Remember this from Roland?

Was talking about this with my dad the other day. Remember it like it was yesterday! Thanks for posting this. He’s in hospital at the moment and this vid will cheer him up no end 😎

On 15/03/2024 at 11:12, BIG D said:

When I saw the title this is the thing I thought about. We used to be right in the top of the Kop at the South Stand end and saw it all the way. The goal by Hirst with the assist by Waddle in that game is right up there as one of my favourite Wednesday goals. 

I was the same when I saw the title!. Bizarre as he was such a great player that if someone asked me one thing in particular about Roland Nilsson it is this backpass! Probably because he didn't score many goals or did anything particularly flash.

Absolute genius pass back to the keeper. Perfect weight and line given  the bumpy goal mouth and it dropped nicely for Woods to pass it to Kingy. Woods just made it look bad because he was half asleep and not reading the game properly.

22 hours ago, WimJunk said:

You must really dislike Woods! 

He probably didn't expect a world class player to pass it 10 yards from him, on his own goal. (Sun played a part I think. I was on kop and it was a weird kick off time).

To enjoy this forum it helps to have a good grasp of irony and not take all posts at face value.

At that time I do not think that there were Korean players in England, so Sun could not have played a part in this game.