Reading owner selling up…now for DC

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Not a chance in hell that happens he only leaves by selling.

Read the new regulations. If it becomes law (which it will due to the level of cross party support), then failure to comply means that is exactly what happens.

22 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Other than sheer stubbornness or pride, what is actually in it for him?

He isn't going to succeed in his overall aim with the way he runs the football club.

I think for him and the club, the future would be better for both with him not owning it.

He's appointed a potentially best manager we've had in decades, we have young players coming through that could be profitable sales in coming years, within 2-3 years IFR will be in place likely with a fairer distribution model and spending limits based on income which will mean we don't need £10m per year owner funding.

Be silly to sell unless he got a big offer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

He's appointed a potentially best manager we've had in decades, we have young players coming through that could be profitable sales in coming years, within 2-3 years IFR will be in place likely with a fairer distribution model and spending limits based on income which will mean we don't need £10m per year owner funding.

He's never really sold players for value though, has he? What makes you think he will change?

He has appointed Danny and fair play for that, but has he done it as part of a wider change in plan? Or has he done it because that was the last thing he hadn't tried? What is the plan if Danny was to leave in the summer?

Is he going to listen to Danny and attempt to improve facilities?

What is the plan if we are relegated this season?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Read the new regulations. If it becomes law (which it will due to the level of cross party support), then failure to comply means that is exactly what happens.

Read it all mate, discussed it with an owner at another EFL club about what it will mean in practice, that's a last resort scenario he's done nothing that would be close to getting to that point.

Not saying he's a "good" owner at all, his ticketing policy is rediculous as his his PR, but he's not like the reading guy that basically stopped paying after they got in EFL trouble with FFP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

He's never really sold players for value though, has he? What makes you think he will change?

He has appointed Danny and fair play for that, but has he done it as part of a wider change in plan? Or has he done it because that was the last thing he hadn't tried? What is the plan if Danny was to leave in the summer?

Is he going to listen to Danny and attempt to improve facilities?

What is the plan if we are relegated this season?

Not saying he's perfect he's an embarrassment at times but only pointing out he's not anywhere near as bad as reading guy.

Summer will be very telling if we stay up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Read it all mate, discussed it with an owner at another EFL club about what it will mean in practice, that's a last resort scenario he's done nothing that would be close to getting to that point.

Not saying he's a "good" owner at all, his ticketing policy is rediculous as his his PR, but he's not like the reading guy that basically stopped paying after they got in EFL trouble with FFP.

He's going to be the IFR's number one target, look at his score on the new regulatory guidelines (21% wasn't it) and they will want to make an example of someone to show that the regulations have real teeth. He's in for a rough ride unless he changes tack rapidly (we all know he won't because his pride won't allow it). So either he sells for a reasonable price or if Trustees come in he completely loses control and they are effectively selling a distressed asset.

Admittedly he would retain the stadium (doubtless out of spite) and we'd probably be forced to look for a new home but that is not an insurmountable problem in the long term.

3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

He's going to be the IFR's number one target, look at his score on the new regulatory guidelines (21% wasn't it) and they will want to make an example of someone to show that the regulations have real teeth. He's in for a rough ride unless he changes tack rapidly (we all know he won't because his pride won't allow it). So either he sells for a reasonable price or if Trustees come in he completely loses control and they are effectively selling a distressed asset.

Admittedly he would retain the stadium (doubtless out of spite) and we'd probably be forced to look for a new home but that is not an insurmountable problem in the long term.

Think your getting confused what the IFRs priority will be and what they will be doing in practice, only way he goes is if he sells., no way he gets anywhere near that stage.

There will still be lots of owners that fans don't like that will own clubs up and down the country. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Not saying he's perfect he's an embarrassment at times but only pointing out he's not anywhere near as bad as reading guy.

Summer will be very telling if we stay up.

Well I don't remember saying he was "as bad as the Reading guy". It isn't really relevant.

Both are bad football owners.

There isn't any proper argument for Chansiri to carry on as owner of Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Other than sheer stubbornness or pride, what is actually in it for him?

He isn't going to succeed in his overall aim with the way he runs the football club.

I think for him and the club, the future would be better for both with him not owning it.

Nice to get a response from someone that wasn't just a laughing emoji.

I do agree stubborness and pride will be a factor.

But he's in for what, £100m+? I think he'll rather keep the club ticking over, giving the manager a decent wage budget and losing £5m per year for the forseeable in the hope we hit the big time, rather than selling for a huge cut price.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Completely agree

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

But he's in for what, £100m+? I think he'll rather keep the club ticking over, giving the manager a decent wage budget and losing £5m per year for the forseeable in the hope we hit the big time, rather than selling for a huge cut price.

This bloke doesn't provide any decent budget for the manager to work with...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Agreed on the wages 

But you've got to pay the fees for that extra quality to really get you competitive at the business end of the table....

Won't disagree with that

Ideally he'd use up all his FFP wiggleroom of £5-£6m or so in fees.

But I think he's taken the approach of signing younger players with resale value, with a view to spending fees at a later date. I see the logic, although iI concede it could backfire if we don't stay up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

And that there, is the problem. He hasn't learned since the failed attempts of 15/16 and 16/17.

Just hoping that at some point we'll accidentally sh*t the golden egg.

That isn't the way to do it. It might have worked 15 years ago, not now.

He'll only lose more money, more respect and increase the anger directed towards him.

• Like 1

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

And that there, is the problem. He hasn't learned since the failed attempts of 15/16 and 16/17.

Just hoping that at some point we'll accidentally sh*t the golden egg.

That isn't the way to do it. It might have worked 15 years ago, not now.

He'll only lose more money, more respect and increase the anger directed towards him.

I don't see the comparison to 2015-2017. He took a gamble and it didn't pay off, now he is just ticking things over.

The anger will go away if we stop up and keep making shrewd signings, ideally with keeping Röhl for at least a couple more seasons.

3 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

I don't see the comparison to 2015-2017. He took a gamble and it didn't pay off, now he is just ticking things over.

The anger will go away if we stop up and keep making shrewd signings, ideally with keeping Röhl for at least a couple more seasons.

He put everything on red and it came up black. I wasn't comparing it in the sense of the same process. I was just making the point that if the aim is still get to the Premier League without a proper plan then he's learned nothing.

The anger might abate a bit if we stay up, that's only natural. But the general feeling I don't think has changed since Covid, we need a change in owner. Before the summer I could have argued that it was still better for Chansiri to change his approach but I don't see that as an option now. He's ruined the momentum we have from coming up. Yes, he's appointed DR but as I said before, I don't see that as him changing his approach but more the last throw of the dice.

That is before we get onto the number of off the field incidents that just make you look at the club and sigh.

14 hours ago, Big Jack said:

Who is paying DRs and his teams wages let alone paying off previous incumbents?

DC said he was skint, its not like him to be economical with the truth.🤔

He said "cashflow issues"

And then paid the bill a day later

So I'd take from that that either the cashflow issues were resolved or it was posturing all along, either way he never said he was skint.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1