Sunderland 'interested' in appointing Sheffield Wednesday manager Danny Röhl

The only hope we have is that the rapport he’s built with the fans keeps him here a bit longer

A quick bit of research will tell him that Sunderland fans are some of the biggest flouncers and drama queens in the land 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Almat said:

As I said earlier in the thread, this originally appeared in iNews, then Sunderland Echo picked up on it and lastly The Star so can't agree about them stirring it again. 

People who post stuff like ‘the Star is stirring it’ have clearly been lobotomised 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

If DC doesn’t sell up sooner rather than later then of course Danny will leave. And frankly I don’t blame him. I just hope he stays until the end of next season (assuming that’s his contract duration). He can do a lot of good for us in that timeframe IMO. Beyond that good luck to him wherever he lands. He’s clearly a top bloke and a terrific coach. Why the hell would he stay here to work for DC? 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

People who post stuff like ‘the Star is stirring it’ have clearly been lobotomised 

Why? Not like a ‘Newspaper ‘ to stir things to get clicks or for people to read their crap is it 

• Like 2

He’ll be off in the summer.

Sunderland have better facilities, bigger support and more money. They also don’t have Chansiri

Outside of blue tinted specs it’s a pretty easy choice.

Whether it’s Sunderland or someone else, I doubt he’ll be here for next season.

• Like 4

If we go down he's going to go for sure. If we stay up can see him insisting on investment from the owner or he'll move elsewhere so ultimately any choice made by DR will be down to our stupid ownere. He's got a good set up of staff with him now so wherever he goes he'll take them with him too. We could be back to square one (or even minus) very soon with the number of players leaving too at the end of the season. The value of the club is very low currently as our playing squad value is not very high. If the owner sells, he needs to be sensible with his estimations.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2024 at 09:39, OneManBand said:

Star article this morning he's saying it would be good to do pre season in Germany, so sounds like he's planning on being here next season.

I remember Bruce and Moore talked about next season's plans too, things have a happen of changing quickly when folk have to work with Chansiri 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Good players and good managers will always be linked with other clubs.

Exactly. 

When we stay up, there is no point going from SWFC to Sunderland. There are as many risks as gains. Equally, I genuinely believe we will be competing for the playoffs next season with him at the helm. When he makes his next move it will be to a Premier division club. Probably in Germany or someone like Brentford.

17 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Exactly. 

When we stay up, there is no point going from SWFC to Sunderland. There are as many risks as gains. Equally, I genuinely believe we will be competing for the playoffs next season with him at the helm. When he makes his next move it will be to a Premier division club. Probably in Germany or someone like Brentford.

Play offs is a big call. We would need a lot of luck in the free transfer and loan market!

• Like 2