I think there were 3 or 4 in a row that stopped us winning the league, let alone getting automatic qualification.

If you want one game to highlight, it's Chansiri's 9 year and counting game he's playing with our great club. I assume that's what he thinks it is anyway.

• Like 3

Of course I wouldn't have sniffed at winning the league.

But think vast majority of Wednesday fans would say how Wednesday got promoted last season was better.

Probably never experience seeing a list minute winner at Wembley again if I live to be 1000.

Its what went the few weeks after the play off win that means we might be in League 1 again next season.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Yep, i went to the Forest Green and Cheltenham games.   To only get 1 point from those fixtures was bad.  The fact FGR was the lowest placed side in the league we'd ever lost to in our history, might suggest it was a bad result and a game we should have won,  which would have got us automatic promotion in the end.  

• Like 1

It was really bad but these things happen. Personally I thought the defeat at Burton more disappointing. We'd just about got ourselves back on track by then, points wise if not performance wise, and a win at Buxton would have been enough.

But as others have said, a blessing in disguise. It's unlikely that anything as exciting as those playoffs will happen for us in my lifetime.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Of course I wouldn't have sniffed at winning the league.

But think vast majority of Wednesday fans would say how Wednesday got promoted last season was better.

Probably never experience seeing a list minute winner at Wembley again if I live to be 1000.

Its what went the few weeks after the play off win that means we might be in League 1 again next season.

I loved the way the season ended with the play offs and glad it panned out as it did in the end but from Forest Green to Peterborough away I was livid with how we through it away. I don't want to see us in League 1 again but feel that's the only way I'll see us win a league title. 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep, i went to the Forest Green and Cheltenham games.   To only get 1 point from those fixtures was bad.  The fact FGR was the lowest placed side in the league we'd ever lost to in our history, might suggest it was a bad result and a game we should have won,  which would have got us automatic promotion in the end.  

It was that run of games that followed where we were dropping points at an alarming rate. Just two wins from the next 3 and we'd have done it still. I feel the Forest Green game knocked us for 6 tbh

16 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I would imagine the 7pts we dropped against plymouth and ipswich  played a bigger part in us finishing 3 rd  than losing to FGR.

I'm not sure. Didn't they also drop points against us? The difference was they found a way to beat the likes of FGR, Cheltenham ect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

We'd just about got ourselves back on track by then, points wise if not performance wise, and a win at Buxton would have been enough.

I would've hoped we'd have got a result against them, seeing as they're in National League North...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Possibly one of the worse performances I’ve seen and that’s saying something. Something was up that day. 

Yep. 

Watching on Sky and turning to my mate after about 10 minutes and saying something was off. 

We looked so lethargic and off it. 

I couldn't believe what I was watching tbh. From still being confident after Barnsley I thought we'd blown it. 

Which in reality we had. The end of season was just ridiculous though.