Huddersfield v Birmingham

17 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Birmingham could actually drop tomorrow. 

Given the permutations that would make this so, and the scenario that it'd leave us for needing to stay up on the last day, I would absolutely love it if they do -  I wouldn't even care about  Plymouth winning!

Edited by alanharper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We've seen in recent weeks that the top teams can drop points against our rivals at the bottom of the table. I still think the best result would be a draw, which will mean both teams have to come out on the last day and win and it may still not be enough.

I also think only of them will go down with Plymouth and Blackburn looking very likely to drop.

• Like 2

Don't discount black urn and Plymouth. If we get a result tomorrow and they both lose, they will be still in the mix with tricky games on the last day. Could be fun if Leicester and Ipswich do us a huge favour and keep Leeds out of the autos. 

• Like 1

For both of them it’s a really horrible game, both can go down tomorrow. Huddersfield in the most danger of that as they only need to lose coupled with us drawing. Brum would need a few other results to happen.

Hideous for those two, but also I’d prefer they were both playing games like we are, purely because if we lose we are back in for the last game of the season.

Hopefully theyll be enjoyment on our pitch that no one needs to check the scores! If you are blessed with signal at your seat.

We could do with Norwich losing and Hull winning tomorrow, so that Norwich still have something to play for on the final day! If they've secured playoffs, they may rest players giving Birmingham an easier game.

There IS ONLY ONE OUTCOME which would be in our favour..... 

HUDDERSFIELD TO WIN = 47 points 

Brum lose = 46 points

Owls win = 50 points 

One game left:

Ipswich v Huddersfield 

Brum v Norwich

Sunderland v OWLS

ONLY Huddersfield could catch us.... 

IF they win at Ipswich???? 

+

IF we lose at Sunderland? 

A far better option for the Owls. 

Simples! 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, 1952Owl said:

There IS ONLY ONE OUTCOME which would be in our favour..... 

HUDDERSFIELD TO WIN = 47 points 

Brum lose = 46 points

Owls win = 50 points 

One game left:

Ipswich v Huddersfield 

Brum v Norwich

Sunderland v OWLS

ONLY Huddersfield could catch us.... 

IF they win at Ipswich???? 

+

IF we lose at Sunderland? 

A far better option for the Owls. 

Simples! 

I honestly think that if we win tomorrow we will stay up ,at least two other teams won't make 50 points. 

• Like 2

Huddersfield win please. They're unlikely to get anything vs Ipswich on the final day, as where I wouldn't be surprised to see Birmingham get a win at home to Norwich.

In that scenario, we only need a point to end up above Huddersfield and 3 points to finish above Birmingham. Huddersfield and Wednesday win this weekend, next week is likely prove academic.

I'm expecting Blackburn and Plymouth to get maximum points this weekend which will see them both safe.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'm expecting Blackburn and Plymouth to get maximum points this weekend which will see them both safe.

I hope you're wrong on this. The more teams needing a result on the last day (as we will), the better!

• Like 1

Only Rotherham are worse than both Birmingham and Plymouth away from home this season, I can't see either of them winning to be honest. We've just got to do the business at Hillsborough, nerves are in shreds, but we have to get a positive result. I can see Plymouth dropping in all honesty. UTO🦉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, little_orme said:

We could do with Norwich losing and Hull winning tomorrow, so that Norwich still have something to play for on the final day! If they've secured playoffs, they may rest players giving Birmingham an easier game.

That would also help if Plymouth don't win tomorrow as Hull play Plymouth on the last day.

• Like 1