Lower Leppings lane for Home Fans

12 hours ago, ANDY said:

I wonder how many people who are moaning about the price will be willing to pay 50/60/70 quid for a Wembley ticket. 

Coventry are in the JPT final this weekend ,and just because their fans will be happy to pay 50/60/70 for a ticket, it dosnt mean they would expect to pay it for all their league games. cup finals and play off finals are one off games and you are always robbed for games at Wembley , but that dosnt mean you should   also be robbed by your club week in ,week out. 

Edited by S36 OWL

As a non season ticket holder I've never felt as detached from the club to be fair. £49 is disgraceful, and so is £36 midweek against the likes of Brentford.

Done about 7 games home and away this season, it would have been more than 10 but I'm not paying those prices

The last few seasons I've probably been to 10-15 home games each season paying individually for tickets (I know it would be more cost effective to get a season ticket). However, the 3 pals that I come with have been put off by the prices. 2 of them altogether and the other has only been to a few matches. I've had to come to a couple of matches on my own this season (which was wierd) or had to tag along with people I didn't know as well or even in get the mrs to come with.

I definitely think we'll lose out on fans, new and old, because of the prices. If you're a parent with no allegiance to either side and your kid says they want to go to the football, are you going to pay £49 at hillsborough or £30 at bramall lane?

The extortionate prices at Hillsborough have been put in place to sell season tickets and to help balance the books re FFP

But a generation of fans are being lost unless the gamble pays off and we reach the premier league

I'm done with home matches at these prices and if the prices aren't dropped if or when we get into the top flight I'll be done with home games for good unfortunately.

14 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

People have been saying this ever since DC set out his strategy.

You lot got it wrong then and you'll be wrong again.

I remember a thread on here early last year when some of the nay sayers were saying we wouldn't get above 23,000.  

I responded to a specific point saying there would come a time when demand outstripped supply and the brains trust predicted that would never happen.

A few months later there were people who had previously been bragging how they'd never go and would never pay those prices, literally begging to 'borrow' priority points or pleading for tickets, because although they'd been to every single match they didn't have one single priority point.

So if we get promoted, are you still sticking by your bold, no caveats prediction?

I think a career awaits you in the Pollster industry.  They have a constant habit of getting it disastrously wrong.

Predicting the outcome of a vote is rarely disastrous.

20 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Plenty. 

All a bunch of hypocrites at the end of the day.

They want in for as cheap as possible 

Every fan in the world wants football as cheap as possible except for a few on here that think it's great to charge more.

Probably the same folk that tell us you have to pay for quality then in the next breath tell us their season ticket works out at 10p a game !