Al Hilal Bid £259M For Mbappe

2 hours ago, darra said:

Heard on the radio the other day that the players live and train in London and travel for home and away games has been talked about again by Newcastle's Saudi owners. They're saying that it could be difficult to persuade top players to live in the Northeast. 

Remember it was being looked out as an option a few years ago can't remember by who though

A proper final nail in the coffin for the idea that Premiership football clubs have anything to do with the community they grew out of.

I mean from there, it's a short step to just moving the whole club to somewhere more lucrative.

4 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It’s basically like starting a football manager game with Wednesday and then setting up another player as PSG, and then buying Windass as PSG for £50m and giving yourself MONEY

Just need football.player sized brown envelopes 🙂

• Like 1

On 25/07/2023 at 11:40, darra said:

Heard on the radio the other day that the players live and train in London and travel for home and away games has been talked about again by Newcastle's Saudi owners. They're saying that it could be difficult to persuade top players to live in the Northeast. 

Remember it was being looked out as an option a few years ago can't remember by who though

It's an old idea really, when Warnock was Scarborough manager they wanted to move the training base to Leeds. It makes sense to me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's an old idea really, when Warnock was Scarborough manager they wanted to move the training base to Leeds. It makes sense to me.

Like I said it was talked about year's ago possibly was Newcastle then. Does kind of make sense

He's turning it down and not interested according to reports.

Would rather sit on the bench all season and get his move to Madrid when his contract is up it seems. 

Good that he's not entertaining it but he must be mad. I'd be asking for a one year deal, stupid money and then get the move to Madrid. Not like he's on peanuts at PSG mind you. We're talking a footballer that is already one of the highest paid in the world. 

5 hours ago, Skyline said:

He's turning it down and not interested according to reports.

Would rather sit on the bench all season and get his move to Madrid when his contract is up it seems. 

Good that he's not entertaining it but he must be mad. I'd be asking for a one year deal, stupid money and then get the move to Madrid. Not like he's on peanuts at PSG mind you. We're talking a footballer that is already one of the highest paid in the world. 

Apparently he is due a £51m loyalty bonus from PSG  according to sky sports news ,if he is still their player on 1st August (next Tuesday),so  being the cynic I am ,I expect him to move to Saudi next Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Mbappe

kind of a bewildering player now 

best player in the world but plays in a full league 

he’s already insanely wealthy… can’t he go to a premier league club and showcase his talents? Or at least Real or Barca 

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Apparently he is due a £51m loyalty bonus from PSG  according to sky sports news ,if he is still their player on 1st August (next Tuesday),so  being the cynic I am ,I expect him to move to Saudi next Wednesday. 

Depressingly I think you're spot on, problem of PSG's making though, nobody forced them to offer the contract with those terms...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rogers said:

He’ll move, his mother is his agent. He’ll pocket £700m and move to Real Madrid in a year. 

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Apparently he is due a £51m loyalty bonus from PSG  according to sky sports news ,if he is still their player on 1st August (next Tuesday),so  being the cynic I am , I expect him to move to Saudi next Wednesday. 

If he did move to Saudi and picked up his bonus by this time next year he'd be a billionaire?

• Like 1

Tough one this 

Do you go to an established league, win trophy’s and prove yourself as one of the best in the world

or 

do you go to Saudi, trouser an obscene amount of money and waste your best years in an inferior league? 

• Like 1

So after all this... I see he's back playing for PSG.

Now also talks he will stay at PSG and will not be leaving for free next summer.

Reports say he will either sign the one year extension or sign a new contract all together.

What a palaver.