3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

To be fair, after the Burton game we won our last 4 league matches so went into the play offs in form ( results wise ) 

We had a blip and yes it cost us the autos, but I wouldn’t swap it if I could.

It would have been a travesty if we hadn’t got promoted with 96 points.

The right 3 teams got promoted.

They did indeed. 

Two if the three had squads that were far better than the rest. Of the three, only one had most of a squad that was only relegated from the Championship due to a points deduction and maintained one of the highest budgets in the division.

Plymouth punched well above their weight.

5 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

To be fair, after the Burton game we won our last 4 league matches so went into the play offs in form ( results wise ) 

We had a blip and yes it cost us the autos, but I wouldn’t swap it if I could.

It would have been a travesty if we hadn’t got promoted with 96 points.

The right 3 teams got promoted.

Yeah, the first leg of the semis was a complete one-off, too. Everything that could go against pretty much did: a howler from Dawson, a massively deflected second, and then we pushed forward trying to get back into it, fluffed all our chances and got caught twice more.

Usually when you're on the receiving end of a 4-0 scoreline, you've been played off the park, but when you look at the facts of the game, you can see just how unlucky we were on the night.

There can't be too many games in which the team with an xg of 2.27 score zero whilst the team with the xg of 1.58 score four!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, the first leg of the semis was a complete one-off, too. Everything that could go against pretty much did: a howler from Dawson, a massively deflected second, and then we pushed forward trying to get back into it, fluffed all our chances and got caught twice more.

Usually when you're on the receiving end of a 4-0 scoreline, you've been played off the park, but when you look at the facts of the game, you can see just how unlucky we were on the night.

There can't be too many games in which the team with an xg of 2.27 score zero whilst the team with the xg of 1.58 score four!

I have erased most of that game from my memory tbh. I do remember thinking the scoreline was harsh on us though. The fans singing you’re not fit to wear the shirt was harsh but probably done more out of frustration.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

They did indeed. 

Two if the three had squads that were far better than the rest. Of the three, only one had most of a squad that was only relegated from the Championship due to a points deduction and maintained one of the highest budgets in the division.

Plymouth punched well above their weight.

And only 1 had Darren Moore at the wheel.

22 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Peterborough missed a sitter to make it 5-0 and that gave us a slight chance which we took

We were in good form at the start of the year but by this point some of the players were dead on their feet and injuries were kicking in.

We needed extra bodies in the transfer window to give us the extra push to get over the line. 

The players gave their last bit of everything they had in the two play off games 

No.

Lincoln at home finished it for me.

Burton away then killed the automatic dream.

Forest Green stands out because of where both teams were in the league and it was on Sky and towards the end of the season. If we'd lost there in September then nobody would have thought about it. Similar to the previous season's defeat to Morecambe.