Al Hilal Bid £259M For Mbappe

These player going to Saudi league are earning vast amounts of money but I don't think it will take long before some of them want out, it gets ridiculously hot all year round and continuously going to and from air conditioned buildings can get annoying after a while and I'm not right sure its all that healthy for you. It got my nerves a bit after spending just a fortnight in Egypt. 

3 hours ago, scram said:

FFP needs scrapping entirely

It might be unpalatable but football desperately needs to hit the reset button

Make it a free for all - those that have money spend it - those that don't find their level or fall by the wayside

Eventually what remains will be stable and sustainable clubs operating at whatever levels are left after the melee

Get everyone under SCMP.

Simple.

It's what FFP should have been all along.

Clubs can't go into masses of debt, but owners can put in as much cash as they want. Can't screw the clubs with loans either.

• Like 2

If Mbappe goes there he’ll be insanely rich but also laughed at… but PSG will be happy. 

Didn’t Mbappe say the French League was bad recently?  Imagine his legacy being tarnished by running rings around players in Saudi. 

If he doesn’t go, Saudi have at least shown (x100) their financial might…

However, their league needs about 140 more decent players… they should carry on with that recruitment instead - as they’ll get taken more seriously that way.  

This offer shows that they have a bottomless pit of money as expected - so other leagues need to think of a way to ‘shut their windows and doors’ as Carlos once said 

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

These player going to Saudi league are earning vast amounts of money but I don't think it will take long before some of them want out, it gets ridiculously hot all year round and continuously going to and from air conditioned buildings can get annoying after a while and I'm not right sure its all that healthy for you. It got my nerves a bit after spending just a fortnight in Egypt. 

If that becomes an issue my guess is that the clubs will have european training bases - and just fly in for matches

11 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He should go. If Saudi are willing to spend this type of money it’s going to be the best league anyway.

With a bit of luck the Saudis will end Sky's support of the English game by creating such an incredibly rich super league no one else can touch them. Then maybe the game will have a chance for a reset.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bradowl said:

After two weeks you're not acclimatised. 

It's not too bad as it's dry heat.

Who's really funding all this?

Now I know there are some extremely wealthy people out in that part of the world, but are the Saudi Government also pushing for this or is it just individual/groups of stupidly rich people playing real life football manager?

Just goes to show what Newcastle will be able to do once FFP lets them.

37 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Now I know there are some extremely wealthy people out in that part of the world, but are the Saudi Government also pushing for this or is it just individual/groups of stupidly rich people playing real life football manager?

The Saudi King is funding all of it through the PIF. Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy, so the King is the government.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skyline said:

They've already rendered FFP meaningless.

One big transfer to Saudi and your FFP slate is wiped clean.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scram said:

If that becomes an issue my guess is that the clubs will have european training bases - and fly in for matches

Heard on the radio the other day that the players live and train in London and travel for home and away games has been talked about again by Newcastle's Saudi owners. They're saying that it could be difficult to persuade top players to live in the Northeast. 

Remember it was being looked out as an option a few years ago can't remember by who though