So, what did the ref say to their Keeper?

2 minutes ago, Owl In Black said:

Yes pretty clear. 

A keeper handling offences is different to playing the ball a 2nd time after a restart. 

So if the goalkeeper handles the ball when it is deliberately kicked to him their is no disciplinary sanction. 

However, if he handles the ball in a 2nd touch offence it's not a handling offence, its for 2nd touch and so Denial of obvious goal scoring opportunity to stopping promising attack would apply. 

Not in this instance it wouldn’t 

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not in this instance it wouldn’t 

After the miss kick or before even he can parry or punch he but if he catches it then that’s a back pass 

Edited by OWLS1867OWLS

3 minutes ago, OWLS1867OWLS said:

If the keeper would have picked it up BEFORE he MISS KICKS thats a back pass

If he picks it up after he takes a touch ( miss kick) thats a backpass.

BUT by the rules of the game he can punch or parry the ball to stop a goal ( he can knock the ball away but not catch it. before or after he takes a touch or miss kick

Its only a back pass if he actually places both hands on the ball (catches it)

I take it you aren’t a referee…..if you are then you might want to read up on the laws of the game

Edited by Ian

3 hours ago, marshy said:

Just wondering what he said after the howler? 

WTF you done their lad?

Thas Reyt ballsed up kid.

Joking aside why he needed to say anything. I thought he explained if you’d have picked it up it would have been a back pass?

You did get the bet on, didn't you?

Just now, OWLS1867OWLS said:

After the miss kick or before even he can party or punch he but if he catches it then that’s a back pass 

If the ball is deliberately kicked to him by a team mate then he can't handle it at all..doing so is an indirect free kick and never a card. 

If he attempts to kick the ball to release it into play, then all restrictions on handling are lifted and he can pick it up

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

See my earlier post of law 12.2

Yes. I know what the law says I don't know what part of my post conflicts with that? 

Perhaps you are lacking the context of the post I was replying to

Edited by Owl In Black
Addition

6 minutes ago, Owl In Black said:

Yes pretty clear. 

However, if he handles the ball in a 2nd touch offence it's not a handling offence, its for 2nd touch and so Denial of obvious goal scoring opportunity to stopping promising attack would apply. 

Denial of obvious goalscoring opportunity and stopping a promising attack are 2 distinctly different things with different sanctions 

Just now, Ian said:

I take it you aren’t a referee…..if you are then you might want to read up on the laws of the game

A keeper in that situation CAN use his hand to stop a goal from a player on his side from a result of a pass. It is inly deemed a back pass when picked up directly from a pass.

A keeper can use one hand in this instance to parry or knock the ball away when a goal scoring opportunity exists.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Denial of obvious goalscoring opportunity and stopping a promising attack are 2 distinctly different things with different sanctions 

Sorry that was meant to say "or" and probably say "could apply"

I am aware they are totally different sanctions. 

1 minute ago, Owl In Black said:

Yes. I know what the law says I don't know what part of my post conflicts with that? 

Perhaps you are lacking the context of the post I was replying to

Your initial post did not cover what actually happened in the game, I.e that if he had picked it up after attempting to clear it then it would have been neither of your scenarios, it would have been play on 

A keeper in that situation CAN use his hand to stop a goal from a player on his side from a result of a pass. It is inly deemed a back pass when picked up directly from a pass.

A keeper can use one hand in this instance to parry or knock the ball away when a goal scoring opportunity exists.

This is plainly wrong. Sorry. 

The keeper can't touch the call with the hand in at all when it is deliberately kicked to him by a team mate.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Your initial post did not cover what actually happened in the game, I.e that if he had picked it up after attempting to clear it then it would have been neither of your scenarios, it would have been play on 

You are missing the context. 2nd touch is not applicable at all as it was a "pass back". 

I was replying to someone who was confused between the two provisions of pass back no sanction. And playing the ball a 2nd time being sanctioned

I've said all over the thread (think I was the 1st to point out the keeper could pick it up.)

Edited by Owl In Black

Just now, Owl In Black said:

You are missing the context. 2nd touch is not applicable at all as it was a "pass back". 

I was replying to someone who was confused between the two provisions of pass back no sanction. And playing the ball a 2nd time being sanctioned

Once he’d Attempted to clear it there was no back pass to be confused about 

Just now, Owl In Black said:

This is plainly wrong. Sorry. 

The keeper can't touch the call with the hand in at all when it is deliberately kicked to him by a team mate.

He can touch the ball to avoid a goal with one hand the law allows him to party the ball with ONE hand he only gets any punishment when he picks the red ball up 

He can touch the ball to avoid a goal with one hand the law allows him to party the ball with ONE hand he only gets any punishment when he picks the red ball up 

No it doesn't. And if you think it does... Post the law you are referring to. I can be 100% confident you won't be able to find this in law

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

FA rules for 23/24 season qualified ref and also been disgusted with an appointed prem ref.

He can parry the ball or knock away the ball with one hand 

Its only a back pass if he picks it up

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Once he’d Attempted to clear it there was no back pass to be confused about 

Correct. 

Go back to my original post and read the post I was replying to and then you might understand why I posted what I posted. 

We are not in disagreement about what happened, or the possible outcomes. 

1 minute ago, OWLS1867OWLS said:

FA rules for 23/24 season qualified ref and also been disgusted with an appointed prem ref.

He can parry the ball or knock away the ball with one hand 

Its only a back pass if he picks it up

Ok….you keep talking  about hypothetical things and I’ll continue on what happened in the game