So, what did the ref say to their Keeper?

44 minutes ago, OWLS1867OWLS said:

I think you will find it is 

Even the ref told him

Anyway we won so WAWAW

PS

He could have used his hand and it would not have been a back pass

Tell you what Howard...why don't you post the relevant page from the IFAB app to show you are correct.

Either that or dont

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

My brain was shouting, 'They HAVE to find a way to find out a walk to chalk this off, this does not happen to Wednesday.'  Took me a bout 30 seconds before I let myself celebrate.

I was exactly the same, especially when I saw the ref talking to the keeper. I took a momentary lapse, this isn’t going to stand, simply because it’s us, then reality kicked in. GTFI

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, marshy said:

I was exactly the same, especially when I saw the ref talking to the keeper. I took a momentary lapse, this isn’t going to stand, simply because it’s us, then reality kicked in. GTFI

lol

Same here 😂

• Haha 1

Simple way round this sort of situation. 

He should have pretended he had a head injury. Works every time. 

There was certainly summat not reyt with his head, that’s for sure. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, marshy said:

Just wondering what he said after the howler? 

WTF you done their lad?

Thas Reyt ballsed up kid.

Joking aside why he needed to say anything. I thought he explained if you’d have picked it up it would have been a back pass?

I'll make sure to ask him if I see him again (my old PE teacher)

I had no idea we'd 'scored' and didn't see the ref speak to him. Very glad as I'd have panicked 😂 

I assume the ref was telling him he could have picked it up and it wouldn't have been an offence so next time just do that. Bet he felt a right prannock if that's what he did. 

It’s a lesson to any goalkeeper, let alone a professional one. 

Don’t take your eye off the ball when you’re about to kick it. 

Know the foookin back pass rules. 

You could tell in that heart in mouth moment between the miskick and the moment it started to spin goalwards, that he wasn’t sure what he could do within the rules of the game. 

By the time his grey matter had fired up like some old Landrover engine in mid winter, it were too late. 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2024 at 18:30, Devonstrix said:

Stockdale said he could easily have kicked it a second time. 

Knowing his luck, he’d have smashed it into the roof of the net. 

Apparently the lad was in a jacuzzi in the dark with a load of topless women the other night and ended up sucking his thumb. 

If the ladies ending up sucking just his thumb then he’s the unluckiest bloke since me on the day the brewery burst its banks and all I could find was a colander and a fork . 

On 21/04/2024 at 14:16, darra said:

Memories of a night game at Hillsborough against Toytown stood on the Kop. Backpass to Bolder, ball hit a divot in the area took a big deflection and went in the net. As bizarre own goal as you'll ever see.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) remember the night match v Millwall 73/74 season? 3-2 win for us and two own goals.

First was an Eric Potts cross that the keeper caught falling backwards into his own net.

Second was their defender under pressure from Brian Joicey (who really wasn't that close) sending a low curler into his own net from about 20-25 yards out.

Both of them in front of a delighted Kop (I was in the North west corner that night, my usual spot as an 11-15 year old).

3 minutes ago, Wednesdayitewastaken said:

Spoke to the ref today and he showed me the comms from the game. He was telling their keeper that if he use his hands to stop the ball going in the net it would not have been given as a foul and would be ok

And I would have been going f*cking nuts 🤣