Was wondering how he did today, anyone who's been care to enlighten me? Now in theory he cold make an amazing center half, he's got the reading of the game, the tackling, mentality of never say die that will win the duels in and around the box. What was lacking at center mid, vision, creativity and passing range won't really be required for this role. Also with him on the field we would get the pros of him shepherding our younger players (Joao Stobbs hirst etc) who I hope will get some game time during the season...    Thoughts?

He did a job Infact he looked solid but semedo always does against that level of opposites

we need better to be promoted but like I said in another thread of the biggest form of defence is attack the opposites will be more worried about their own defences keeping us out than trying to break through ours 

they score 1 we score 4

in short semi will do a patch up job their but we need to fix it quickly 

I'm still glad he signed a new contract 

13 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

Port Vale carried almost no attacking threat at all, so it's hard to judge him in this game.

He didn't do anything wrong, though.

He was a rock against CD National last week. He seems pretty good cover for Hutch and Loovens tbh.

We need to sign two quality centre backs and a left back, then we are as good as guaranteed top 6

In fact I'd go as far as to say if we can sign good quality players in those positions we should be challenging Newcastle.

Edited by MrEdwards

18 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I know semedo is viewed through rose tinted specs In everything he does but not a cat in hells chance should a promotion chasing team have him at centre back. 

Now I'm not saying he is the answer but how many games have you seen him play at CB?

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He looked solid but against Championship opposition I would worry about his lack of pace at CB.

Don't know if he has played CB at Championship level. 

I think the last time he played there was Reading away a couple of years ago in a 2-0 win, he partnered Llera and was solid

Edited by s6 owl