Can we technically be safe tomorrow?

9 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

It’s too early for me to work this out. 

Any morning person know if it’s possible?

No, it will go to the last game due to Huddersfield playing Birmingham tomorrow. 

I'm only grateful Brum have Norwich and Huddersfield have Ipswich in their last game. Both Norwich and Ipswich will most likely have MUST WIN games to get them play offs and automatic promotion respectively.

Sunderland have probably resigned to mid table obscurity and should be an easier match on paper than that of our relegation rivals.

Edited by N0rtherner
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I'm only grateful Brum have Norwich and Huddersfield have Ipswich in their last game. Both Norwich and Ipswich will most likely have MUST WIN games to get them play offs and automatic promotion respectively.

Sunderland have probably resigned to mid table obscurity and should be an easier match on paper than that of our relegation rivals.

Not always the case, seen a few teams pull off some weird results on the last day, regardless of where they are in the league, and those seemingly on the beach 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

It’s too early for me to work this out. 

Any morning person know if it’s possible?

If West Brom have 3 sent off in the first minute and we win 13-0, whilst Birmingham lose to Huddersfield 1-0, but Huddersfield have their 3 best players sent off in the 98th minute, then we are still not technically safe but I reckon that would be enough, leaving Huddersfield nedding to overturn a 10 goal difference deficit at Ipswich.

Don't even bother asking Carlsberg for this one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Not always the case, seen a few teams pull off some weird results on the last day, regardless of where they are in the league, and those seemingly on the beach 

Didn't we hammer Leicester on the last day when already relegated from the PL ? 

• Like 3

Does anyone know if we win our last two games we will definitely stop up ?

I'm not  a morning person and I've only had all week to work it out 

Ps Anyone know what shoes I should wear today ?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Howmanyowls said:

Didn't we hammer Leicester on the last day when already relegated from the PL ? 

Yep. Not sure if that was some of the players putting themselves on the shop window knowing they would be off

We also beat Burnley 7-2 away when we were already relegated from the Championship.

it does throw up some odd results

• Like 5

1 minute ago, the monk said:

Knowing Wednesday, probably not.

ps I’d recommend a tunic covered by a scapular and cowl, with a hood.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Knowing Wednesday, probably not.

ps I’d recommend a tunic covered by a scapular and cowl, with a hood.

🤣🤣 Get sick of wearing the same clobber......sandles it is then !

• Haha 1

We’ve got a few good end-of-season wins when we had nothing to play for… that late Nuhiu goal that cost Watford the title, knocking Derby out the playoffs last season, and stopping Dave Jones’ Cardiff getting in the playoffs a few years back 

• Like 3

Technically no but I reckon a win tomorrow will end up being enough. Must win game.

Really don’t fancy going to Sunderland desperately needing a win. May look an easier game on paper but I’d always fancy us more with a packed Hillsborough. West Brom are good, but they’re not Leeds/Leicester. 

Have we ever even won at the stadium of light?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

I tend to think like this too. However, it's Wednesday involved, so now I'm thinking Ipswich and Norwich will have pressure on them, as where Sunderland won't, which may impact the results differently! 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, the monk said:

Yes we stay up if we win our last 2 as neither Huddersfield or Birmingham cab catch us.

I'd go for loafers today and Addidas trainers tomorrow.

3, 8, 17, 21, 29 & 36 for the lottery by the way. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Technically no but I reckon a win tomorrow will end up being enough. Must win game.

Really don’t fancy going to Sunderland desperately needing a win. May look an easier game on paper but I’d always fancy us more with a packed Hillsborough. West Brom are good, but they’re not Leeds/Leicester. 

Have we ever even won at the stadium of light?

We won a few years ago when Sunderland went down into the 1st division. My memory was it was towards the end of the season, it was bitterly cold and it was so.ethkng like 4-2 and Nuihu scored. All of which could be wrong. 

• Like 1