Reading owner selling up…now for DC

7 hours ago, Alwaysletyoudown said:

Well done Reading fans.....

Us on the other hand....

We still have a small portion of fan's in the be  careful what you wish for camp...

The "its his money his club" camp

The "why dunt you put a bid in" camp

The "he's trying his best" camp

The "if he goes we're screwed" camp

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Still have not heard any rumours that anyone is interested in Wednesday.   The press lads have never picked up on anything, it's like there is no one willing to buy us.  

DC will still be the owner this time in two years.  Sadly the tragedy hangs around our necks and weighs on us. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alwaysletyoudown said:

Well done Reading fans.....

Us on the other hand....

We still have a small portion of fan's in the be  careful what you wish for camp...

They don't actually know what they are getting. Admittedly it would be hard for them to get as bad as Dai.

Hopefully a good person who missed out on Reading will divert his attention to us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Great for reading fans that have suffered this season and whose club was seriously in danger.

But comparison to chansiri is grossly unfair and not in same league.

are you careful what you wish for...................

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Still have not heard any rumours that anyone is interested in Wednesday.   The press lads have never picked up on anything, it's like there is no one willing to buy us.  

DC will still be the owner this time in two years.  Sadly the tragedy hangs around our necks and weighs on us. 

I can never tell if your posts are satire or just b*llocks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sykes said:

I can never tell if your posts are satire or just b*llocks.

The only time the club has been sold in my lifetime for serious money was DC, no one in the Western world was interested in buying the club, why are you so sure that there is a buyer out there?

A provincial club with little recognition outside its local area, in debt, needs a massive amount of investment on and off the pitch, and an owner looking to sell at a stupid price. 

Please tell me why someone would take us on.  

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The only time the club has been sold in my lifetime for serious money was DC, no one in the Western world was interested in buying the club, why are you so sure that there is a buyer out there?

A provincial club with little recognition outside its local area, in debt, needs a massive amount of investment on and off the pitch, and an owner looking to sell at a stupid price. 

Please tell me why someone would take us on.  

"provincial club with little recognition outside its local area". We're not Bradford Park Avenue

image.png.43e6eb18b0bfb650b94cf7202760ed79.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lowry said:

"provincial club with little recognition outside its local area". We're not Bradford Park Avenue

image.png.43e6eb18b0bfb650b94cf7202760ed79.png

Agree but the youngsters in the world outside of South Yorkshire have little knowledge of us and outside the country, we are known for the disaster.

Yes, I know you bumped into a bloke in Outer Mongolia who shouted Chris Waddle at you when wearing your Wednesday shirt.

I appeal to any multi-billionaires on the off chance they are reading this thread, please buy us, we have massive potential, and overall a very nice bunch.  

• Like 2

Reading fans actually did something, they took to the pitch during a match and got the game cancelled.

We on the other hand wave a few thousand yellow bits of paper, about 10 fans once threw some tennis balls on the pitch and one lad once talked about 2 seater Bentley's, nothing changes until we as a fanbase wake up and make it happen like the Reading fans have done.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nickswfc said:

I've still not seen compelling argument as to why DC would sell us, especially a deal that would see him realise substantial losses.

Other than sheer stubbornness or pride, what is actually in it for him?

He isn't going to succeed in his overall aim with the way he runs the football club.

I think for him and the club, the future would be better for both with him not owning it.

• Like 2

On 26/03/2024 at 16:30, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Great for reading fans that have suffered this season and whose club was seriously in danger.

But comparison to chansiri is grossly unfair and not in same league.

Wait till you have to make excuses about his lack of maintenance in the North and West stands and what it's going to cost now.

You're gonna be busy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Reading fans actually did something, they took to the pitch during a match and got the game cancelled.

We on the other hand wave a few thousand yellow bits of paper, about 10 fans once threw some tennis balls on the pitch and one lad once talked about 2 seater Bentley's, nothing changes until we as a fanbase wake up and make it happen like the Reading fans have done.

Said in the same paragraph while belittling the fans who've tried to do exactly that

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

you are assuming that’s the reason they are selling.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Other than sheer stubbornness or pride, what is actually in it for him?

He isn't going to succeed in his overall aim with the way he runs the football club.

I think for him and the club, the future would be better for both with him not owning it.

Agree. 

For reasons known only to Chansiri, he's spending millions every season to take a club, where isn't wanted,  backwards. 

He may own the assets of the business, but he isn't and never will be part of the Wednesday family, now increasingly isolated with a dwindling minority trying to justify his continued stewardship.

• Like 3

DC will not own the club two or three years down the road. Courtesy of the new IFR and the regime they are putting in he will either sell up and go for whatever he can get or the Regulators will force him out and put Trustees in to run the club.

He's to stubborn to comply with the new raft of regulations coming his way so one way or another he will be forced out of the picture.

2 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

DC will not own the club two or three years down the road. Courtesy of the new IFR and the regime they are putting in he will either sell up and go for whatever he can get or the Regulators will force him out and put Trustees in to run the club.

He's to stubborn to comply with the new raft of regulations coming his way so one way or another he will be forced out of the picture.

Not a chance in hell that happens he only leaves by selling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Agree. 

For reasons known only to Chansiri, he's spending millions every season to take a club, where isn't wanted,  backwards. 

He may own the assets of the business, but he isn't and never will be part of the Wednesday family, now increasingly isolated with a dwindling minority trying to justify his continued stewardship.

Yeah, I don't see any reason for him to carry on other than sheer pride.

If there really aren't any bidders then OK, that's a different matter but I don't know if that's the case or not.

I get that he'd want what HE values it at (which from what to see and hear is way more than it's realistically worth) and that's the sticking point.

I still think the shame factor is the best way forward. DC is clearly a proud man and the idea that he has royally f*cked owning Sheffield Wednesday up probably isn't something that he wants put about everywhere. It's why I think the banners and leaflets have been much more effective than anything that stops the football being played. Pitch invasions and getting games suspended I think make it easier for him to turn it back on the fans which we really could do without.

• Like 1