Yes, without a doubt. 

I had the Barnsley game down as a loss;  they were going like a train and it was a cup final for them. 

I thought we would then patch ourselves up and respond with a convincing victory against an out of their depth FGR side. 

As others as said, we looked like we could just turn up and be handed the 3 points. We made them look like world beaters. 

I think after that result the confidence just drained from the players, and our opponents saw we could be ' got at'. 

I was there.

We played like we were hungover. 

Possibly the worst performance ive ever seen from an SWFC side. 

Thankfully we had a happy ending. I ******** dread going back to poxy grounds like that again next season. 

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

I was actually ok after Barnsley. We played ok that night and should have won. 

Agreed. Freak result really. The next 4 games were disgraceful though, poor performances against 4 teams we should have beaten.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

_129148451_shutterstock_editorial_13846151di.jpg.7adb91fa9e87e159106a187f507538b9.jpg

Was this the game that stopped us winning the league last season?

single handedly the most angry I have ever been watching wednesday, watched it on sky but so furious with the performance i was punching the sofa!!!

I actually thought the players threw this game after DC's dressing room antics

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

single handedly the most angry I have ever been watching wednesday, watched it on sky but so furious with the performance i was punching the sofa!!!

I actually thought the players threw this game after DC's dressing room antics

It's s good job he made up for it with his inspirational speech pre-Peterborough, eh?

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BIG D said:

Weren’t we 2 down at Cheltenham as well? 

IMG_5285.jpeg.fb7592e020af3ad6cc2aa9847b1abd0d.jpeg

Vaulks hit the post with the last kick of the match. 

If that goes in... we still finish 3rd but on goal difference. 

I might remember this wrong but I think we had one cleared off the line in injury time against Lincoln too. Plus the dodgy penalty at Oxford. I'm sure all clubs have similar grumbles but it did feel like our luck was out. 

Then Peterborough and Wembley! 

52 minutes ago, mattowl1867 said:

yeah… you can’t have form like that over eight games and go up as Champions in any league!

Ouch

🤣🫣

Rotherham had a run of taking seven points from eight games almost exactly a year earlier, yet they still went up automatically.

The difference is they didn't have Ipswich and Plymouth hitting unprecedented form at the same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Rotherham had a run of taking seven points from eight games almost exactly a year earlier, yet they still went up automatically.

The difference is they didn't have Ipswich and Plymouth hitting unprecedented form at the same time.

Fair enough, I wasn’t going to check out any stats before I posted what I did! 

9 hours ago, BIG D said:

I was actually ok after Barnsley. We played ok that night and should have won. 

We did play well and we at least deserved a point.

We got the last laugh on them though big time.

We beat Portsmouth, Charlton and Peterborough 1-0 in the 3 games that preceded the draw against Bolton and our performances were far from convincing... it felt like we were really riding our luck at the time. 

I remember thinking that titles are won when you can dig out those tight victories when you're not playing well. 

Then, those slightly disappointing performances got worse and worse and worse.... culminating in a 4-0 hammering in the first play off semi final. 🤢

That capitulation was criminal really.

It's amazing how the miracle night and a last ditch play off final goal can completely erase memories. 

1 minute ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

We beat Portsmouth, Charlton and Peterborough 1-0 in the 3 games that preceded the draw against Bolton and our performances were far from convincing... it felt like we were really riding our luck at the time. 

I remember thinking that titles are won when you can dig out those tight victories when you're not playing well. 

Then, those slightly disappointing performances got worse and worse and worse.... culminating in a 4-0 hammering in the first play off semi final. 🤢

That capitulation was criminal really.

It's amazing how the miracle night and a last ditch play off final goal can completely erase memories. 

To be fair, after the Burton game we won our last 4 league matches so went into the play offs in form ( results wise ) 

We had a blip and yes it cost us the autos, but I wouldn’t swap it if I could.

It would have been a travesty if we hadn’t got promoted with 96 points.

The right 3 teams got promoted.

• Like 1