Reading owner selling up…now for DC

8 minutes ago, Rogers said:

We are still don’t have a transfer strategy, stadium investment, training ground investment, we are terrible commercially, etc. 

We clearly have a transfer strategy.

Other areas I agree, but again protesting doesn't mean these things are instantly corrected. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

We clearly have a transfer strategy.

Other areas I agree, but again protesting doesn't mean these things are instantly corrected. 

Yep, we do. Loans and free transfers; a lot of loan players that are garbage that can’t even get into the registered squad. The manager needs to beg the chairman for any improvements, there’s no joined up thinking on transfer policy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Yep, we do. Loans and free transfers; a lot of loan players that are garbage that can’t even get into the registered squad. The manager needs to beg the chairman for any improvements, there’s no joined up thinking on transfer policy. 

Right okay

I just read that as glass half empty tbh

Can you see any positives from our transfer business this season?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

protesting doesn't mean these things are instantly corrected.  

That's the spirit

Defeatism

That's the way forward

I'm joining your clan today
Together we can be defeatist and achieve nothing and then laugh at all those suckers who want improvement at their club

Let's see if we can recruit any others

Maybe those people who keep saying 'careful what you wish for' etc? They'd be great for our cause as they're cowardly defeatists too!

And those who say 'I can't see anyone lining up to buy the club' - they'll surely join our defeatist club as they've already given up on life itself by the sounds of it

And we can try the 'are the protestors going to line up a new buyer then?' as they're about as defeatist and cuckold as it comes so we can recruit them into our defeatist cult squad

JOIN THE DEFEATIST CULT SQUAD TODAY!!

DCS - 'TOGETHER WE WILL NEVER BE SUCCESSES'

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's the spirit

Defeatism

That's the way forward

I'm joining your clan today
Together we can be defeatist and achieve nothing and then laugh at all those suckers who want improvement at their club

Let's see if we can recruit any others

Maybe those people who keep saying 'careful what you wish for' etc? They'd be great for our cause as they're cowardly defeatists too!

And those who say 'I can't see anyone lining up to buy the club' - they'll surely join our defeatist club as they've already given up on life itself by the sounds of it

And we can try the 'are the protestors going to line up a new buyer then?' as they're about as defeatist and cuckold as it comes so we can recruit them into our defeatist cult squad

JOIN THE DEFEATIST CULT SQUAD TODAY!!

DCS - 'TOGETHER WE WILL NEVER BE SUCCESSES'

Yep 

So let's just whinge and moan without a solution

Create more problems with zero ideas

Play victim and make overly emotional statements about "killing the club"

That'll show the fanboys

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nickswfc said:

😆😆

you know full well that isn't what I'm saying

I know what you were saying.

But wouldn’t you agree that when bringing players in, any successful strategy should marry up the players being bought in with the style of play and tactics of the head coach.

Instead we got 3 points from a possible 33 and Röhl has had to come in and work miracles with the group of players he inherited.

Don’t try to kid yourself and others however that our transfer dealings in the summer were part of some “master plan” by Chansiri, they weren’t.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

But wouldn’t you agree that when bringing players in, any successful strategy should marry up the players being bought in with the style of play and tactics of the head coach.

Instead we got 3 points from a possible 33 and Röhl has had to come in and work miracles with the group of players he inherited.

Don’t try to kid yourself and others however that our transfer dealings in the summer were part of some “master plan” by Chansiri, they weren’t.

I don't think it's a masterplan or a moneyball-esque type of strategy.

But I think we can all see a strategy when looking at the age profile of a lot of signings, that we're focussing on younger players we can develop and sell on, diverting our budget mainly towards wages.

It's what Chansiri should've done all along rather than spaffing it on big money players 27+ - but I'm saying this now with the benefit of hindsight knowing we didn't make it to the Prem. 

It was difficult to do in League 1 given we all probably agreed to a "let's just get the f out of this division asap" (I know the obvious retort to this is Chansiri's part in getting us relegated in the first place).

But we've gotta start somewhere, if we can scrape safety this season and do similar business in the summer I think we can be very optimistic about next season.

Edited by nickswfc

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri DOESN'T

That set me thinking and I cant come up with a chairman/owner weve had in the last 60 years  who did .chansiri is just the latest in a long line ...imo it's the  main reason the club as achieved very little success in my lifetime 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Anyway I'm off for some early pre match beers now so I'll wish you all a good day

UTO

Have a good one mate
And respect to you for the way you debate - it's refreshing to have a mature conversation

👍🏻

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, nickswfc said:

Yep 

So let's just whinge and moan without a solution

Create more problems with zero ideas

Play victim and make overly emotional statements about "killing the club"

That'll show the fanboys

I wonder if you would have said that to Rosa Parks back in the day if you were on the bus with her

Or to Nelson Mandela when he started his protests?

Or maybe the suffragettes?

Or the miners as they embarked on their miners strikes against Thatcher?

etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

Nothing will really Change until

Chansiri leaves but for this to happen someone will have to pay him what he wants and what’s the chances of that happening?

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

15 hours ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

I would love to see Pato back, he is no Messi but FFS he puts in a shift, we need his commitment to get us over the line.

1 hour ago, nickswfc said:

I don't think it's a masterplan or a moneyball-esque type of strategy.

But I think we can all see a strategy when looking at the age profile of a lot of signings, that we're focussing on younger players we can develop and sell on, diverting our budget mainly towards wages.

It's what Chansiri should've done all along rather than spaffing it on big money players 27+ - but I'm saying this now with the benefit of hindsight knowing we didn't make it to the Prem. 

It was difficult to do in League 1 given we all probably agreed to a "let's just get the f out of this division asap" (I know the obvious retort to this is Chansiri's part in getting us relegated in the first place).

But we've gotta start somewhere, if we can scrape safety this season and do similar business in the summer I think we can be very optimistic about next season.

I would agree that the future looks much brighter if we stay in this division and keep Röhl........ Only problem is we have a half baked fc ukwit as owner who has the gift of turning everything he touches to sh 1 t.

Edited by Marro
  • Like 1