Infantino

This is probably just the normal horse trading when negotiations are going on.

Bloke is just trying to get a better deal really.

$1m dollars does sound cheap for TV companies.

If BBC really value women's sport like they say why are they valuing it so cheaply?

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If BBC really value women's sport like they say why are they valuing it so cheaply?

There's likely a formula that it's based upon. Ie time of viewing X predicted number of viewers but obviously a lot more complicated. 

Despite the bounce the euros gave women's football here last year they do have a duty to all licence fee payers to ensure they aren't paying over the odds for it. I also heard on the radio last night it's a joint bid with ITV so they'll likely set it by how much sponsorship the ads draw in, all in all nowhere near what the men's game brings in at present.

Think the women's game needed a few more tournaments riding the back of the men's coattails in terms of sponsorship before FIFA separated them personally.

Viewing figures for games in early hours that don't involve England will only be a thousand. 

Games are played between 1am and 11am apparently, I won't be watching any during working week. 

No way should tv companies be paying anywhere near what's paid for men's world cup. 

• Like 1

Women’s football is 100 years behind men’s, it has to grow organically and cannot be forced. Although they are trying. 

It will take a fair while to bring the women’s game up to anywhere near the standard of the men’s game.

With better quality comes more viewers, with more viewers comes more sponsorship and therefore money. 

• Like 1

I keep seeing it mentioned about some massive crowds turning up for some of women's games like Arsenal v Wolfsburg other night but how much are tickets for these games?

I doubt they cost anywhere near what you can pay for premier league games. 

11 hours ago, Mac_77 said:

Women’s football is 100 years behind men’s, it has to grow organically and cannot be forced. Although they are trying. 

It will take a fair while to bring the women’s game up to anywhere near the standard of the men’s game.

With better quality comes more viewers, with more viewers comes more sponsorship and therefore money. 

100 years behind. Jeez give your head a shake...England girls won euros when did lads do that.

1 hour ago, MSN SYSOP said:

100 years behind. Jeez give your head a shake...England girls won euros when did lads do that.

What's England winning a tournament got to do with it? If they'd got beat in the euros would it still be in the dark ages?

The women's game is miles behind the men's game in every aspect I'm afraid.

• Like 3

On 03/05/2023 at 17:02, Mac_77 said:

See what you saying about needing to grow organically, but I don't mind too that people are trying to do more to 'force' it. It didn't 'organically' stay way behind the mens game. It was actually banned for a good few years. So if it's rammed down people's throats more in the hope of speeding up the process then so be it. All for it.

On 03/05/2023 at 10:29, matthefish2002 said:

The BBC values it because they can afford it. 

I’d say that the kick off times are having a large part to play into this.

The independent networks such as ITV won’t be able command the advertising deals at 8am as they would at 8pm.

On 03/05/2023 at 01:41, MSN SYSOP said:

Unless offers come in better then no woman's world Cup will be shown in the UK...............ever heard of a firestick pal 😁

Interesting to see how much fifa accept from countries like the Faroe Islands or Falkland Islands for coverage.

4 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Interesting to see how much fifa accept from countries like the Faroe Islands or Falkland Islands for coverage.

would be interesting to see how much they accept from countries they can't pull the virtue signalling on