Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

11 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Rhodes was in a poor Blackburn side, he then became a squad player in a decent Boro side, mainly down to not being fancied in the lone striker role.

Any Championship side signing Jordan Rhodes this January will be signing the best striker outside the top flight.

Lets not let the lack of regular football cloud judgement.

Exactly this, Rhodes and Gayle at Newcastle would be the best strikers in this league imo. Be very lucky to have him here although we need to offload some of our current strikers first. 

35 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Exactly this, Rhodes and Gayle at Newcastle would be the best strikers in this league imo. Be very lucky to have him here although we need to offload some of our current strikers first. 

Decent goal scorers, both of them, and Gayle also offers the pace needed to stretch sides Having said that, I wouldn't swap either of them for aforestieri

How far have we come as fans...we have Hooper and fletcher, we sign winnall and we still want more strikers!!! A few seasons ago we woulda killed for Hooper. 

Just think what player we could get for 9m in a position we need. For me, another strong CB. Loovens is good, but getting on a bit now. 

6 hours ago, prowl said:

Aren't you the ferret with the ITK posts about Rhodes which left you with egg all over your face. If your previous ITKness was wrong how can you expect to get away with...

We were very confident of doing a loan deal then and are still

I reckon you know as much about this situation as I do, which is a bit less than sweet f.a.

:columbo:

Because that's what the situation is.  We want him,  he wants us. We are trying to find the right deal. Everyfcker can see that,  you don't need to be itk. And regards egg on face, I'm not apologising for putting knackers on line and repeating what a reliable source said. I still believe that wednesday hoped to get a steal on Rhodes and sign him up two weeks ago. It didn't come off,  but Single handley I changed the betting markets from 5/1 to 2/1 within 12 hrs of my post!  Still time to get a bet on.  

3 hours ago, Quantum Owl said:

I think it is clear why we are prioritizing strikers above our defense.

The facts don't lie.

Rhodes would be a superb signing IMO but only/if Mr Chansiri and the finance department see it as a good and safe business decision for us.

Only they will know all the necessary facts and figures to make this decision so lets just put our faith in the club.

attack.JPG

defence.JPG

It's what I've been saying all window out defence is solid our strike force is not on song. Now I absaloutly believe the way we play this year has contributed to both of those results coupled with our season circumstances until winnal signed hooper was our only natural goal scorer and he's been injured. Nando is good for  a  few goals but the early season drama, suspensions and a few niggles have not really given him his flo he had last season. I don't think know one ever thought fletcher was going to return 20 plus he's not that type of striker. What I like about having the options of winnal  hooper and Rhodes is you would like to think you always have that killer striker in your squad even with suspensions, fatigue, injury and loss of form. That is a huge bonus. I also think we can be less reliant on fletcher he is a very good player but should be used in certain games or certain periods of a game it will be doing him injustice to say he's a improvemt on big dave, but he really is.

i didn't realise how many clean sheets Brighton  and derby had that's impressive 

2 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Because that's what the situation is.  We want him,  he wants us. We are trying to find the right deal. Everyfcker can see that,  you don't need to be itk. And regards egg on face, I'm not apologising for putting knackers on line and repeating what a reliable source said. I still believe that wednesday hoped to get a steal on Rhodes and sign him up two weeks ago. It didn't come off,  but Single handley I changed the betting markets from 5/1 to 2/1 within 12 hrs of my post!  Still time to get a bet on.  

We need an emoticon of a fishing rod and line with a ferret on the hook.

So it was you that brought the odds down just before I got a bet on. Now you are really in my bad books.:angry:

3 hours ago, Quantum Owl said:

I think it is clear why we are prioritizing strikers above our defense.

The facts don't lie.

Rhodes would be a superb signing IMO but only/if Mr Chansiri and the finance department see it as a good and safe business decision for us.

Only they will know all the necessary facts and figures to make this decision so lets just put our faith in the club.

attack.JPG

defence.JPG

Barnsleys top scorer :-)

Just watched a bit of biggsy show thingy. 

Staton n Mitchell (pig scout fella) on show.

biggs hearing we bid 5m. Prob plus add ons

mitchell heard Conor goin villa, 85% chance.

if he had been told goin for defo it be 100% surely.

dont like villa anyway but if they nab these too I'll be angry mad wi em 

Just now, ozzieowl said:

Just watched a bit of biggsy show thingy. 

Staton n Mitchell (pig scout fella) on show.

biggs hearing we bid 5m. Prob plus add ons

mitchell heard Conor goin villa, 85% chance.

if he had been told goin for defo it be 100% surely.

dont like villa anyway but if they nab these too I'll be angry mad wi em 

I've heard we've offered more but Barnsley are refusing to sell to us