Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think you are wrong sadly. On paper you would think Hooper and FF would be a dream duo, but their record together is abysmal, I think it's 7 goals together in 24.

Not on paper : based on what I've seen whilst attending matches.

Rhodes will do no better than Hooper, all else being equal, in my opinion of course. I doubt that he will do significantly better than Winnall either when he is up to speed. But that's based on 45 minutes, so way too early to conclude.

I'm amazed that so many people are saying 'We don't need JR now we have Winnall'.

Winnall has played half a season at Championship level, and has admittedly done well. He's played 30 minutes for us and put in a good shift. 

The previous two statements do not mean he's going to score 10+ goals for us in the second half of the season.

Rhodes is a proven goalscorer at this level and will take chances in big games. I'd love him at Wednesday but wouldn't pay anything north of £10m.

2 hours ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Perhaps with their stature as very recently being a premier league club.  

Two or three seasons down in the champ and you are soon declassified though.

I think it's their honours list that will stand them in good stead a being seen as a big club for plenty of years yet;

• 7 Top League Titles
  • 7 FA Cups
  • 5 League Cups
  • 1 European Cup

Beats anyone who has been in the Championship (Division 2) in the last 30+ years.

6 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Do people realise that a cross into the box that is on target of the goal is actually classed as a shot on target? Don't let stats trick you 

NQS = Nuhiu Quantum system.

When faced with bare statistics to prove your argument is incorrect, imply that the statistics mean nothing as the data cannot be correctly analysed without proving it's worthless.

2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I don't read to much into stats. When we start playing teams off the park and miss genuine goal attempt after goal attempt then fine go and get Rhodes.

Reality is the only thing Rhodes would have a significant bearing on, as we are playing, is FFP

The good news is we won't be signing him.

Why would that be good news?

2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I don't read to much into stats. When we start playing teams off the park and miss genuine goal attempt after goal attempt then fine go and get Rhodes.

Reality is the only thing Rhodes would have a significant bearing on, as we are playing, is FFP

I never mentioned Rhodes.  No worries just thought you had something to genuine to bring to the table about stats.

Get back to sleep lol

6 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

26 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

16 shots v Wolves proves my point. Dream on

Slightly contradictory posts there surely ? 

How can anyone suggest we need Rhodes or think we will get him. With FF hooper Winall fletcher, if we signed Rhodes I would suggest that Flecther would be 5th choice striker. I know we want a strong squad but that would be ridiculous, especially when you look at how thin we are in other positions

Just now, S_W_F_C said:

Bet Forest fans had the same ringing endorsements of their chairman when he was flashing the cash. Chansiri won't be spending 10m on one player, Carlos has told us that about 50 times.

It takes some longer than others for that to sink in.

Forest's owner isn't exactly Mr Chansiri now is he?

I agree we won't be spending £10m on Rhodes, but whether that is because of FFP or because Mr Chansiri doesn't think he's worth that, well that we don't know.

You can't trust what some folk on here are satying though - you've been adamant all week that UK clubs can't sign players from other UK clubs on pre-contracts; a theory I proved wrong yesterday (then you went pretty quiet!). lol

13 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Ok, to turn this argument on its head....................

Whilst at Huddersfield & Blackburn, do you think Rhodes had "genuine goal attempt after goal attempt" in order to reach the excellent, consistent season totals he reached year after year ? The answer is most likely no ? My point being, he seemingly took a lot of the chances he got, be-it 5 a match,3 a match or even 1..... . If we continue to create so little chances per game then surely he is exactly the answer we need then !? He's been prolific his whole career, the stats & facts prove it - Boro aside as the manager obviously didn't want him in the first place.

I don't want us to get anywhere near FFP problems but if/when players of this calibre are available and our chairman thinks its workable, its a no brainer for me, completely.

If it becomes common knowledge we can't get him due to the FFP problems you are frequently mentioning then no problem, we move on where/when we can elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Ok, to turn this argument on its head....................

Whilst at Huddersfield & Blackburn, do you think Rhodes had "genuine goal attempt after goal attempt" in order to reach the excellent, consistent season totals he reached year after year ? The answer is most likely no ? My point being, he seemingly took a lot of the chances he got, be-it 5 a match,3 a match or even 1..... . If we continue to create so little chances per game then surely he is exactly the answer we need then !? He's been prolific his whole career, the stats & facts prove it - Boro aside as the manager obviously didn't want him in the first place.

I don't want us to get anywhere near FFP problems but if/when players of this calibre are available and our chairman thinks its workable, its a no brainer for me, completely.

If it becomes common knowledge we can't get him due to the FFP problems you are frequently mentioning then no problem, we move on where/when we can elsewhere. 

Hooper's goals per chance is way better than Rhodes.