Lower Leppings lane for Home Fans

56 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

Also if there was a fire I'm sure I could get out of the north and onto leppings lane quicker than I could get out of Newcastles away end too!

From my days as a steward I remember they don't count evacuation onto the pitch and into other stands, it's all about clearing the stands to outside the stadium.

3 hours ago, owl-zat said:

Have you not read the millions of posts about this issue?

The capacity of the North Stand has been reduced due to safety issues which relates to the speed a stand can be evacuated.

It is therefore necessary to not sell block T as this accounts for most of the amount of seats we cannot sell.  You'll then notice a few odd seats dotted around the stand which nobody is sitting / standing next to and these are taken off sale to make up the rest of the amount of seats we cannot sell.

Am aware of it, i just buy it... wasnt an issue before the inquest.. so what's the fairytale, sorry I mean reason for not selling AA  in the south then your excellency!

5 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Am aware of it, i just buy it... wasnt an issue before the inquest.. so what's the fairytale, sorry I mean reason for not selling AA  in the south then your excellency!

There isnt a valid reason , same as with the end block in the North . Its just SAG and Plod trying to keep home and away fans as far away from each other as possible because they are incapable of policing a football match 

1 hour ago, dani_armo said:

Leeds and Villas concourses are much, much worse and that's just a couple of recent ones off the top of my head.

Also if there was a fire I'm sure I could get out of the north and onto leppings lane quicker than I could get out of Newcastles away end too!

I sit at the back, middle of the North. If there is a fire there is a weird, Hobbit sized door at the top of the stand.

1 hour ago, dani_armo said:

Leeds and Villas concourses are much, much worse and that's just a couple of recent ones off the top of my head.

Thy could be half way across Hillsborough park before thy got half way down them steps on away end at Newcastle. 

2 minutes ago, rob chester said:

Going to look stupid 28000 there empty seats everywhere and Newcastle thinking why the hell they did not get more tickets

you mean like us at forest ?

and Barnsley this weekend

5 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Yeah let's throw sh.it loads of tickets at the geordies,  FFS, we've been saying for years that all 4 sides of the ground should be Wednesday!

our fans would complain at a fv.ckin lottery win!

But only half of the lower lepp will be used and only half of the upper lepp . No reason why EVERY seat cannot be sold. 

4 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

our fans would complain at a fv.ckin lottery win!

I do this whenever I get the online lottery notification that there is news about my ticket only to find the winnings only just about cover outlay.. So yeah, please count me in. 

21 hours ago, owl-zat said:

From my days as a steward I remember they don't count evacuation onto the pitch and into other stands, it's all about clearing the stands to outside the stadium.

Probably so but having attended Leeds villa and Newcastle away I can safely say I'd get out of any of our stands quicker . Villa was carnage 

29 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Don't care myself, less away fans there the better

Agreed.

Newcastle will have the allocation they were given and be grateful for it.

Hopefully we will do the same next season for the Sheffield Derby if we don't go up.

I'd put the band in the NW corner on their own.

The North-standers would edge away from that end. The away fans would migrate towards the South.

The result would be the fans voluntarily Maximising the area of segregation without sag having to do or say anything.

33 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I'd put the band in the NW corner on their own.

The North-standers would edge away from that end. The away fans would migrate towards the South.

The result would be the fans voluntarily Maximising the area of segregation without sag having to do or say anything.

The band need fecking off from the stadium not moving. Maybe it's time summat was mentioned to the club,  I have written to the club in the past and I get the response from em that I'm in the minority.

43 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

The band need fecking off from the stadium not moving. Maybe it's time summat was mentioned to the club,  I have written to the club in the past and I get the response from em that I'm in the minority.

Maybe you should write back informing that it is mainly kids and families that like the band, so the band should be moved to the grandstand.

Not ideal, but better than being on the kop or north.

16 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

But only half of the lower lepp will be used and only half of the upper lepp . No reason why EVERY seat cannot be sold. 

It seems SAG have relented a bit to let us do this and people still whinge about in instead of saying it's great news and if all goes well maybe they will relax things a little more but obviously if there is trouble at the game then they'll tighten restrictions again.