Lower Leppings lane for Home Fans

13 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

My sky aint free. If you mean Kodi it aint that reliable and a pain in the arse to watch at times with all the stuttering.

Out of interest what price would you set for a one off attendee? 

I just go to my parents who pay for Sky 

or the pub

Whichever way you look at it I'm sorry but £50 to watch a championship game is bonkers.

I've had a ST for 10 years but this is probably my last one next season as the lad will be at uni and 200 mile round trip by me sen doesn't fill me with excitement.. i know when i start picking and choosing i won't be paying £50

as a one off event Wembley is a fair price

£49 to watch a potentially non-important match (that we are favourites to lose) that's on TV is steep whatever way you look at it for the casual fan

Edited by modboy

1 hour ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Plenty. 

All a bunch of hypocrites at the end of the day.

They want in for as cheap as possible 

How the shuddering f**k are they hypocrites?

Wembley is a special occasion, it's a special game you'll remember either way, and potentially a real "I was there" moment.  The Newcastle game is just a league game, that happens to be against top of the league.

Just stop this whole "I'm a better fan than you" bullsnot please

4 hours ago, debram said:

Personally i can afford the price and theirs only myself to pay for, on the other hand their are a lot that cant especially the dads/moms who have children that want to go so ime looking at it from their perspective

Absolutely no argument or issue with that scenario. I've been there myself.

42 minutes ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

How the shuddering f**k are they hypocrites?

Wembley is a special occasion, it's a special game you'll remember either way, and potentially a real "I was there" moment.  The Newcastle game is just a league game, that happens to be against top of the league.

Just stop this whole "I'm a better fan than you" bullsnot please

Oh so you can make excuses cause it's at Wembley.

Objection to ticket prices should be consistent 

But unless it's 20 quid at Hillsborough it's pub time. 

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Oh so you can make excuses cause it's at Wembley.

Who's making excuses, why should anyone explain themselves to you or anyone else?

People will go if they think it's value for money, £42 to sit on the kop isn't value for money, especially when it can be watched on a TV at home for about £6 on nowtv

30 minutes ago, modboy said:

Steelers is less than £20 for their play-off game on Sunday with cheap family deals

If I had kids I would certainly be tempted to take them to that than S6 (if money was tight)

You can't compare ice hockey and football. Ice Hockey, in general, is aimed at the type of people that clap when a plane lands. 

If people don't want to go, fine. Don't go.

How people prioritise their hard earned is up to them.

However we had a full season last year of non stop 'ticket price' threads, people wouldn't pay it, the ground would be half empty, Chansiri didn't have a clue, not to mention the perennial argument that the POTG fans formed only a small minority anyway and that the actual price the majority were paying was extremely reasonable. 

Then there were the usual 'class war' activists who present this and any other argument into terms that further their own agenda.

Regardless of the 'moral' argument if there is one, (this is a form of entertainment, arguable sometimes i know) and the prices are set accordingly, but it does rather appear that DCs strategy of appealing to people willing to commit, which was always his intention, is doing and has, paid off, completely against all the dire predictions of the cognoscenti on here. 

If a handful of people think watching Candian Ice Skaters for £20 represents better value than watching a packed Hillsborough with Sheffield Wednesday playing Newcastle United then fair play to them, but i just wish it wouldn't be presented like some not too subtle recruitment campaign for Sheffield Arena.

Let them go to the ice Hockey and leave us poor exploited fools to get ripped off by turning up at S6.

4 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Nobody will be paying £50 son.

why wont they be? if its £49 for south stand now why wont it be £50 next season? if and its a big outside chance at min we go up I wont be surprised if its £55 on south next season .  chansiri has slipped up pricing the Newcastle game if he wants 4 sides of noise from our lot he should have had it a cat d or e game for every game till end of season.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

why wont they be? if its £49 for south stand now why wont it be £50 next season? if and its a big outside chance at min we go up I wont be surprised if its £55 on south next season .  chansiri has slipped up pricing the Newcastle game if he wants 4 sides of noise from our lot he should have had it a cat d or e game for every game till end of season.

I wouldn't be surprised if prices stay the same.

Corporate might see a big rise, but Chansiri isn't stupid. In fact he's been very shrewd, and it appears successful, with the match day pricing. He knows Sheffield isn't a well off location. He knows we won't get many football tourist like at London and Manchester. If we get promoted, our income will be in a different stratosphere. I reckon he will use that to run the club, without milking the regular fans for more.

Just my opinion of course, I'm not itk, but as valid as anyone else's.

1 hour ago, rob chester said:

DC will see a drop in attendances next season

People have been saying this ever since DC set out his strategy.

You lot got it wrong then and you'll be wrong again.

I remember a thread on here early last year when some of the nay sayers were saying we wouldn't get above 23,000.  

I responded to a specific point saying there would come a time when demand outstripped supply and the brains trust predicted that would never happen.

A few months later there were people who had previously been bragging how they'd never go and would never pay those prices, literally begging to 'borrow' priority points or pleading for tickets, because although they'd been to every single match they didn't have one single priority point.

So if we get promoted, are you still sticking by your bold, no caveats prediction?

I think a career awaits you in the Pollster industry.  They have a constant habit of getting it disastrously wrong.

6 hours ago, vulva said:

You can't compare ice hockey and football. Ice Hockey, in general, is aimed at the type of people that clap when a plane lands. 

I've been once to ice hokey,  I'd rather spend a couple of hours pointing at planes in sky.