Retained list

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

GK 4

Westwood, -two of Kean Wildsmith/Dawson should go on loan.

DF 6

Palmer, Hunt, Loovens, Lees, Fox, Pudil 

MF 9

Melo, Mcgugan potentially moved on.

Matias, Wallace, Jones, Bannan, Abdi, Hutchinson, Lee, 

Fwd 7

Joao, Nuhiu potentially moved 

FF, Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall, Rhodes 

Thats 26 by my count. Potentially reduced to 20 if we moved on players who aren't involved (unlikely for some). 

Is the squad really that big? The u23s won't be on big wages.

I think the issue is more that we have spent big on players who do the same thing, have the same attributes as their counterpart which makes it seem bigger.

If we sign 4/5 that has us around 30 ish before sales/departures.

Reach

Echo the sentiments of others, massive thanks to Semedo, and a bit of surprise about Sasso

In a way (minus Sasso going, but that's personal preference) this is a really positive start to pre-season. Just shifting these guys off the wage bills covers a couple of top player's wages, which can only be a positive

39 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

lol

Semedo isn't anywhere near that, nor is urby, sasso or sougou. 

It won't free up huge amounts of wages, but enough for two very good signings.

Good luck to Semedo, great character but good for both parties he finds a new club. Sasso was underrated, I assume that means we have a top class player incoming at centre back, to compete with Lees and loovens. 

Urby was on nearly double that

Don't know why anyone is shocked at Semedo, he's played about 4 matches for a farewell occasion, he's past it and out of his depth. Forget retained, we should be paying the dead wood up just to leave to lower squad numbers.

1 minute ago, jordanl said:

Don't know why anyone is shocked at Semedo, he's played about 4 matches for a farewell occasion, he's past it and out of his depth. Forget retained, we should be paying the dead wood up just to leave to lower squad numbers.

Why not having someone young, talented, and much cheaper as our 6'th or 7'th choice central midfielder, who would be eager to grab a chance and make name for himself ?!

Still wouldn't be a surprise if we decided to offer Semedo and Sasso a new contract, they haven't actually said it's a released list. Personally as much as I love Semedo I think it's time we let him go, Sasso okay as 4th choice but if he left fair enough. 

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Still wouldn't be a surprise if we decided to offer Semedo and Sasso a new contract, they haven't actually said it's a released list. Personally as much as I love Semedo I think it's time we let him go, Sasso okay as 4th choice but if he left fair enough. 

"The Owls would like to thank them for their services and wish them well for the future."

That certainly suggests that all of them are gone. Plus, Wildsmith and Dawson would be on there too if it was simply a case of letting us know who the out of contract players were, which we already knew anyway.

Just now, Wath-owl said:

"The Owls would like to thank them for their services and wish them well for the future."

That certainly suggests that all of them are gone. Plus, Wildsmith and Dawson would be on there too if it was simply a case of letting us know who the out of contract players were, which we already knew anyway.

Yes I'm the same as you.  The club have worded it wrong. Bit of a wee wee tail up.  Even Alan Biggs has misread the situation.  All 8 would be on the list if it had meant to show whose contract was up.  Why would they say that anyway as we already knew whose contract was ending.