Premier League 23/24

Man City for a  fourth Premiership title in a row, which would be a record I believe.

They have lost one or two key players but have bought really well again, I can’t see past them.

The bottom three will include Sheffield United and Luton with Bournemouth possibly joining them.

Liverpool and Chelsea should be pretty strong if they get going. 

City will probably win the league.

Man U need a forward, I wonder if Levy wouldn’t sell Kane to them. 

Don’t think Arsenal have enough without a striker, Havertz isn’t the answer IMO 

As long as the pigs go down it’s all good. 2 other stale clubs too would be ok. 

Can’t see anyone other than City from last seasons top 4 doing too much in the champions league 

I've a feeling Arsenal might do it this time with Chelsea having a much better season helped by not being involved in European games. 

1. Arsenal

2. Chelsea

3. Man City 

4. Man Utd 

5. Newcastle 

6. Liverpool 

Relegated.

Wolves 

Luton 

Pigs

Liverpool will be strong again this year. Arsenal have strengthened. Both should push City very close.

Battle for the 4th spot between Newcastle, Man U And possibly Chelsea. Spurs to be best of the rest ahead of Villa and Brighton.

Luton and Wolves look nailed on to go down. Hopefully Pigs don't get too spawny and scrape 4th bottom. Everton, Bournemouth and possibly Palace, if they don't recruit, could all struggle. Brentford could be interesting as they wont have Toney until January and they were very reliant on him last year.

The “worth” is dictated by Liverpools need for a holding midfielder to stop their defence falling to pieces in that system, a day before the season starts.

£80m-£120m is the new price bracket for “elite” talent to the big clubs. It’s an unintended consequence of the money in the game now that even Brighton can afford to hold out for it. West Ham are pushing City well into that price range for a player too.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Skyline said:

They paid £4.5mil for him... Selling him for £111mil.

Madness. 

Liverpool wouldn't spend that money on Bellingham before his Real Madrid move, but they're happy to pay it for Caicedo. 

Exactly what I thought… Caicedo is a good player but Bellingham is a generational talent IMO

Liverpool didn't go for Bellingham because he wanted to go to Madrid and told them so. They've also just trousered the best part of £55m for Henderson and Fabinho from the Saudi's and are in need of a defensive midfielder.

It's way too much money but it puts them in contention this year. He's an excellent footballer.

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

To be fair I also thought Liverpool got a massive bargain with MacAllister at £35m. 

£145m for a new young and talented midfield, proven in the Premier League and carrying around a World Cup winners medal, doesn’t seem that bad business to me.

That's how I looked at it too. Providing that they do as well as expected, that's their midfield pairing sorted for years

Amended predictions, Chelsea have been signing everyone again and Man City added Gvardiol.

Going 

City to win it

Liverpool 2nd

Chelsea 3rd

Arsenal 4th

Think Arsenal could win it if they prioritise it, but their squad isn't deep enough for CL, FA Cup and league imo 

3 hours ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

Are Liverpool fans still going to bang on about the fact they don't spend money? 

of the top 25 incoming PL transfers:-

Chelsea       - 6players

Man Utd      - 8players

Man City     - 4players

Liverpool     - 3players

Arsenal        - 3players

Newcastle   - 1player

Some real duds on that list, Lukaku (twice), Pogba, Antony, Sancho, Maguire, Fofana, Pepe, Nunez, Arrizabalaga, Havertz (twice), Di Maria, Mudryk....

Obviously some of them may still turn good or did perform well elsewhere (Di Maria) but I can only see the following as absolute successes at the clubs who paid the money.. Van Dijk, De Bruyne, Dias, Casemiro

Jury still out on Fernandez, Grealish, Rice, Gvardiol, Hojlund, Szoboszlai and Isak

4 minutes ago, Owl_For_a_Lifetime said:

of the top 25 incoming PL transfers:-

Chelsea       - 6players

Man Utd      - 8players

Man City     - 4players

Liverpool     - 3players

Arsenal        - 3players

Newcastle   - 1player

Some real duds on that list, Lukaku (twice), Pogba, Antony, Sancho, Maguire, Fofana, Pepe, Nunez, Arrizabalaga, Havertz (twice), Di Maria, Mudryk....

Obviously some of them may still turn good or did perform well elsewhere (Di Maria) but I can only see the following as absolute successes at the clubs who paid the money.. Van Dijk, De Bruyne, Dias, Casemiro

Jury still out on Fernandez, Grealish, Rice, Gvardiol, Hojlund, Szoboszlai and Isak

“The Glazers never spend! We want our club back!”

Man Utd have spent stupid money every single window since Fergie left and that list proves it.

• Like 1