So no, not much concrete info at all as yet.

17 hours ago, Mishowl said:

Shame he couldn't get the extra small percent out of them this season.

Perhaps he did and we wouldn't have even been in the play offs without his contribution, Either way a positive influence around the dressing room/training ground cant be a bad thing plus not sure we can find a better 5th/6th choice CM to replace him.

12 hours ago, Slick. said:

Quite simple really.

But Semedo isn't up to the standard required and yet everybody is ready to cry if he does leave.

Some of those above haven't featured at all of course, but Sasso has contributed more to the team in the last 2 seasons than Semedo, so I'd say "good riddance" in his case is a bit harsh.

Personally I wouldn't mind if he stayed, as long as we brought in another "first choice" CB aswell.