Röhl makes intention clear

Do we think Danny knows somethings going off behind the scenes in terms of ownership? Because there is no way Chansiri will deliver on any of these things and DR is a smart enough man and being around the game long enough to realise he's not a man to be trusted.

I just don't see DC changing, not now, not ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

All sounds like what every manager has been saying and been told for 9 years. Here's a piece from the Star in Feb 2016:

The charming, charismatic head coach has been reassured by owner Dejphon Chansiri that more cash will be ploughed into upgrading their training ground facilities in the long-term.

The Star understands the Owls have spent close to £500,000 on revamping their Middlewood Road complex over the last six months.

A new inflatable air dome, featuring a new ‘3G’ articifical pitch, has been built and some of the outside pitches have been ripped up and relaid. The dome is mainly used by the club’s academy.

But despite the redevelopments, the club’s first-team squad were forced to train at Hillsborough on Wednesday due to the bad weather in South Yorkshire affecting their pitches at Middlewood.

Carvalhal told The Star: “The pitches are very bad. We trained at Hillsborough on Wednesday because it was impossible to train on our pitches.

“We are trying to do our best. We know we don’t have the perfect conditions.

“We know that the chairman has only been at the club a short time so he can’t do everything in one minute. What he has done is absolutely fantastic.

“One of the things that the club will need to improve in the future will be the training ground.

“We don’t have quantity or quality. We know that and it is not an excuse. With the conditions we have, we have quality training.

“But to be a club at the top level, we know the facilities are not where we need them to be at.”

Chansiri is acutely aware the Owls’ training ground needs to improve, according to Carvalhal.

“He knows; the chairman is caring about that but he can’t do everything in one minute like we can’t build a team in a few weeks or months,” he stressed.

https://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/news/sheffield-wednesday-carvalhal-reassured-over-training-ground-improvements-460404

Great post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Standidno said:

He definitely won’t be here next season 

Think you’ll find he will be !! Spoke to him the other week at the WOO dinner, he absolutely loves this ,  and after bringing in a manager and back room staff as good as any premier league club, I believe Mr Chansiri will back him all the way ! #uto

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Owl said:

Think you’ll find he will be !! Spoke to him the other week at the WOO dinner, he absolutely loves this ,  and after bringing in a manager and back room staff as good as any premier league club, I believe Mr Chansiri will back him all the way ! #uto

And he told you that he's definitely staying 🤣

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Wadsley Bridge Owl said:

Do we think Danny knows somethings going off behind the scenes in terms of ownership? Because there is no way Chansiri will deliver on any of these things and DR is a smart enough man and being around the game long enough to realise he's not a man to be trusted.

I personally think so. I made the point in the on the grapevine thread

"...I still believe something has been going on behind the scenes since Chansiri in a massive change of approach not only set on Röhl but also allowed him to bring in a stellar bunch of coaches. The wage bill for DR and the back up team must be considerable and I've never been sure Chansiri is in a position to fund it personally. 

I think this rumour has legs..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, owls maniac said:

We have struck gold with this lad. 

Pains me to say it, but it feels reminiscent to when Wilder joined the pigs the first time around. Something just clicks and it lifts the whole club. 

Chansiri would be blowing a huge huge opportunity if he doesn't give DR the backing he needs in order for him to stay at S6. 

Difference being is that, our Danny has more of a defined Sheffield accent than sandwich man

8 minutes ago, Almat said:

I personally think so. I made the point in the on the grapevine thread

"...I still believe something has been going on behind the scenes since Chansiri in a massive change of approach not only set on Röhl but also allowed him to bring in a stellar bunch of coaches. The wage bill for DR and the back up team must be considerable and I've never been sure Chansiri is in a position to fund it personally. 

I think this rumour has legs..."

All the signs do point to a very positive outcome for us all

I'm just praying we stay in this league it's frightening what this lad could do with the correct backers

• Like 1

I think we have to be realistic.

If Southampton were to come in, he'd go.

They've beaten us 6-1 on aggregate this season.

They have a much better team than do we, have parachute money, and already have the infrastructure in place after playing many seasons in the PL.

They're streets ahead of us.

He's been there before, and it's a nice place to live.

Hampshire's the kind of place you go on holiday to.

Twelve months from now he could be a PL manager with the Saints, instead of staying here with a chuff like Channers who either can't or won't back him.

He'd be a noodle to turn such an opportunity down, should it arise.

• Thanks 1

DC has seen all these Danny Röhl songs and his plea for more investment. He’s come up with his own song based on a classic Chic disco tune. 

Yowsah Yowsah Yowsah

Sell your foookin houses. 

image.jpeg.b234145ae2f5d94ccb6054c85b64d8e2.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wadsley Bridge Owl said:

Being honest, I just think Danny is telling us now why he will probably leave the club. If he mentions it enough times then when (hopefully not) he leaves and joins another club we’ll all know why he’s gone already rather than speculating. Managers can’t usually say too much when they’ve gone due to certain clauses, but he’s already said it will be down to what happens with infrastructure and clearly the squad. 

If he leaves you know nothing is happening and whoever comes in will be shopping at the bargain basement for frees and loans. 

Danny had earned the right for better than that.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I think we have to be realistic.

If Southampton were to come in, he'd go.

They've beaten us 6-1 on aggregate this season.

They have a much better team than do we, have parachute money, and already have the infrastructure in place after playing many seasons in the PL.

They're streets ahead of us.

He's been there before, and it's a nice place to live.

Hampshire's the kind of place you go on holiday to.

Twelve months from now he could be a PL manager with the Saints, instead of staying here with a chuff like Channers who either can't or won't back him.

He'd be a noodle to turn such an opportunity down, should it arise.

I suppose if Southampton don’t win the play offs there might be pressure on Russell Martin’s position, but it would be harsh. I think he would be given until December to show he could mount another tilt at automatic promotion. 

DR has done a fantastic job, but in the event we actually get relegated I don’t see any of the big Championship sides going for him anyway. If we stay up, which I’ve always said we will, I just don’t think he will want to leave. UNLESS there is no takeover and DC fails to support his vision for the club. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Howmanyowls said:

Danny Röhl's magic, he wears a magic hat, 

And Chansiri is our chairman, he's a complete........? 

……..magician as well?

FFS mate, it doesn’t foookin rhyme. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Owl said:

You’re a fool 

• Like 1