Sunderland 'interested' in appointing Sheffield Wednesday manager Danny Röhl

6 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Again, I like the man, but why is he "very hot commodity"? 

I think it's to do with his stellar CV as an assistant and the fact in horse racing terms he seems to have 'trained on' and made a real fist of being a manager (many superb assistants fail as managers).

No club seemed to want to take a risk (he was available on the market long before Chansiri went for him). I suspect the risk element has largely been taken out of it...

7 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Might be a bigger risk of him going with Hansi Flick to Barcelona or Manchester utd....he has plenty of time to be a manager 

He clearly wants to be the main man now and demonstrably loves the adulation from the fans. Assistants don't tend to get that. Not sure no matter what the club is he would want to go back to being an assistant again. 

Just now, Almat said:

I think it's to do with his stellar CV as an assistant and the fact in horse racing terms he seems to have 'trained on' and made a real fist of being a manager (many superb assistants fail as managers).

No club seemed to want to take a risk (he was available on the market long before Chansiri went for him). I suspect the risk element has largely been taken out of it...

Fair. That doesn't make him very hot commodity though. 

The Brighton boss is hot commodity. Doing at the highest level and playing decent football.

We've moved one place up since he took charge and still favourites to get relegated. 

Again please don't read this as some kind of complaint, but the way we fans are bigging him up, to me just shows how much crap we've put up with beforehand. 

I'm guessing as a Sunderland fan you'd look and be pretty nonplussed. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Furious George said:

Fair. That doesn't make him very hot commodity though. 

The Brighton boss is hot commodity. Doing at the highest level and playing decent football.

We've moved one place up since he took charge and still favourites to get relegated. 

Again please don't read this as some kind of complaint, but the way we fans are bigging him up, to me just shows how much crap we've put up with beforehand. 

I'm guessing as a Sunderland fan you'd look and be pretty nonplussed. 

It's all relative though. He's not Klopp or Guardiola hot of course but I would suggest at the level he's currently operating in he's at least very warm 😄

Ps I remember the previous Brighton manager being a hot property but that didn't turn out great .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Almat said:

It's all relative though. He's not Klopp or Guardiola hot of course but I would suggest at the level he's currently operating in he's at least very warm 😄

Ps I remember the previous Brighton manager being a hot property but that didn't turn out great .

Humid at best! 

Get what you're saying though and I really love what he's done and his philosophy, but not sure other teams fans will see him that way. 

Anyway, he'll still be here next season in my opinion, he's on a very good ride regardless what division we're in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

They must have heard Röhl speaking about the facilities here when he did his 'COME AND GET ME" interview the other day

Yep. Danny has been a bit vocal lately. It's clearly turned to bobbar behind the scenes. Like it always does with DC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deano said:

Maybe I'm been naive but I don't think Röhl will jump ship if we're still in the championship next season, he will realise he's onto a good thing at swfc (in terms of support) and seek to build rather than leave for marginal gains. 

I tend to agree 

• Like 1

Just now, Pastor Kidneys said:

Why not!

Bigger club. Bigger crowds. Better infrastructure. Not quite the lunatic ownership we have.

Seems ideal for an up and coming coach.

Sadly, I have to agree with you - and, if he manages to keep us up, his reputation and attractiveness to other clubs 

will only increase.

1 minute ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

Why not!

Bigger club. Bigger crowds. Better infrastructure. Not quite the lunatic ownership we have.

Seems ideal for an up and coming coach.

He would be sacked in 6 months,they go through managers worse than anybody..

6 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

He would be sacked in 6 months,they go through managers worse than anybody..

Isn't Danny Chansiri's 8th manager? Hardly a job for life....

37 minutes ago, Almat said:

Sorry mate, I only checked the first page and saw nothing. 

No, not the published story.

There was another thread talking about Röhl jumping ship in the summer and I suggested Sunderland as a possible destination. Pure speculation on my part.

Just laughing at the fact it's now appeared in the Star a day later. 

• Like 2

Just now, SiJ said:

No, not the published story.

There was another thread talking about Röhl jumping ship in the summer and I suggested Sunderland as a possible destination. Pure speculation on my part.

Just laughing at the fact it's now appeared in the Star a day later. 

Looking back it looks like this first appeared in iNews then was picked up by Sunderland Echo then The Star. Sloppy thirds 😄

1 hour ago, Furious George said:

The Star has read this forum and made a clickbait story. 

There's literally no evidence of Sunderland being interested apart from people on here guessing he will leave, and because they don't have a manager. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, the football is improved tenfold, but the idolisation is a bit over the top. 

I don’t think it is over the top - he’s worked wonders with no investment and if he goes it will very likely be another completely random journeyman.  

Having said that, we’ll most likely be in league 1 which is so toilet we should be in with a reasonable chance of promotion regardless, so in that respect you’re right, the idolising is a bit OTT.  

• Like 1