Röhl makes intention clear

56 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I suppose if Southampton don’t win the play offs there might be pressure on Russell Martin’s position, but it would be harsh. I think he would be given until December to show he could mount another tilt at automatic promotion. 

DR has done a fantastic job, but in the event we actually get relegated I don’t see any of the big Championship sides going for him anyway. If we stay up, which I’ve always said we will, I just don’t think he will want to leave. UNLESS there is no takeover and DC fails to support his vision for the club. 

Agreed. One point that also can go in our favour is ultimate potential. DR knows Southampton and knows that if he went there and took them up then they become a small side in the Premiership, plus he's then a manager who jumped ship after 8 months.  Big Jack recognised the potential with Wednesday, we are a team that genuinely can get right up there if everything aligned. Of course football has changed dramatically since Big Jack's day, money has taken it to a different level, but currently Villa are showing what is possible and it's not too long back since we were playing them.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, owls maniac said:

We have struck gold with this lad. 

Pains me to say it, but it feels reminiscent to when Wilder joined the pigs the first time around. Something just clicks and it lifts the whole club. 

Chansiri would be blowing a huge huge opportunity if he doesn't give DR the backing he needs in order for him to stay at S6. 

Now just imagine someone conducting job interview with this guy and with Xisco and deciding to give job to Spaniard... 🙄

And this guy decides fate of OUR club 😢

• Like 2

Chansiri will never get a better opportunity than this to make a go of running a football club.

Listen to Danny

Sign some cheques 

Don't over think it Dejphon

If he screws it up from here, there's truly no hope for the guy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Chansiri will never get a better opportunity than this to make a go of running a football club.

Listen to Danny

Sign some cheques 

Don't over think it Dejphon

If he screws it up from here, there's truly no hope for the guy

Oh and most importantly SET A BUDGET.

Like this is a manager that can maximise his budget, but that can only happen if he KNOWS WHAT HE IS WORKING WITH.

I cannot abide the idea that DC claims he is playing 4d chess by not setting a budget and assessing it on a case-by-case basis... you have to be a real, real thick turd to think that's any way to do things.

Röhl has grown bigger than Chansiri. 

Channers has to back him or face the wrath.

He can't sack him or if Röhl walks then Channers will be getting pitchforks off every single fan we have. His position will be absolutely untenable. No question.

• Like 5

Danny has worked as a coach with the best of the best, he has worked at clubs with the best Infrastructure, he knows what he is talking about.

Chancer has a chance to back Danny and let him revive this club, the problem I can't see him taking it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_owl said:

Röhl has grown bigger than Chansiri. 

Channers has to back him or face the wrath.

He can't sack him or if Röhl walks then Channers will be getting pitchforks off every single fan we have. His position will be absolutely untenable. No question.

No question - unlike any of the numerous managers during Chansiri's reign Röhl is the only one holding all the aces in the discussions. 

• Like 1

Just now, Almat said:

No question - unlike any of the numerous managers during Chansiri's reign Röhl is the only one holding all the aces in the discussions. 

Thats one reason to be worried, the blokes all ego, the plaudits and approbation DR gets won't go down well I reckon.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats one reason to be worried, the blokes all ego, the plaudits and approbation DR gets won't go down well I reckon.....

One would hope that even Chansiri knows that not backing Röhl thereby forcing him to leave would mean he wouldn't be able to come to a game at Hillsborough ever again. He'd be finished.

Edited by Almat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Owl said:

Think you’ll find he will be !! Spoke to him the other week at the WOO dinner, he absolutely loves this ,  and after bringing in a manager and back room staff as good as any premier league club, I believe Mr Chansiri will back him all the way ! #uto

Was believable until the last sentence. 🫣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MarrakechOwl said:

The press conference just now was a fantastic one. Röhl has grown a huge deal over the year and speaks so clearly and honestly. 
It seems very clear from what he was saying that if Chansiri stumps up the cash to improve the infrastructure at the club, he will be here for a while.  He said he knows that not everything can be done in single summer, but that he just wants to see moves in the right direction. 
It is rare to see such transparency without everything being veiled in cliches. If we stay up, and assuming Chansiri can approach the situation with humility (!!!!) and cash (!!!!!), it really does feel like we could be in for a very positive 2024/25. 

That's Danny gone then. 

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Oh and most importantly SET A BUDGET.

Like this is a manager that can maximise his budget, but that can only happen if he KNOWS WHAT HE IS WORKING WITH.

I cannot abide the idea that DC claims he is playing 4d chess by not setting a budget and assessing it on a case-by-case basis... you have to be a real, real thick turd to think that's any way to do things.

You have just given a perfect description of our leader.