So, what did the ref say to their Keeper?

27 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I don't think he should be saying anything to him at all.

The ref should be walking back preparing for the kick off, it's not his place to sympathise or explain anything.  It wasn't controversial at all.

I don't think refs should tell players  before a corner not to pull shirts either. If they see an offence it's a foul. 

Agree

i was seriously questioning it being disallowed 

ref should have been preparing for kick off not talking to keeper

16 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

I thought he was saying what would’ve happened if he’d caught it after the miskick. Red card and indirect free kick on six yard line, presumably? Bizarre spectacle either way.

Is this definitely what would have happened even though it was an accidental miskick? Can anyone clarify? 

Just now, MightyOwl said:

Is this definitely what would have happened even though it was an accidental miskick? Can anyone clarify? 

Not as far as I'm aware, no.

I think it would have been an indirect freekick on the 6 yard line and no further punishment for the 'keeper.

I could be wrong, though.

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I think it would have been an indirect freekick on the 6 yard line and no further punishment for the 'keeper.

You're right but with the standard of refs who knows what his decision would have been

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Whatever the punishment, it would have been better than conceding a goal. Bizzare he didn't pick it up. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nut said:

Whatever the punishment, it would have been better than conceding a goal. Bizzare he didn't pick it up. 

Yeah, he really should have just caught it to prevent it crossing the line.

Ah well, he'll know for next time, eh?

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nut said:

deliberate handball stopping a goal would probably be a red card

i have spoken to the guy who did the sign language for Nelson Mandelas funeral, apparently he does lip reading too.

he told me the ref said "i don't have to give post match interviews for my mistakes, but you're fooked mate"

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, duncanidaho said:

Don't think it would be handball, probably an indirect free kick, which would be very difficult to score from at that distance. Even if he got sent off, it's better than conceding a goal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nut said:

Don't think it would be handball, probably an indirect free kick, which would be very difficult to score from at that distance. Even if he got sent off, it's better than conceding a goal. 

pretty sure it would be handball....

Just now, duncanidaho said:

pretty sure it would be handball....

Can't see how a goalkeeper can be penalised for handball inside his own box. Never ever heard of that. I would think it would be the same punishment as picking up a back pass. Could maybe get a red for stopping a goalscoring opportunity? 

7 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been a handball.

It would just have been an indirect freekick on the six-yard line and no further punishment for the 'keeper.

• Thanks 1