Sunderland 'interested' in appointing Sheffield Wednesday manager Danny Röhl

The only way he’ll stay is if Chansiri puts the club up for sale IMO; as continued life under Chansiri with no investment in any area of the club will not be tolerated. 

• Like 9

If DC sells and goes he may stay - anything else and he will be on his way out pretty swiftly I think.

DC’s methods and style aren't suited to football club ownership in any shape or form - we are a non starter for any young ambitious manager..ironically the very type of manager we need here

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I think another thing that will attract other clubs is it's highly likely he will arrive with his excellent backroom staff in tow..

Edited by Almat
  • Like 3

Not a surprise is it...

We need an owner who he can feel will back him and who knows what he's doing.

He's worshipped by the supporters but would you stay if Chansiri was your boss...

Another reason to up the protests ASAP!!!

• Like 5

Sunderland have ambitions to get back to the Premier League, the rate of managers they've gone through this season shows mid-table isn't accepted, even if Röhl keeps us up, he'd have to seriously consider it. Always a difficult job there though, just like it is here. Arguably two of the most difficult clubs to manage in this country. 

• Like 3

The Star has read this forum and made a clickbait story. 

There's literally no evidence of Sunderland being interested apart from people on here guessing he will leave, and because they don't have a manager. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, the football is improved tenfold, but the idolisation is a bit over the top. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I suppose it’s better to have a manager other clubs would be interested in than one who we want rid of . What I would say is no matter the problems at the club the relationship he has with the fans will be hard to find anywhere else . We appreciate what he has done but that wouldn’t be the case everywhere , that said I still think chansiri will force him out with his incompetence 

Unfortunately I think we will have to get used to these reports and uncertainty.  Our Danny will soon be a very hot commodity.  

If only our leader had invested so wisely in the playing staff.

6 minutes ago, Highowl said:

Unfortunately I think we will have to get used to these reports and uncertainty.  Our Danny will soon be a very hot commodity.  

If only our leader had invested so wisely in the playing staff.

Again, I like the man, but why is he "very hot commodity"? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1