Can we technically be safe tomorrow?

45 minutes ago, the monk said:

Does anyone know if we win our last two games we will definitely stop up ?

I'm not  a morning person and I've only had all week to work it out 

Ps Anyone know what shoes I should wear today ?

Well here's the short way to find out...

Strp 1. Buy this book and read it cover to cover; Basic Maths For Dummies By Colin Beveridge
£9.40

Then post again on here for step 2. 😉

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Technically no but I reckon a win tomorrow will end up being enough. Must win game.

Really don’t fancy going to Sunderland desperately needing a win. May look an easier game on paper but I’d always fancy us more with a packed Hillsborough. West Brom are good, but they’re not Leeds/Leicester. 

Have we ever even won at the stadium of light?

Yes we have under Lukuhay. It may have been 3-1. It was that time when Nuhiu and Joao were scoring for fun. Mystifies me why he broke that strike pairing up the following season. It worked very well and the two of them were rarely injured.

As for the run-in, it’s all about us. It always has been to a point. A packed Hillsborough with Wednesday fans on the Lepp, every chance of a win. It wouldn’t guarantee safety but it would put pressure on the teams around us maybe even Stoke and QPR despite the obvious GD advantage they have over us.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vontemp said:

No, it will go to the last game due to Huddersfield playing Birmingham tomorrow. 

we'd have to win by 5 vs WBA and Hudds win by 1 then we could technically still lose the last game by 1 goal, and even if Hudds win by 1 goal margin we still stay up.  In essence if we win tmw we need a point on final day

We can’t stay up and we can’t go down tomorrow

We are guaranteed to take it to the final day of the season, which is a hell of an achievement when you consider how bad we started

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

It’s too early for me to work this out. 

Any morning person know if it’s possible?

No and I'd say it's still 50/50 we go down. I expect Birmingham and Blackburn to win, Hudds will be gone and we really need to win tomorrow to make sure we're not in the bottom 3 before the last game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gypsyowl said:

No and I'd say it's still 50/50 we go down. I expect Birmingham and Blackburn to win, Hudds will be gone and we really need to win tomorrow to make sure we're not in the bottom 3 before the last game.

Plymouth?

The absolute best case scenario tomorrow, us winning and Huddersfield winning, leaves us 3 points clear of 3rd bottom Huddersfield going into the final game, meaning that we'd have to lose and they'd have to win away at Ipswich to relegate us.

Which they probably would!

• Like 2

We can't be mathematically safe after Saturdays results, no matter what happens. 

It's going to be another last game of the season with something riding on it. 

At the end of the day, it's in our own hands now at least, which is a scenario many of us thought we would never be in.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

It’s too early for me to work this out. 

Any morning person know if it’s possible?

We need Huddersfield and Birmingham both to lose and we win, as the plat each other thats impossible but they draw we win. It will mean a point at Sunderland no matter what they do last game of the season they cannot catch us.

for me though we win Huddersfield win, they are away at Ipswich last game of the season its unlikely they get anything from that, this scenario means Birmingham possibly relegated tomorrow if Plymouth and blackburn win.

18 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The absolute best case scenario tomorrow, us winning and Huddersfield winning, leaves us 3 points clear of 3rd bottom Huddersfield going into the final game, meaning that we'd have to lose and they'd have to win away at Ipswich to relegate us.

Which they probably would!

Leicester, Leeds and Southampton have all recently dropped points to our rivals, wouldn't surprise me if Ipswich do the same.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

Birmingham havent won any of their last 8 away games. 

There is every chance Huddersfield could relegate them tomorrow. Which for us would be the best outcome by far. 

1 hour ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

We won a few years ago when Sunderland went down into the 1st division. My memory was it was towards the end of the season, it was bitterly cold and it was so.ethkng like 4-2 and Nuihu scored. All of which could be wrong. 

Easter weekend 2018, we won 3:1. I was at my caravan.

Where will I be the on the day we play Sunderland.........at my caravan again!

Could I be the lucky omen?

• Like 2

No. The only certainty is if we win our games. 

Based on our record this season against the top 6, expect a draw tomorrow (at best) and fully expect to be back in the bottom 3 again given the Huddersfield vs Birmingham fixture.

Our chance will come on the last day at Sunderland when we have a slightly favourable fixture. 

That said we go into the game  tomorrow in good form, confidence is high and with the boost of our  new league position. I desperately hope that we can buck the trend and win tomorrow. It's not the most likely outcome though.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1