Remember this from Roland?

I remember it well. As an eternal pessimist even I thought we were on our way to wembley after that never to be forgotten night at ewood park.

Then the best right back in the world does that !

So relieved to see it bounce OFF the post.

Phew!

• Like 1

I'm not having that, there's no way it happened that quickly in real life! I was on the Kop and the whole thing happened in slow motion, it took an absolute age to hit the post after it went past Woods. I'm sure the bloke next to me went to the bog and it was still heading towards the goal when he came back. 

Same with Brunt's long-range goal at Leeds, it was in the air forever at the game, on video it looks normal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When I saw the title this is the thing I thought about. We used to be right in the top of the Kop at the South Stand end and saw it all the way. The goal by Hirst with the assist by Waddle in that game is right up there as one of my favourite Wednesday goals. 

Just trying to give them a glimmer after being absolutely swept off the park in the first leg.

For a spell of about 20-25 in that game NO team would have lived with us .

Probably the best I've ever seen us play.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Back Pass Roland said:

Chris Woods fault 100%. Poor positioning and slow anticipation.

You must really dislike Woods! 

He probably didn't expect a world class player to pass it 10 yards from him, on his own goal. (Sun played a part I think. I was on kop and it was a weird kick off time).

18 minutes ago, Rance McGraw said:

Just trying to give them a glimmer after being absolutely swept off the park in the first leg.

For a spell of about 20-25 in that game NO team would have lived with us .

Probably the best I've ever seen us play.

I was there that night. I was in the RAF at the time and had travelled 500 miles to be at the game. We blew em away didn't we. What a night. 

• Like 1

It was lovely bit of skill , a one two with the post , Woods onto King and off on the attack we go.

A lesson in how to play out from the back , Guardiola eat your heart out 🤣

• Haha 1

Yes, after what was one of the most outstanding performances I’ve ever seen as a Wednesday fan in the first leg, I remember us looking rather nervous in the early stages of this game… until the legend that is David Hirst put the tie to bed.

Edited by TrickyTrev