Retained list

4 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

"The Owls would like to thank them for their services and wish them well for the future."

That certainly suggests that all of them are gone. Plus, Wildsmith and Dawson would be on there too if it was simply a case of letting us know who the out of contract players were, which we already knew anyway.

Just going on what local journalists are saying on twitter. It just seems strange the way the club have worded the statement I feel. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

The two keepers both young enough that if we offer contracts they are obliged almost to stay or go to tribunal. Maybe that's why? 

I think you are reading too much into it and its just an error by the club with poor wording.  We'll see tomorrow.

Edited by Etchesketch

15 minutes ago, Ironman said:

Really hope we can tie Urby down on an improved deal, thought he really ran the engine room in the last ten mins agsinst fulham.

He's been released like the over 5. The club have worded it wrong and left out Dawson and Wildsmith as they have been offered deals

47 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

He was on North of £30k p/w

Guff.

Nobody, certainly upto the new contracts for Fernando etc, was on 30k a week plus. 

He said he was in the top group, but he won't have been on much more than 10/15k at hellas, and we aren't going to double that.

I'm told he was middle of the road in wages. If high earners were sat in the stand, chansiri wanted them out and off the bill.

1 hour ago, Etchesketch said:

He's just turned 32.  Could yet  have 5 years playing over here or back home.Not even a veteran yet.

True but he’s not getting that game time with us, think it was right for everyone he went and I think everyone will understand. Totally agree he could play for another 5.